• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeon Idea =D

Would you ever want a fully Black and White Dungeon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this would be interesting. There was one zelda classic quest I played that had a black and white themed area, but not a dungeon. I think that a black and white land and dungeon would be best, because without the land you wouldn't really care about returning color to the world, and without the dungeon all the puzzles that could have come up from the theme wouldn't be able to appear.

Can anyone think of a reason why the dungeon could be this way?
Perhaps it could be a series of traps designed to function as an optical illusion, a little like I mentioned before? Perhaps the area is frozen, kind of like Hyrule Castle in The Wind Waker, or some kind of power or life force has been drained from it? I dunno, there's a lot of things you could go with.

Nintendo made LA for the GB Color also, Link Awakening DX it was called.
Yeah, but what they were talking about was that LA was black and white, but that's not a thematic choice, it's a graphical issue. So it's not really the same as the idea proposed in this thread.

No it was in a Zelda game.......... WW and another one that I don't remember.......
Ah, yeah, it was in TWW with Hyrule Castle, but the idea the thread poster was suggesting is to do more with it and use it for a whole dungeon, not just a short area (Hyrule Castle totally wasn't a dungeon). ;)

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Like axel said, the life force could have been drained from it, but instead, time could have stopped in the dungeon, so, gradually you return time by beating certain enemies or doing certain things, and then the traps will start moving and maybe, doors that are open/closed in the monochrome stage could close/open, forcing you to switch between colour and monochrome! The optical illusions are a good idea and enemies could be concealed against walls and floors and link could get a special tunic to stop the time leaving him. Maybe, he starts going into the temple and the colour starts leaving him, but a thing gives him a tunic (black and white obviously) that protects him from being drained! BTW, if you havent guessed, I like the idea!

Kybyrian

I'm actually quite opposed to this idea. It's not that it's just completely bad, but it seems like it would just be pretty dull, you know? I'm aware that Zelda games aren't exactly the most upbeat and everything, but a completely black and white dungeon seems like it would make me almost not want to play through it. Just imagining it gives me that feeling that I get with some games, where I just leave it for a few months and then keep telling myself that I'll beat it sometime. I don't want an experience like that with Skyward Sword. I want to be able to play through the game without any discouragement, as it seems something like this would provide. The ideas that some people have been coming up with are nice and unique, but I think the overall feeling of the dungeon is enough to make me not want to see it in Skyward Sword.

O

O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlR5_JVjqJ4
smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom