• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Descendants of the Seven Sages

Does anyone else wonder about this? I find it a little odd that a Zora and a Goron both have human descendants. I would assume that Impa's descendant was Zelda's handmaiden, but that's all I can surmise for now.

Wow. I used the word "surmise"!:D

Its the different races of Hyrule, they dont have to be hylian to be a sage. Plus you all recall Princess Ruto wanting to marry Link...What a black man cant date a white woman? Plus the fact....Its a Hyrule Fantasy for a reason. LoZ was originally called The Legend of Zelda - The Hyrule Fantasy. Its a fantasy game, doesnt have to make complete sense.

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
"Refuting 3: Where Do Babies Come From?

How do you get seven apparently human descendants from a group of five more-or-less-humans, a rock-man, and a fish-woman? Frankly, I don’t think anybody knows. Does that make the idea any less plausible in a fantasy setting? Absolutely not!

The Zelda series is full of examples of descendants springing from creatures that are not of their species. The Kokiri originally take on human forms, but are known as the children of the Great Deku Tree, and later take on the forms of the tree-like Koroks. The Zoras are a blend between humans and fish, and later evolve into the Rito, a bird-like race. Phantom Hourglass follows this vein in taking the Postman seen in Twilight Princess and The Minish Cap and giving him wings. With these precedents in place, it seems there is an abundance of instances in which racial barriers are oversighted within the series, and I see no reason why there should not be another in this case." - Lex, here

The main reason behind most theories is this.

Nintendo rehashes old aspects into newer games, especially when it comes to the Zelda series.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
not to be rude or something but i think this topic is not nessecary.
i mean we got theory topics based on each race with more details.

and about the rito.
i already opend a very detailed topic about that.
and don 't think they evolve because they blend with humans.
if you pay good attention in the game, before hyrule flooded, most of them took refuge in the mountains. thats why you enter the temple's above sea level. if you think about it its pretty simple.

sheikans and gerudo 's i would not call them a race but rather a tribe.

The Gerudo is both a race and tribe. Explain the whole one male being born every hundred years. See, the Rito only evolved from the Zora in one timeline, the other timeline, it's still Zora, that being the TP and ALttP timeline. If not, then Im clueless on how we have zora in ALttP and LoZ.

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
being the TP and ALttP timeline.
except that the Zoras of ALttP are completely different then those of TP.
If not, then Im clueless on how we have zora in ALttP and LoZ.
The green zoras are shown to exist in PH. Nothing says that every Zora became a Rito, and this seems to confirm that there was another offshoot (if not an entirely separate species).

Its the different races of Hyrule, they dont have to be hylian to be a sage. Plus you all recall Princess Ruto wanting to marry Link...What a black man cant date a white woman? Plus the fact....Its a Hyrule Fantasy for a reason. LoZ was originally called The Legend of Zelda - The Hyrule Fantasy. Its a fantasy game, doesnt have to make complete sense.
Do you want to change your name to "ruineveryonesfun"? It's a legitimate question! I'm currious as to how a Goron and a Zora had human decendants.

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
If Zoras can become Rito, I'm sure they can interbreed to produce human children as well.

Also, as a side note, the Maidens of FSA were able to change shape, so its possible that at some point along the line the multi-raced Sages took on human shapes.

I have recently thought of the idea that the 'awakend sages' in OoT could possibly be mere avatars that were awakend to alow the sages to combine their powers with Link and defeat ganondorf. just an idea.

Do the sages have to be direct descendants of the original ones? couldn't the sage pass on his/her power to another person of any species? Just a thought, but I think it would make sense that a sage could take on an apprentice that wasn't thier child.

L

LinkDescendant

"Do the sages have to be direct descendants of the original ones? couldn't the sage pass on his/her power to another person of any species? Just a thought, but I think it would make sense that a sage could take on an apprentice that wasn't thier child." This is my opinion on the whole Sage Descendant thing. I think it makes the most sense and it..well it makes sense lol.

But if you insist, regarding the Zora's into Rito thing. there are Zora in both Termina and Hyrule so there is a possibility that only the ones in Hyrule became Rito while the Termina stayed as Zora. Oh and imo WW was just a game to make money. It messes with the other story lines so much.. the only thing it goes with is the PH story...

According to that theory of just making money, then every game, esp OoT was just in it for the money.

L

LinkDescendant

According to that theory of just making money, then every game, esp OoT was just in it for the money.
-_- Well technically they all were, but WW it seems like they didn't even try to tie it together with the other stories. They just thought the fact that flooding Hyrule would be a cool new experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom