• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Do You Want to See Overhead Continue?

Should the Overhead Style Continue to be Used?

• O yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O No

• Unsure

• Total voters

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I think 3D games should be for Consoles only, Consoles are where the big budget games go. i think that ALL handheld Zelda games should keep the overhead view. i didnt play OoT3D but im guessing it was just a small version of the 64 game! which means it was nothing new, just a way to say "hey look, we got a handheld that looks and runs just as well if not better than the N64 Console" thats cool and all, i just feel the handhelds are a perfect way to keep the overhead view alive and relevant, i dont mind playing em on hand helds, as long as they dont cut the concept all together!

putting a top down game on a console say the Wii U, would just be a huge waste of development budget. when they could be using that budget to make us a bad *** Zelda game that we have been waiting for since WW or TP!

Salem

SICK
^That's not just it, people have been complaining how the new handheld game is overhear and it should be just because the 3DS is capable of 3D gaming. SO what does this mean? 3D games on the console AND handheld? This leaves nothing for the 2D games, do these REALLY want 2D to disappear forever? This sounds mean.

Salem

SICK
PH and ST had 2D gameplay even though they used 3D polygons, kinda like the New Super Mario Bros. games and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Donkey Kong Country Returns = Side Scroller gameplay
A Link Between Worlds = Top down view gameplay

2D or 3D = irrelevant to gameplay

Now everybody, STFU, and thank you. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Donkey Kong Country Returns = Side Scroller gameplay
A Link Between Worlds = Top down view gameplay

2D or 3D = irrelevant to gameplay

Now everybody, STFU, and thank you. ;)

It's actually very relevant. There are certain things you can do with 3D that you can't with 2D, such as with DKCR having Donkey go into the background and have things come at him from the background in real-time -- real-time being the key term. It also is what allows for transition between floors in the ALBW demo to be seamless, and what allows for things like Tektites being able to jump from the ground up on top of a small cliff that normally only Link would be capable of jumping down from, not to mention the "become a drawing" mechanic switching to a traditional 3D camera angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom