• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fi, Midna, or Zelda?

G

gaming_assassin

i say Midna all the way. Fi is pretty much no help and Zelda is just saved over and over. GET A LIFE ZELDA! so just leave something about what you think

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Are we talking about Zelda as a partner in ST? If so, then Zelda all the way. In ST, she actually helps Link fight against enemies as well as helps Link solve puzzles in the Tower of Spirits. On top of that, she's a lovable character with great development. She's the best partner in the series, if you ask me.

I pick Fi as second. What she lacks in personality she makes up for in knowledge. She was extremely helpful to me. Her advice, particularly on enemies, came in handy on multiple occasions. Without her, I'd still think the Sentrobes were invincible.

Midna is last on this list. She's a cold, heartless, calculating, manipulative prick from the moment Link meets her, and her personality change does little to make up for her uselessness. She is barely any help in solving puzzles or fighting enemies. The only things she's good for are warping and transforming Link into a wolf. I hate her guts. She's the worst partner in the series, if you ask me.

Last edited:
If you're asking which I prefer in terms of...anything, then probably Midna. She had good characterization and stayed with you the entire journey; while not terribly useful for information (unlike Navi and Fi), she was just a more enjoyable character and, on a personal level, probably the series' best example of a partner done right.

In terms of use as a partner, maybe Fi. Fi talked perhaps a little more than she should have (especially when veteran Skyward Sword players have gone over the particular section multiple times and don't need the info again), but she was a whole lot more useful than Midna and maybe Zelda from Spirit Tracks - though I haven't played Spirit Tracks, so I can't comment there. Fi gave you a complete lowdown on enemies, including how many of them you'd defeated and your general level of skill when facing them. I'd like to see that return, just with either more carefully chosen words or an optional roll of duct tape.

Out of all 3 the most information you get from a companion would have to be Fi, but as for character overall I would choose Minda, she gave you information sometimes but she mostly made it so you have to figure everything out on your own and gave you more of a difficulty factor, she also was a lot more useful in a physical sense to where she could move things for you teleport you, and even transform you from beast to man. This is just my opinion, I never played ST so I couldn't give my opinion on the Zelda aspect of this thread, but out of the three choices it is most definitely Minda for my style of play.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Characters? Partners? What?

Well either way, Midna's first. I felt she had the best character out of anyone in the series. Zelda is next. Her relationship with Link was one of the highlights in ST. Fi is last...she had little character and was overly annoying.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I'd ask for more clarification.

If we're talking about partners, as in usefulness, I'd pick Fi. She is far more knowledgeable than anybody else, and even if sometimes she gave out a little TOO much information, she almost always was able to help me out when I needed it. (The only time she failed me was against Demise, her hints were of no use, and I had to think up a totally new strategy on the spot while being wailed on by a hulking monstrosity!) Although now come to think of it, Zelda from ST was most helpful in a physical sense, so there's that too.

If we're talking about characters, as in personality, then I'd pick Midna. I actually liked that she started out as a manipulative imp then showed some real development and change as the story went on. I still wish we could see her again, even though I know it's an impossibility unless we go even further back in time.

If we're talking about who you want to BE with... um... one of them is, like, a robot... gross.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
i say Midna all the way. Fi is pretty much no help and Zelda is just saved over and over. GET A LIFE ZELDA! so just leave something about what you think
Midna wasn't very useful imo, but her warping ability saved me crucial amounts of time, as well with the jumping ability in wolf form. Other than that, her advice stunk and I just really hated her attitude until the very very end.... When she left... Fi was of great assistance, who are you kidding? Dowsing, statistics like no other, pointing out the obvious, yes, but other characters have done so as well. Zelda, in most games, is of great help. Her ability to shoot light arrows with such precision is fantastic. Not only that, but who else is going to summon sages to send someone to the Sacred Realm? Zelda in Spirit Tracks was a tremendous help. Without her, I don't think it would be possible to finish the game, let alone most puzzles.

In my mind, the best out of the three is a tie between Midna and Fi.

Midna was a sarcastic, inconsiderate... um... shall we say "expletive", and that is just what I love about her. She is the exact kind of jerk that I am/would be in situations like hers (although, I'm more of a smart aleck than an outright jerk). I get constant entertainment from the things that she says to Link.

As for Fi, she was a pretty awesome companion. I have a tremendous case of OCD when it comes to games. I have to get ALL of the EVERYTHING in the game before I am satisfied, and Fi helped me with that quite a bit. I also like knowing random trivialities and the names of the things that I kill, so Fi was able to hit two guays with one stone on that one. I also like Fi's voice, especially her singing voice.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'd say Midna. Midna did had some annoying moments, but she knew how to give information on helping you through the quest. Even if it means with some insulting line Link has to pass through.

Midna is an obscured character that is in between good and evil. She had been toying with Link on the first part of the quest, as they continue through the quest, she began to realize that Link has offered his entire to save not only Hyrule, but her kingdom too. That's what I liked about Midna. Helpful with some hintfull ideas, yet insulting and ignorant.

As for Fi and Zelda, they both did help Link as giving hints, words of advice, and hinting where his next journey would be. However, they couldn't help as much as Midna did. Fi was intelligent, but constantly giving advice, which really annoyed me. Zelda on the other hand, does the same thing over an over again. Gives you advice, get kidnapped, and repeat process. She is still helpful though. Giving you songs and items like in OoT to help you defeat Ganondorf.

Overall that, Midna is my choice.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Well,

1) Midna: Great music to go with her, plus character development and she really is one of my favorite ever characters

2) Zelda: She is quite humorous and silly and she fits ST perfectly

3) Fi: While i did enjoy her parting words to Link, she is annoying through out the entire game! LIKE SO ANNOYING

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom