• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want to Have Kids One Day and how to raise them

Nicole

luke is my wife
I can 100% guarantee that I will not give birth ever in my lifetime under any circumstances. A girl can't get another girl pregnant, so provided something tragic doesn't happen to me, I'll never ever be pregnant. And that would be ideal for me. Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. I don't even like to use the p-word and "I" in the same sentence, that's how uncomfortable it makes me. I fully support anyone else's decisions or desires to have children or be pregnant, but it's not my cup of tea.

I have never for a single day in my life ever considering the possibility of being pregnant someday. I remember in elementary school, many girls would center their futures around being mothers and I thought that was weird. It's never been part of my life plan.

That doesn't mean I'm dead set against having children. Maybe one day I'll be okay with adopting. Maybe when I'm older, technology will be available for me and my significant other to have biological children. That would be neat as long as I'm not the one... doing the work. :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Someday, definitely! Though, I don't want to be like my siblings. One of them has 4 kids, the oldest of which is 6, and is only 25; another is 27 already, 10 years together with her spouse, and they don't have kids yet. Another is still single, though she's only 19.

If I were to have kids, I'd probably have 2. Ideally, there'd be a boy and a girl, but I'd settle for two of either. And I want to have at least one of them by the time I turn 25, because most parents I know are like 30-35 years older than their kids. The kids I have need to be with somebody I know I could stay with, because split parents can be really hard on children (speaking from experience, my parents divorced when I was 9).

I know the OP doesn't ask this, but as far as names go, I'd pick Tyson for a boy and Sarah for a girl. I like both of these names, even though they're fairly common.

Beeker

Wild Card
I wouldn't mind having a kid. Most likely just one,two at most, since hey, I feel like it would make a complete happy family(despite all the little speedbumps). Whether that'll happen or not will be up in the air for a long time, seeing as my partner and I are on opposite sides of the fence. I'd like but he does not want to. At all.
I'd rather not have it be a concern right now anyways, that should be considered years down the road!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
If I ever do have children, it's going to be a LONG way down the road. I don't intend to decide now whether I want them or not. I'm not nearly mature enough yet for that kind of responsibility. But I do like kids. So... I'll PROBABLY have children some day. (The thought of being pregnant isn't very appealing, though.... Maybe I'll just adopt? XD)

Eh if it were up to me no. But I think a lot of guys are on the fence or "leaning" towards no until they get to a certain point in life or meet the "right girl" so we'll see ultimately. But as of today and probably 2014, no.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I really do hope I get married and have kids. I love kids. But I don't want a ton. 3 seems like the perfect amount. 2 or 4 would be livable too, 5 just seems like too many :P

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I literally just said the other day that I'd have no problem drop kicking a baby into a trash can if someone paid me enough so...
No. No way.

キラ

Yo!
I really want kids someday. I love kids. I love playing with kids, teaching them words, making them laugh...
I would love to have that type of thing going on with my life, but the kid would instead just be a little version of me (I'd let my child be different and make his own life choices down the road but you get the picture)! I would know that child is a creation of mine! It came from me! I brought it into the Earth! I would play with him/her (whether it'd be a board game, action figures, or dolls), watch movies with him/her, feed him/her, read bedtime stories to him/her, take naps with him/her, introduce him/her to Zelda... :cool:

I can't wait to have a child. I'm not afraid of children. I've seen bratty children but not all children are little demons, hahaha! :lol: I think hat as long a you're a great parent and raise your kids well, your kids will behave just fine! Yes, there are bumps in the road, like adolescence, but if I raise my teenagers well, they won't be having sex, partying all night, or doing drugs! As long as you're great parents, you'll have amazing kids! I can't wait to have mine! ^^

I do know though that it can't happen right now. I am 19 with a minimum wage job. I'm talking a few years down the road when I decide to get my classes done to be a phlebotomist and my girlfriend will have been done with college to be a stenographer! Then I will have babies! ^^

I think that I only want two of them. I would love to have either a boy or a girl for either; I would love to have one of each! For boy names, I really like the name Alphonse. For girl names, I really like Autumn, Violet, or Lily! ^^ I guess I could name one Tyler Jr. if I really wanted to (Tyler is my name), even the girl cause Tyler is a unisex name (but that'd probably be a little weird :sweat:).

I can't wait to have a little person that I can care for and love!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly have no idea. It would be nice to have a child, and a child you can call your own, but there seem to be a lot of negatives. One problem that can happen is something happening to my wife or the child during birth or pregnancy. There's also the risk of being extremely unlucky and getting STDs. I also don't want to risk hurting her when taking her virginity, and I don't want her to go through the pain of child birth. These issue could be eliminated with adoption, but I am starting to want my own. Another is the possibility of them becoming a rebel and hating us, or the child ruining my time with my wife. I also want a girl, but I'll settle with a boy, and I half want one child, but don't want them to be a lonely only child. I also hate children. xD

I am kind of paranoid, and this post might be awkward xD

So, as of right now, no. That may change in the future, but I don't want to focus on having a child now

Never. I wouldn't be able to have the lifestyle that I want to have if I had kids. Heck, I don't even want pets. Or even a live-in partner. I like peace and quiet, thanks.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
No. I never have desired a child, nor will I ever. It's not that I despise babies, children, and the like. I am just such an introverted extrovert that the concept of having a wife, someone who *should* live with me for the remainder of my life, seems unappealing. Having a girlfriend isn't even my thing. It's a struggle for me to simply friends. A kid would totally cramp my go-with-the-flow style. Unless they were my apprentice. Then I could make them do tedious, repetitive tasks to leave me alone and no one could call me a bad parent; only a tough master.

#SingleForLife

I'd like to have kids. I've always planned on having a family (socialization and whatnot), but I really like kids anyway. I find them--infants and toddlers especially--to be quite fascinating. I like to look at babies as if they're supercomputers, how they're calculating the crap out of everything around them, developing language and stuff like that. I also learned recently that kids are actually just people and not some separate species of mindless, barbaric, snot-filled monsters. Who knew?

Additionally, I feel like my life would amount to a colossal waste of time if I spent the entirety of it living only for myself. Why live a life that will just end up inconsequential after I die when I'm 80 or whenever? I'd rather my accumulated experiences and knowledge, as opposed to completely disappearing, be put into nurturing people who will be greater than I am.

As for numbers, I'd like to have three, with at least one daughter. As for names, I'd like to call one of my sons (if I have any) James. That's the only definite one though. I suppose Lee sounds kind of nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom