• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons Beaten Without a Walkthrough

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
What Dungeons have you beaten without having to use a walkthrough? Here are mine.

LoZ:
None

AoL:
Parapa Palace

ALttP:
Eastern Palace

Link's Awakening:
Tail Cave
Bottle Grotto
Key Cavern

OoT:
Inside the Deku Tree
Dodongos Cavern

MM:
None

OoS:
Snake's Remains
Poison Moth's Lair

OoA:
Spirit's Cave
Wing Dungeon

WW:
None

FS:
None

FSA:
None

MC:
Deepwood Shrine
Cave of Flames
Fortress of Winds
Temple of Droplets
Dark Hyrule Castle

TP:
None

PH:
None

ST:
None

SS:
None

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I haven't needed to use a walkthrough on any dungeons in the series from The Wind Waker and onward. I never needed help with The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess because the dungeons were so freakin' easy, but with all the other games, it was just because I'd gotten used to recognizing patterns in a Zelda game (and video games in general). If I weren't such a pro at Zelda, I no doubt would have needed walkthroughs for Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
ALttP: Eastern Palace

OoT: Inside the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly , Forest Temple, Water Temple, Shadow Temple, Inside Ganon's Castle

MM: Woodfall Temple

WW: Dragon Roost Cavern

TP: Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, Temple of Time, Palace of Twilight, Hyrule Castle

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The only games I've ever used a walkthrough for is LoZ and Alttp, First dungeons for both. But last time I played both of those games I was under the age of 10 so my puzzle solving skills weren't the sharpest nor did I have the patience to look for clues everywhere, So I took the easy way out. Although if I'd attempt to clear both games next week I'd most likely succeed without any outside help, Will come back and edit post when I've found out. ;)

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Easier to say which dungeons I did use a walkthrough for because there are only two.

Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple for Majora's Mask. They are the only dungeons I have ever used a walkthrough for, I beat every single other dungeon on my own.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
City in the Sky was the only one I needed help on. ^^

Oh and that one part of Ganon's Tower from Master Quest. I would have never guessed the sun was behind the spirit emblem.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have banned myself from walkthroughs. I just DON'T use them anymore. However, before completing A Link to the Past, I did. This is because I used a walkthrough with the ENTIRE game – every single dungeon – and I felt really bad about it so I don't allow myself to use them. But before A Link to the Past, I did use walkthroughs occasionally. Here are the dungeons I HAVE used a walkthrough on:

A Link to the Past – All of them
OoT – Water Temple, Spirit Temple (and possibly more; I don't really remember this one)
MM – Great Bay Temple, Stone Tower Temple
TWW – Forsaken Fortress (first time; missed a searchlight), Wind Temple (couldn't figure out how to get Makar out of that cage... o_O)
ST – Sand Temple (well, not really the TEMPLE, but I couldn't find the Sand Sanctuary... I am apparently incapable of drawing straight lines on my map, because those darn statues' gazes never met.)

Don't remember anything for Phantom Hourglass, since my initial playthrough was forever ago, but I probably used walkthroughs there, too. TP I only used a walkthrough to figure out how to get the basket from the monkey, but not in a dungeon.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like others, I'm going to list the dungeons that I HAVE used a walkthrough for. It's hard searching my memory for those that I haven't.

LoZ: Final level
AoL: All
ALttP: None (I have before...but I don't count that)
LA: Catfish Maw
OoT: Water Temple occasionally OoTMQ: None? [maybe used it on Spirit Temple MQ? I forget it's been forever]
MM: Great Bay, Stone Tower
TWW: None
TMC: None (figuring this game out first playthrough was amazing)
TP: None
PH: None (and so far none...yay for moonhop!)
ST: None
SS: None

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Uh, the first dungeon in WW and second in WW

None in TP

All in PH and ST

MC all

LA first 4

SS
all with out

OOt
none

MM
none

ALTTP
all

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Hmm....in the hand-held games and ALttP were the only games I didn't use Walkthroughs at all. On the other console games, I did needed some Walkthroughs on the dungeons I dislike, which apparently, I get lost. The water temples I take the longest. On my try on playing TP, I got lost and I needed a video Walkthroughs to help get unstuck. I try to not use too much, but its necessary for me to help me on the Zelda games.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The only dungeons I've needed a walkthrough on were Stone Tower Temple and that last section of the Tower of Spirits.

Stone Tower, because I was like 11 or 12 at the time, and that one mirror room really bugged me.

Tower of Spirits, because I got to that part where I had to warp over the sand pit to press that switch, and I for the life of me could not figure out how to do it. I was stuck on that part for 3 HOURS, and it never occurred to me to stun that little eyeball thing instead of killing it, then blowing him over the sand pit, THEN warping over. That boggled my mind.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'm proud to say I never needed the walkthrough once for A Link to the Past, which is my favorite from the series (because it was decently difficult, in comparison to OoT, my second favorite).

I started using the walkthroughs for OoT once I got to the Water Temple, and from then I was stuck using it. I also used it for MM.

I didn't need it for Twilight Princess, except on City in the Sky when I had absolutely no idea what to do next... (I missed something) Didn't need it for the DS games, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom