• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Farore's Wind: Useless?

Ummm...no.
Farore's Wind woud've been alot more helpful in MM with the dungeon reseting and all that

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I thought this item was pretty useful because I usually don't like playing for more the 1.5 hours at a time, so if I happen to be in the middle of a dungeon or temple, I just use it in that room so I don't have to travel all the way back there. It's useful in the Fire Temple too because I keep falling down and I don't want to go all the way back up.

B

Blizzard78

well i used it in the water temple. and it makes it much ezier.

W

wideyedwanderer

I use it more for fun than for any practical purpose. It's more of a novelty item.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
First I thought it was a bit useless. But the first game I played was TP and ther you could use the ooccaa to warp out of a temple. So I started to use farores wind that way and then its so helpfull. If you are in a temple, in a place hard to get there, you can save that place with f-w if you die or if you quit playing.

Its helpful in the ice cavern when you have got the iron boots just use it to get back to the entrance really quick or when you are getting the blue fire. Its really helpful for going into places just to collect certain stuff and getting out quicker instead of having to run back to the exit like when you do ganons tower aswell just use it after the shadow floor

there would be the odd time i'd use it but whenever i did use it i always forgot it was there
so i would travel through the water temple or ganondorfs castle (didnt feel like going up the stairs again)
but i always forgot it was there =\

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
In theory, I can see how it would be useful. Being able to get back to a set point without having to traverse the dungeon.

In practice, however, I've never used it. For one thing, I never remember to set the warp points. For another, I always end up finding that it would be more useful if I could use it outside of dungeons, perhaps to return to Ice Cavern or something.

I'm glad that it's in the game, just in case I need it... but I never have needed it, and when I did, I've never anticipated it enough to set the warp point. If I get in real trouble, I usually find myself using the warp songs to go some place where I can heal safely.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I must say, Farore's Wind has helped me out a few times, but just because I was lazy to walk through a few rooms.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
the only time I ever used Farore's Wind was just before the first Gannondorf battle (because I hate traveling so far just to do a swordless link glitch). But other than that, nothing.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
It is very, very useful in Water Temple, and I've used it some in the other temples, too. It's great to use when you need items and whatnot. I used to not use it a lot but then much later I found it to be quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom