• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bleach.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Well, I thought that Bleach deserved its own thread in the Entertainment section, seeing as it is very good entertainment. It's one of the best Manga/Anime series ever in my opinion and I wanted to hear other peoples views on it such as;

-Whether you like the series?
-Your favourite characters?
-Your views on particular plots or events?
-Anything to do with bleach!

Be creative! :)

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Wow... you know I am surprised that there wasn't a thread for Bleach already. I've been keeping up with the latest chapters, and read the early ones. But there is a big hole in the middle of the story for me. Which I find quite funny, I am waiting for the dub to catch up, by the rate that it's being translated though I should just read the manga... I love the series, and I think my favorite characters are Orihime, Chad, Kenpachi, Yachiru, Shinji, Hiyori, Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Stark and Nel.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenpachi_Zaraki

linkman8

True and Noble
Typically I'd say that this should just be part of the "Anime" thread, but I suppose if you feel it's necessary to have a thread about Bleach on its own, then I guess it's fine.

I'm a titanic Bleach fan. You might notice this from the majority of my avatars (I don't have one right now, but they're usually Bleach related). My love of Bleach has gone so far as to me memorizing most of the lore. I even explained the entire evolutionary cycle of Hollows... to a fellow Bleach fan! :xd:

One thing I like about it is that there's a significant presence of monstrous characters (the Hollows), and that there's a darker aspect to the main character, in that Ichigo has a Hollow side. Actually, this series, thanks to the Arrancar, was partially the reason I've come to love Spanish themes in general. :3

For the record, I don't know if anyone here is up to date on the current events of the manga in Japan, but my theory that I've had ever since Ichigo did his super-werewolf-chuck-norris-hollow-form thing against Ulquiorra was totally proven correct in the last chapter or so. I thought that Ichigo may have broken the barrier between Hollow and Soul Reaper down himself (that's the job the Hokyoku is supposed to do), since he seems like a more perfect fusion of the two; a Zanpato, Hollow Hole, uses Sonido and Cero, etc. Since Aizen has taken on an almost identical form due to being fused to the Hokyoku, I think that practically settles it.

As for characters, I actually like a lot of the characters in Bleach... Most of them even. My favorite is definitely Shinji Hirako, though, as he's one of my favorite characters in any anime. Other favorites are Ichigo himself, Chad, Kenpachi, Yachiru, Ikaku, Byakuya, Kieske, Don Kanonji, Gin, Nel, and most of the other Arrancar. I have other characters I like though. ^^

Z

ZZhobbit

Well I'm waiting to see how he fairs against his super crazy inner Hollow in trying to get the final Getsuga Tenshou blast, and I honestly thought young Zangetsu was a chick...honestly and his inner Hollow better make multiple King references, oh and who will save Tatsuki??? but yeah awesome show and manga :D

Austin

Austin
Some spoilers within, by the way. Read at your own risk.

My past three avatars have all been Bleach related, so it shouldn't be too far of a guess to assume that I'm a fairly large fan of the series ;) Although it's based off a pretty common formula (main character who nobody understands and has an impossibly large power locked inside him), they've still managed to do some pretty creative things with it. My favorite aspect of the series has to be the character development. Kubo's created a world where there is infinite amount of outlets to explore each character, from the way the react to others right down to the weapons they use (or rather, how they use them). I've spent hours talking about the series with Bleach fans and even coming up with different types of shikais and bankais for fun :D.

My favorite character is probably a tie between Byakuya and Gin. Byakuya because he's so incredibly badass, and not in a typical way. Even though his attacks are usually done with flower petals, he still intimidates the hell out of anyone he comes across. Case in point, his fight with Zommari (OMG SPOILERZ) where his leg had been taken over by the enemy. He slashed his own leg open without a second thought, and still held that Zommari didn't stand any chance against him. And really, who doesn't like Gin? He's creepy as hell but in an awesome way. Plus, if you're bored, you can always try and see how many innuendos you can come up with using his sword.

My personal insane theory right now is that the transformation Axle brought up (the crazy jedi hollow with devil horns) is actually Ichigo's resurrección, seeing how Tosen was also capable of one, despite being a Vizard and not an Arrancar. But, I don't have any real proof, other than the fact that his inner hollow took a similar form in the latest chapter of the manga.

The only complaint I have about the series is Kubo's utter refusal to kill any good main characters off. I mean, Yamamoto seems pretty dead, considering how he used a self-sacrificial spell against Aizen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out of it alive somehow. I really hope that at some point Kubo gets over his fear and does someone in, no matter how many fans get pissed off. But, yeah. Awesome series, and an awesome thread.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
My personal insane theory right now is that the transformation Axle brought up (the crazy jedi hollow with devil horns) is actually Ichigo's resurrección, seeing how Tosen was also capable of one, despite being a Vizard and not an Arrancar. But, I don't have any real proof, other than the fact that his inner hollow took a similar form in the latest chapter of the manga.

The only complaint I have about the series is Kubo's utter refusal to kill any good main characters off. I mean, Yamamoto seems pretty dead, considering how he used a self-sacrificial spell against Aizen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came out of it alive somehow. I really hope that at some point Kubo gets over his fear and does someone in, no matter how many fans get pissed off. But, yeah. Awesome series, and an awesome thread.

Yeah, I feel the same way about his resurrección into this form. I mean this "thing" was able to take out Ulquiorra´s unique second stage Arancar resurrección in one hit... that is surely a force to be reconed with! Although, in the last manga Aizen spoke out about how he wanted to help complete Ichigo´s resurrección, almost as if he feels him to be no threat to his own newly acquired power, I seriously hope that the 3 months is enough to give Ichigo the huge surge in power he is going to need.

Your point about main characters dying is a fair point and I feel the same way. It always seems that the antagonists are the ones who die and the protaganists always manage to survive even the most death-defying injuries! Takes away from the emotion behind the series if you know that none of the main characters will ever die. This is probably my only real drawback from the series as a whole though.

H

Hammer Bro. Mike

I'm a bit of a Bleach fan myself. I started watching the anime sometime late last year and finally caught up with the current episodes in Fake Karakura Town a couple weeks ago. I really love the feel of the atmosphere in Bleach because it's something I've never gotten into before with other anime. I started looking into the manga recently and Aizen seems like a bit of a creeper in some ways but the thing that questions me is if Gin would be given any Arrancar powers like Kaname.

My Top 3 favorite characters are probably Ichigo, Orihime and Rukia. I just love the way those characters were developed and how they play a role in helping Ichigo saving his friends, family, town and possibly his allies by getting stronger. With an anime like Dragon Ball Z, there really isn't too much character development even though that anime/manga is mainly based on fighting while the prequel and sequel seem to focus on story more. Bleach just seems more fluent and easy to get into. Others I like are Yoruichi, Urahara, Soifon, Shinji, Ikkaku, Chad, Uyru, Renji, Byakuya, Kenpachi, Rangiku, Izuru, Nel, Ulquiorra, Unohana, Grimmjow, Gin, Aizen and some others too.

Zanpaktou-wise, my favorites would probably be Zangetsu and Wabisuke. I really like the effectiveness of Wabisuke and its shape as well. The idea of doubling the weight for each cut is an interesting feature and if Izuru could had his own Bankai, it could really be devastating. When I first saw Ichigo use Getsuga Tensho with Zangetsu, it reminded me of the sword beams you can use in Zelda. I don't know why but it just came to mind when I first saw it. I also like Byakuya's Senbonzakura, Renji's Zabimaru, Soifon's Suzumebachi and Toshiro's Hyorinmaru.

One thing I like about it is that there's a significant presence of monstrous characters (the Hollows), and that there's a darker aspect to the main character, in that Ichigo has a Hollow side. Actually, this series, thanks to the Arrancar, was partially the reason I've come to love Spanish themes in general. :3
I felt the same about that as well. I really loved the "La Distancia Para un Duelo" and "Escalon" tunes the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom