• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want to Have Kids One Day and how to raise them

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Do You Want To Have Children?

I have been asking myself for months. "Do I wanted to have children?" It seems like it would be cool to have a kid, but I don't know if I can handle all the responsibility of caring for it. Luck for me though, I am on 16 and still have years to think about this. I also need to find my other half before I can even begin to actually start thinking about reproducing.

As of now, I am undecided. I can think of a lot of great things about raising my own child. You get to watch it grow and you are a strong part of making it who it is. I just can't help but be worried about the responsibility though. I also find little kids annoying, so I might go insane if I have to live with them for that long. Like I said though, I still have many years to think about this, and opinions can change. Unless, I become 16 and Pregnant, but that's not only impossible (I don't have the right parts, I meant having a kid this early in my life), but I also know I'm better than that. I'm also not a very sexual person either, but this might be getting too serious for the General Discussion so I'll stop there.

So, what about you guys? Do you want to have a child? And if you already have one, tell us what it's like.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Someday, yes. Though I, like you, am only 16, and therefore have plenty of time to decide.

Yes, kids are annoying. But if you think about it, all kids are. Even you were when you were little (not a stalker, I swear), and that is something parents have to live with. I have been watching my sister's kids grow, and I can tell you that kids are not as much of a nuisance once they are passed that stage. If they are trained and disciplined properly, then it should not be much of a problem. I am assuming one of your issues with kids is training them, and I agree. It seems like a lot of work, and can prove to be quite difficult. However, it totally pays off in the end. Raising kids is almost like a second job, but a job that pays in much more than just money.

When it comes down to it, having children to call your own would be a truly amazing experience. All I ever wanted to be when I was little (besides a spider, of course), was a daddy, and I stand by that to this day. Exactly when the right time is, I have no idea. What I do know is that, in the future, I would certainly love to have children.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Maybe a few. And not right now.

The idea of the responsibility of a child is a heavy one. If you do it right, and get downright lucky, you don't have to do it alone. Find that special someone you can be with forever and you'll have all the help you'll need. ;)

Children are a blessing and a burden, as my grandmother always said.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No, not at all. I hate children to begin with, so the last thing I ever want is the responsibility of caring for them. Secondly, I purposely plan on not having time for kids or love. Future jobs and colleges are my main priority, so I really couldn't care less for having any offspring, regardless of gender, or a love interest.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
....yeah why not :wynaut:
i mean i have thought about it and i know it'll be no easy task;once you have that kid your life no longer becomes yours
but still though,i would like to have kids someday [and i'm aiming for 3,at least 1 straight boy rest can be females for all i care,large age gaps b/w them.....maybe],trust me,the world will benefit by having more markasscops around hehehe....:devil:

I want a daughter. If I get a son I'm probably going to kill him or at least put him up for adoption.

the hell......

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Turning 23 soon, and have no plans for kids, though I think one girl might be ok (I can picture us cuddling up together after she has a rough day at school and snacking on chocolate together while watching sad movies, my would be husband walking in on the two women in his life stuffing their faces with chocolate and bawling their eyes out)

I like kids, but I don't like the way the world is going, and don't want to subject my children to that world. Nor do I want to add to a population where so many are already unwanted. Adoption is a very likely option for me.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm 19 and I think I'm too young and inexperienced of the world to even think about this right now. But if I do, I would like 2 kids. The thing is though, I am very likely to have twins so...

I mean my sister was 16 when she had my niece and I just didn't wanna go the same way. So I practise safe sex, haha!

That being said, I was told at the age of 15 I probably won't be able to have kids anyway. I'm not too worried about this right now though, I am far from a point in my life where I'm ready to even consider this.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Do I want children? Right now? I don't know. One thing I do know though. If I ever have children, they are going to be adopted.

But do I even want children? One thing that scares me the most about having children is having people who are dependent on me. And I am very unreliable :P I don't know if I might loose my job, and my children would end up eating scraps. I know my husband would be there, but I just don't want to take that chance.

I'm also afraid about the actual parenting. Now with technology booming, parenting has become hard. It's much more difficult. I know I'm giving my parents a hard time. People just don't know how much is right. How much internet time is right? How many texts are right? How much pocket money is right? How much games are right? We don't know. It's hard to control the outside forces that your child is being exposed to. I feel like I would be helpless in such a state.

So I don't think I would be having children. I don't think I would be able to hold the responsibility, and I don't want to take any chances. I'm defiantly not going to have my own children. But even adoption has the exact same amount of responsibility needed. To be honest, I would much rather have a dog, than children :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want a daughter. If I get a son I'm probably going to kill him or at least put him up for adoption.

No matter how ****ed up this might be, this was a running joke among a lot of guys in my school. Q_Q

I want children. My motivation for having children isn't the same as others. I want children to prove my dad W-R-O-N-G. To show him what's up. To show him how to treat people without hammering in your side of things. As for what children I want, I was actually looking at adoption for sources. I still don't know hjow adoption works, so I won't comment much on it except for this: I think there are enough people in the world so that "having your own baby" shouldn't really be necessary. But, do as you will - I'm not you and I own't pretend to be.

I would love to have or adopt children. But I need to find the right someone first. I adore children and adopting is a great option but there are many downfalls to that too. But that is the future and it will take care of itself.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I definitely plan on having kids once I find the right girl to wife, and we settle down. I grew up in a big family, and I helped raise two of my siblings. I've always been good with kids and even though they can be a total pain in the ***, they can be a lot of fun too. It's amazing how much you can learn by raising a child. You learn a lot about yourself as well as life in general. I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of raising kids. Between assisting my family in raising two of my younger siblings, and knowing what kinds of things my parents did to raise me that were good for me, and the things that were not. However, I'm aware that there is a huge difference in helping raise a sibling or someone else's kid, and raising your own child. It changes everything. The sense of responsibility is so much greater when it is YOUR baby that you and your partner brought into the world.

But yeah, I gotta find someone to wife someone first. :P (Lol, listening to Slipknot and talking about how much I love kids. It's an interesting combo. xP)

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
me. it's not a matter of if i want kids it's a matter of when. I want three to maybe four kids lol. I would prefer to have someone there (the father) to be there but sometimes that not how life plays out. my mom had to raise me and my sis alone and we came out just fine.

I want that many kids because me and my sister are so close. no matter what happened in our lives we always had each other and sometimes we only had each other. And knowing and thinking about that bond makes me want to have at the very least two children so they can have that same bond as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom