• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do We Want Darknuts and Redeads in SS?

N

Naoki86

Redeads bring up some pretty scary memories for me, but I think I want them in SS. :P

I wouldn't mind the sort of Dark Nuts that were in Twilight Princess. However, I would rather see Iron Knuckles, especially given the new combat system. Redeads... I don't really care about.

Z

Zoras Domain

There is only one reason I ever want to see a re-dead, and that is so I can kill it in the hopes that they may never come back. I was five when I first saw a re-dead, and they freaked me out. But anyway, with the new combat system darknuts and iron knuckles would be awesome!

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Yes and I want the Redeads to actually be terrifying. So scary that I want to stop playing. The ones in TP, WW, and OoT weren't scary enough. They need to be creepier.
The Darknuts need to come back too. I think they need to be more intimidating. Harder to beat and faster when they have armor on. They also need to be wandering around like normal enemies.

Last edited:
Ironknuckle should return, but be wayyy harder! In OoT I never got hit my them in OoT just because it was too easy to dodge his one swing, then jump attack him. I even fought both at the same time in Ganondorf's Castle, and there still was no challenge. SS should find a way to make up for how painfully slow they move, maybe add a grapple attack or something to make it challenging.
I'd be really surprised if neither Darknut nor Ironknuckle make appearances in this game, solely because of the 1:1 swordplay aspect. They just have to have at least one of them, or an equivalent for a mini boss battle or something.
I can see them leaving out the ReDeads though, just because I don't see this game as making as much emphasis on the scary/horror aspects the ReDeads have brought into the Zelda series.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I would like to see the OoT style redeads revamped, and same with the iron knuckles. Basically if they just made new versions of those enemies for SS I would be ecstatic! I have a feeling that the roster of enemies in SS will be the biggest in any Zelda game yet, because of the increased capacities of the Wii Dual Layered Discs. I'm sure we will see many classics return, however for these two baddies (or at least the redeads) it's kind of wishful thinking. The redeads were pretty scary... WW redeads were really toned down in scariness in my opinion. I just hope they make them scray again you know? like shadow temple scary!

Redeads = Graveyard (sometimes)
I'd like to see a snowy village graveyard... that would be neat... full of crypts and redeads =)

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Honestly, depends on how awesome they are. I like darknuts enough in TWW but not enough to make me a fan of them. They were great in TP, though - difficult enough, especially in groups, but not too hard to defeat once you figured out their pattern. Even after, though, they still required (for me) patience and more skill than just "rush forward waving the Wii remote around frantically, hoping something lands."

Redeads were actually scarier to me in OoT than TP, I think due to style. I didn't like their appearance in WW, personally, though. I wouldn't mind a return but I was always more partial to the gibdos for some reason, maybe because mummies aren't just skin and bones.

I would prefer both be used sparingly. I would be happiest with a wide variety of enemies. There are probably limits to this due to programming, but running into different kinds of enemies rather than the same ones over and over could really help the difficulty and replay-ability of the games. To my recollection, TP actually did well by the Darknuts and Redeads in this regard, though less so for other enemies (hello, Bulbins.)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I don't know what I want more, a return of the Darknuts or Ironknuckles. The Darknuts were such great fun in TP, two distinct stages that actually allowed me to use sword techniques and no gimmicky items required. They were some of my greatest battle experiences in all of TP, and I'd love to see what kind of action would result with the implementation of 1:1 swordplay. At the same time, the Ironknuckles of OoT were also a highly entertaining experience. Their powerful swings and intimidating appearance, it was quite the joy to fight them even without all the fancy moves available against Darknuts and I'd love to be able to fight those monsters again with more interactive sword movements.

As for redeads, well I'd be lying if I said those things don't freak me out considerably. On the one hand, I hate fighting them. On the other hand, I don't want them to be left out of SS either. I'd especially love to see them in SS's fantastical style; in fact, I'd love to see a horror area in SS's style, an atmosphere not unlike the Shadow Temple, only in the gorgeous watercolor style of SS. Such a setting wouldn't feel right without either redeads or gibdos or something of the like.

What exactly is the difference between IK and DN?
IK is an axe-wielding, armored person, and a DN is a sword-wielding, armored mean, scary dog with red eyes. DNs come in different colors, also.

Anyway, I hated ReDeads more that ANYTHING in the Zelda world. My gosh, they were annoying. The scream was awful, and when I was about eight playing WW, I would scream back at them (being my terrified self :hmm: )

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
YES!
They would be the ultimate showdown enemies. Re-deads would only die if you chop of any limbs that are vital for the to attack and if you chop their head, then they would die instantly. Also, if you stab them, you sword could get stuck in their bodies.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i want them back, and to be scarier. I want the game to drive fear into my soul! TP wasn't dark ENOUGH!!!! the only enimey in the entire series I found threatening was the dead hand, and THAT was a monster, all covered in blood and hidding in the ground. He didn't skip around you and sword fight or grab you and... do something to you (that I will not say to bring back tramas) no dead hand grabbed you and tried to bite your face off. that was brutal. and he appeared TWICE! that was a pleasant suprize but I do have a question - who is the dead hand? Impa said that a man lived on where the well is now and he could see the truth with the lens, so is dead hand the old man? whatever, my point is DEAD HAND should return, because the games need more fear in certian places

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
The Darknuts I don't mind. They were kind of fun to fight. The redeads are a BIG no for me. They scare me...they are just so creepy. They make those weird noises and they basically stalk you if you are within their range. *shivers* They are just plain freaky. So, yes to Darknuts. No to Redeads.

I would love to see darknuts and iron knuckles in SS. They would be great enemies to fight in 1:1 combat. Also I want to see redeads. A new hope I have for the game is that since the overworld looks "happy" and "beautiful" is that there has to be a dark, underground, or "shadow" temple to balance this out. I would like them to take a Oot Style with the redeads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom