• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think That SS Will Tur Out More Beautiful Than TP?

I don't think it has a chanche! TP is in my opinion the most beautiful zelda game to date with the amazing gloom and all the other stuff. :)

But that's only my opinion. what's yours?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I don't think it has a chanche! TP is in my opinion the most beautiful zelda game to date with the amazing gloom and all the other stuff. :)

But that's only my opinion. what's yours?

I think TP looks good, but some parts of it are very ugly...it has a lot of muddy textures and generally looks pretty muddled and dark. SS's colors are more bold...and as has been demonstrated the graphics are more detailed...further, the cell shading will be timeless and won't look all outdated 5-10 years from now.

SS FTW!

I think that it really depends n what area you are in like the fishing area in TP was very beautifull but I wasn't a huge fan of death mountain so I really think it depends on where you are in the game and I believe that it will be no different in SS

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's too early to say. Yeah the SS graphics looked brighter but I trully love TP. I do hope SS will defeat it because then Nintendo once improved themselves again but only time can tell.

Steve

5/19/13
I sure hope it is, I was gravely disappointed with how Twilight Princess looked. I thought it was rather grungy and dull compared to the other games, but Skyward Sword seems to be on the right track in terms of how they're choosing colors and such.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I think that so far, I like SS's graphics better. I loved TP's as well though. I like realism the best, but TP's colors were so dull and brown that it was hard for me to enjoy it. Some areas like Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain were stunning but areas like Death Mountain or Ordon Village were colorless and plain. You can still have rich colors in a dark game.. Just look at MM. The thing I liked about the graphics in that game though is that everything seemed to glow, especially when in twilight. While I like both styles, I think SS is a bit better, but just because of the gorgeous colors. If TP was colorful, I would have chosen it.

I didn't like anything about Twilight Princess' graphics. I would've enjoyed it, had I not be amazed by The Wind Waker's style. I suppose I just prefer fantasy over reality, in story and in style.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Judging from what I saw at E3, SS has already beat out TP.
TP was so dark, muddy, colorless, and almost generic in terms of graphics.
The graphics in SS look to be bright and colorful; and the artistic style of it is unique and charming.
That's just my opinion, but yeah, I think SS already looks more beautiful.
:)

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
I think it will definatly be more pretty, the brighter colors will really bring out the beauty in even the most simplest landscapes!

Beeker

Wild Card
This game definitely will look better than TP. There were a few locations I thought were beautiful, even with its muddy colour palette. But they don't compare to SS. I think this because 1) SS's graphics are of a higher quality and 2) the art style is very unique. The way the colours are used makes it so bright and vibrant. The cel-shading also helps smooth it out way better than Twilight Princess.

L

lemsklex

I think it will(it kind of already has). I prefer my Zelda games to be colorful and bright, and while I really enjoyed Twilight Princess, its multiple shades of brown at some points made it look dull (and also hurt my eyes). Just my opinion, of course.

Judging by what we've seen so far, I think it will. Jupiter made the point that while some parts of TP looked good, quite a few had a sort of "muddled" and darker look, and many of the textures were duller and not very sharp at all. Skyward Sword is obviously more colourful, and so far looks much more vibrant and sharp.

Kybyrian

Beautiful can mean a couple of things... you could be talking about graphics, or you could be describing the gameplay as "beautiful", as I do with a few games. As far as graphics go, I don't really care. Twilight Princess looked more realistic, yes, but we don't need Zelda games looking too realistic, so the graphics don't really matter to me. They could have Ocarina of Time graphics and I wouldn't care about the difference, and I wouldn't say either looked more "beautiful". Twilight Princess was essentially Ocarina of Time graphics with a few simple changes to make it seem darker and the like. Of course they also tweaked them up a bit.

As far as gameplay goes, however, I certainly think that SS will be more beautiful than TP. At least, I hope it is. We don't need something worse than TP. TP was a pretty darn good game, but I'd love to see an even better game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom