• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Descendants of the Seven Sages

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I'd disagree, WW doesn't account for the placement of Gorons in OoT or for the 6 temples being simplified into 2.

What we mean is that WW take place after OoT, not before. When Link leaves Zelda in OoT as adult, then the infamous timesplit happens. Link, as young Link, sets off to search for Navi in MM, while there is no Link present at all in the adult timeline. So we have Hyrule A and Hyrule B, Hyrule A is the one where MM is. WW takes place in Hyrule B. In WW backstory, Ganon had broken free from the seal, and started to attack Hyrule once again. Though, there were no Link present, because Link never existed in the timeline. So when the new Link is born, it also explains why he had to find the Triforce of Courage once again, since this Link is not a descendant from the Link that previously had the Triforce of Courage.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
'

Have you even read the prologue to The Wind Waker?
Let me get this out of the way before I make this post:

I severely dislike your tone. It's as bad as my typos.

I've given you the benefit of the doubt before, however you are acting as though you are some greater intellectual level than everyone else here, unaware of your own self destructive arrogance and ignorance.

You throw the burden of proof on me, not even to prove a point, but as an insult to my intellegence. Further more, you believe you are correct simply because you feel anyone who disagrees with you must not be intellegent. Such an infantile idea is created by a weak, ignorant world view and can only be defended with ad hoc assertions and petty attacks on my(and other users) character and intellegence. Your stance is not only dishonest and dominated with logical fallacies, but it is also inconsistant.

I would suggest for the sake of the discussion and for the public opinion of yourself that you become significantly more intellectually honest. You'll find that it's possible that you may be wrong, but you'll find the answers you want, not just with things so small like Zelda but with any other subject in life.

With that being said, I'll quote the prolouge for you, as it appears in the instruction booklet:
"Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. One day, a man of great evil found this power and took it for himself, and with it at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then... just as all hope had died, a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding a blade that repelled evil, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the hero of time. The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend.

And then a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom, and the great evil once again crept forth from the depths of the earth. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come and save them. But the hero did not appear...

What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind's breath.

On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down. The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend..."

Where is there any mention of the sages in that? Where is there any mention of Gorons being displaced in that? Where is there any mention of temples being destroyed and replaced, or the sages dying off?

You are on the lookout for something that simply does not exist when you challenge me with that reference. So I will shoot it back at you:

It makes more sense if the games are just using similar storylines with similar characters and similar plots and there is no true beginning or end. It's easier to believe than diagrams showing 3rd and 4th planes or reality, it's simpler, and due to that it is the most appealing explanation.

How about the whole tibit of the Gods flooding Hyule when Ganon returned and the hero of time didn't show?

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
How about the whole tibit of the Gods flooding Hyule when Ganon returned and the hero of time didn't show?

How did that turn 6 temples into 2, and how would the Goron sages have survived? How did that make 7 sages from other games mean nothing? Why wasn't Tetra a sage?

Why can you not account for any of these questions?

There are too many different "reality planes" for your theory to hold weight rationally, even for a fantasy game.

6 temples into 2...are you serious? Those are two completely different and new temples. Might as well ask why there are new temples in Adventure of Link or why is there new dungeons in ALttP. Wind Temple...Earth Temple...brand new. Hyrule is flooded, everything of the past is underwater in TWW. You have to realize that ALOT happened between OoT and TWW.

Theres only one Goron sage, he was known as Darunia. Play TP and ALttP if you're confused about the sages.

Z

zeldafan999

hey i just thought of this will reading this thread and im sorry if im a little of topic but still it has to be answered if all the sages in ocarina are desendents but kokiri kids never age so could saria be one of the original sages but she said "i didn't want to be a sage at first but now i am happy because i can help you" or did the deku tree decide to get a new forest sage and chose saria out of no were or what do you think i once again i am sorry if i got of topic:(:(:(>.<

Hmm, well I don't know who the original forest sage was, but I'd guess that Saria was just a Kokiri chosen by the gods to become the forest sage.

Oh, and Inflexus, I'd agree that most the games aren't connected by a timeline. I think that the games, like the title of them says, are basically just legends, old stories passed down by generations, and they may have been changed ever so slightly with each retelling. Also, if the games are connected, the way 6 temples could turn into 2, is that the original 6 were destroyed in the flood, and the people built knew ones and the gods chose new sages for the temples. Maybe they only needed 2 sages as Ganondorf wasn't around.

The original sages are:
Saria
Darunia
Ruto
Impa
Nabooru
Rauru
Zelda

Two new sages in TWW:
Earth Sage
Wind Sage

The two new ones in TWW are unrelated to the ones in OoT.

Also, this proves the connection between OoT and TWW, incase you're still fapping over how awesome you think you are Inflexus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctmjouP94I

It's the portraits of the seven sages from OoT in the Master Sword chamber of TWW.

To add onto what's been said before, the Earth Temple and Wind Temple are completely new temples, and unrelated to the temples in OoT in every way. Was there an Earth Temple or Wind Temple in OoT? Nope. And if you say "Well, they're just reformed versions of the OoT temples", that sir, is also incorrect. You seem to have forgotten the fact that the gods flooded Hyrule in the events between OoT and TWW, thus making everything in Hyrule under a vast ocean. This includes all the temples. Some of the landmarks are there, such as Death Mountain (Dragonroost Island), because well, when Hyrule was flooded everybody fled to the tops of the mountains. And as said in TWW prologue, everybody forgot about the Kingdom of Hyrule over time, and it eventually became a legend... thus explaining why everything is referred to as Islands.
100 years took place between OoT and TWW, and if you've beaten TWW then you would know that the Master Sword had lost it's power, and could only be recharged by the two new sages... meaning that sometime down the line two new temples were created (Earth and Wind) and housed the two new sages (Earth and Wind) to charge up the Master Sword when the need arised.

Inflexus said:
How did that turn 6 temples into 2
See above.

Inflexus said:
and how would the Goron sages have survived?
There is only one Goron sage, dude. His name is Darunia. BTW, all the Gorons survived the flood, too. If I recall correctly, Gorons became nomadic merchants.

Inflexus said:
How did that make 7 sages from other games mean nothing?
wat

Inflexus said:
Why wasn't Tetra a sage?
Because she's merely a far off descendant of the OoT Zelda?

tl;dr?

Last edited:

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Did any of you ever notice in WW that the Deku Tree and the sage Fado are from OoT? The d
Deku Tree mentions that the little people things used to disguised themselves as humans and call themselves Kokiris? And also, Fado was a Kokiri in OoT. Just wanted to throw that fact out there.

Octo Rocked

Dr. Octorokapus BLAAAAAH!
Its the different races of Hyrule, they dont have to be hylian to be a sage. Plus you all recall Princess Ruto wanting to marry Link...What a black man cant date a white woman?

There's a huge difference there. You're essentially saying "people of different races can interbreed." This is a very good point...but only when you consider the Gerudo (who, it is stated in-game, actually do kidnap Hylian men to reproduce) or perhaps Kokiri (who are...well, are esentially children in form, and (don't quote me on this) children lack the physical maturity to reproduce). However, for that argument to be valid here, you'd have to say "what, can't humans and fish mate?" or "hey, humans could totally have children who are part rock!" Sure, they could theoretically develop a romantic relationship, but they're too biologically different to be able to reproduce. After all, Zoras lay eggs. Would a human child hatch from one of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom