• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

French Fries or Tater Tots?

Fries or Tots?

• French Fries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tater Tots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In light of the Pancakes vs. Waffles thread, I thought I'd do one with Fries vs. Tots. So which is your favorite? I'm kind of torn between the 2, but I lean toward tater tots. Unless it's seasoned curly fries, then those get the edge.

I like tater tots myself but when it comes to my mother's homemade fries or the diner in my town's fries there is no contest there. i don't know how my mother makes them fries i would love to see her but i guess im too busy when she's making them and she rarely makes them. i diner is another story if i had the money i would eat them so much i would get sick of them no joke. I used to call french fries "Frenchy Fries".The last time i had tater tots was back in high school and they rarely served them.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
French fries typically, but I have them so often that I had to pick the tots (Hey, Napoleon, give me some!). Really, I'm also torn between the two, but, again, I usually pick the taters if they're on the menu.

You can have more variation with french fries more so than you can with tater tots (e.g. waffle fries, shoe sting, wedges, and curly fries). I don't think you can do that with tater tots :P

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
French fries. 'Nuff said.
I love eating french fries. Especially when they are warm and crunchy. While I sometimes love the fries that are made at home, I especially love some of the frie places around my town. They are so delicious, I always enjoy them, even on a cold day X3
While I do like tater tots, I don't have them as much, though they are still enjoyable.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I prefer french fries because whenever I eat them, they are usually seasoned, extra crunchy, and warm. Tatter tots are usually soggy when I eat them or just too crunchy. It's hard to find and eat the "right kind" of tatter tots (not too soggy, not too crunchy), but with french fries, the crunchier they are, the better they are.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Erg... This thread is "erg"... Don't you know fries and tots are both made of potatoes, therefore, they are the same exact thing? Like
Zelda and Tetra,
they are teh same entity, only they look different. :rolleyes:

So let's pretend tots' n' fries are actually different foods, capable of their own thoughts and emotions, not unlike Siamese twins in they way they are so similar, but different. Which one is better? They both present several pros and cons, which I shall list myself for convienience:

Pros: French Fries

-The classic, been around longer than 'tots
-More friendly with ketchup or other condiments than tots are
-Bigger than tots, therefore more filling
-Able to be seasoned, baked, or fried to taste different every time
-Come with the Value Meals at McDonald's
-Can be made into cheese fries, the most delicious food available at Outback steakhouse
-Named after a most prestigious country

Pros: Tater Tots

-Small in size, more portable than fries
-Capable of being flung through the air (when necessary)
-Along with being flung, you can toss them up into the air and catch them in your mouth, unlike french fries, which would make you choke
-Cheaper than fries
-Nice and soft, good for young children, teens with braces, seniors with dentures, or people with sore throats

Cons: French Fries

-Pretty big, not too portable, must be carried around in a bowl, basket, or container at all times
-Messy, ketchup gets your hands sticky, fries can fall apart on your lap
-Unhealthy when fried. Well, unhealthy whenever, really....

Cons: Tator Tots

-Not very filling
-Tempt young children to be thrown around the room, after a few bad misses, a food fight may commence
-Rarer than fries

Do you understand now? This discussion is pointless. Both fries n' tots are yummy, delicious, somewhat fatty (bad thing?) sides. In conclusion, I believe we shalt not spend our time arguing, but instead fry up ourselves and banquet of French fries and tater tots. I vote neither, but both. :rolleyes:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I love both, but french fries definitely win. There are all kinds of french fries, and no restaurant has one exactly the same as another.

Tough call....I LOVE crispy french fries - can't get enough of them! But I also love onion flavored tator tots (which are, sadly, impossible to find anymore in my area). Very tough call...

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
French fries, of course. They have quite a variety to them, with several different cuts (curly fries, steak fries, waffle fries, etc.) and, of course, seasoning. They can also compliment meals or you can eat them as a snack, if you had a sudden craving for some junk food. Then there's the different ways you can eat them. Plain or dip them in something? There's a lot of things you can dip them in. I personally like to dip them in a chocolate frosty whenever I go to Wendy's (which sounds disgusting, but the salt of the fries and the cold sweetness of the frosty compliment each other quite nicely. Just don't ask about the calories.)

Tater tots are boring in comparison. There aren't many ways you can prepare them and I find the texture rather disgusting. Besides, when I think tater tots, I think school food and that's not something I want to be reminded of.

I think a better poll would have been between French fries and onion rings since they are often served with the same types of meals, but that's just me.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
this is a tough one because i like them both but i like french fries a little bit more especially if they are like the steak fries.. those kind always seem so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom