• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Still Enjoy Games As Much As You Used to

Do you still Enjoy video games as much as you used to

• Yes Dan I do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Dan I do not

• I enjoy them the same Dan

• Total voters

Dan

Perhaps it's just because I've grown up (physically anyway, mentally I still feel like a four year old) but games just don't hit me as fun so much as they used to. Maybe it's just a "candy used to taste better in my day" thing, but I'm really bicurious. I really hope to see some people actually enjoy them more-so now than when they did when they were young. Which may be hard since a ****ing red dot with sunglasses was soooo COOL as kid!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Considering how often I put on a game compared to what I used to as a kid, I can only answer no in the poll. I still love them, still love playing, re-playing, occasionally checking out something new, but I have other things in my life that I enjoy and love more, so I don't devote as much time to it as I used to when I was younger. I have however discovered a new love for boardgames, so there is an aspect of gaming which I'm learning to appreciate more and more, at least, so it's not as though I am slowly drifting away from gaming altogether (I can't imagine suddenly not playing at all, but I probably won't get the same intensity and joy out of it as I did when I was a kid and could play all day long, every day), I'm just venturing out a little bit more.

I would also have to vote "no" on that poll. :( I still love gaming, but I don't really get the thrill that I used to get out of it. I don't know why that is, but I don't care about the stories or the characters of the games as much as I used to.

That being said, there are a few games/series out there that I still really enjoy. Zelda (through the '64 age), Okami, DQ series, Pokemon (Kanto and Johto), Fire Emblem series, Kirby, Mario, Sonic, Fable series, Lunar series, and some others. Not a whole lot of new, non-Nintendo games in that list, lol.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
No. I think my best days of gaming are behind me. Life is moving way to fast for me to sit down and actually GAME. While I still enjoy playing games and stuff, it defiantly doesn't taste as sweet as it used too. I used to feel a sense of pride and satisfaction when I beat a game, and granted, I still do, however to a MUCH lesser extent.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Nope. And I betcha can't guess why not.

(psst... any of my previous posts here on the matter speak for themselves.)

Let's just say they're lacking in that certain something. Such as fun, excitement, enjoyment, a sense of satisfaction, entertainment or, ya know ... value.

Heck, in some cases we're lucky if they even function anymore.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I do, but I will admit some, particularly Mario, have gotten really downhill.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nope. Most of my favorite series (read Zelda) have died off. I'm just not too interested in gaming anymore, although I still spend 7 hours a day gaming :cool:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Definitely not.
Not only do I have less and less time to actually game, many games these days don't interest me at all. I'll play a few releases a year, perhaps one or two, but that's usually it.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
As much as I hate to say it, I do not. I just haven't been feeling motivated to play many newer games lately, get bored pretty easy from a lot of them. I still love gaming overall, though.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I said some, My gaming series are dead yes but It gave me a whole heck of a lot more options in video games... So you liked Spyro? Try Crash! Like Crash? Try Kingdom Hearts...Like Kingdom Hearts? Try Zelda and so on. Now a spend most of my time playing video games. Well and watching Les Miserables over and over but I digress. And as I grew up I well am playing very violent games.. But I still spend as much time as I when I was little.

Do I enjoy games as much as I used to? Without a doubt.

Replaying the classics aside, there have been plenty worthwhile titles in recent years like Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Super Mario 3D Land, Halo 4, and Fire Emblem: Awakening. This year is poised to bring another batch of great games especially with the launch of at least one new console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom