• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 3: Link's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Negative sir.
I have a vote on the first one (the second vote, in fact; you have the first one), but the only names on the second are: Zelda_8, FirevsIce, GoronLink, Celeboy, and goomboo. And to be fair I never voted against tecknokid, but you did (as I've pointed out several times earlier).

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Okay, looked back at the thread, most notably the vote history of those who voted on the bandwagons. Goron Link, Celeboy, and goomboo are the only ones who have a vote on both bandwaggons.

I don't feel like looking back at the thread now but I'm sure there were others. Komali comes to mind. I'm pretty sure Fire vs. Ice is the most inactive player because I read older post and saw FVI and forgot he was in the game. He has like 5 post and voted for technokid.

First, Celeboy; he encourages us to pursue the lurkers, which would of course assure attention remains off of him since he wasn't lurking. (And as we've already seen with both Meego and Zelda_8, scum players can be active(ish?) players.) Then he defends himself as soon as he gets any attention, though the person pointing him out was Meego, so that could go either way, but she keeps pressing and he starts overreacting. Then he continues this as he openly tries to force a bandwagon against Elfen. He then gets called out on it with a vote, and overreacts to this, twice. Then when the votes are reset he's all too eager to jump on the bandwagon without ever having posted his suspicions against jedizora. He then (much like Zenox (no, I haven't forgotten about you)) claims not to believe tecknokid's claim. Then, as soon as I start to recognize evidence against Zenox, he immediately tries to start a bandwagon, again. And he attacks goomboo for claiming because he wasn't asked to claim. But after all that he does seem to be offline most of the time (like if you look at his profile, he's not even logging on most days), and his posts seem consistent with his online time if, instead of reading what he missed, he just reads the most recent page and bases his evidence off of that. IGMEOY, Celeboy, though if it's the not-very-active thing, you need to read everything and make more informed posts.

Then, we have Goron Link; He shows a refusal to change his vote for the sole purpose of not changing votes. And more than once. Though as soon as the votes are reset he's all to eager to jump on the jedizora bandwagon. He claims to base this off of others' evidence, but earlier in the thread he labeled that as a scum tactic. Then he's super-excited when we get a lynch. He later uses the same tactic of using other peoples' evidence, and later again acts like he can't change a vote. After all of that, though, this is his first game and he makes tons of "not quite sure how to play Mafia" mistakes more than scum mistakes. Don't really think he's scum as much someone who hasn't learned to form his own opinions.

Finally, last of the three is goomboo, whom I had voted for but forgot about once my post about Zenox became the center of conversation.
Renewing my information from my first post suspicious of him, he targets tecknokid with very little reasoning for the same thing; targeting people with very little reasoning. Very hypocritical. But this was only after he does the same thing against jedizora.
Then he only pops back in the thread to defend himself when he wasn't even targeted in the first place, and again, and again. What's the purpose of repeatedly defending yourself when you were never in need of defending yourself in the first place?

He later popped in today to cast more vague suspicions that have already been said before and demand a claim. He then IGMEOY'd both Goron Link and Zenox without any reasoning, and then claims to have provided his evidence after having two votes on himself and also claims without provocation or necessity. And according to the ZeldaWiki page on Syrup, she seems more like a character who would have a role such as Flavor Cop (though there are other possibilities), and I seriously doubt that we have so many Vanilla Townies in this game. We need some power roles in this game or else the mafia is basically guaranteed a win.
Finally, he voted for Zenox because he was suspicious of both him and Goron Link, and Goron Link claimed so his vote went to Zenox, yet Zenox's claim did nothing to affect the vote. And in his most recent post he attacks Celeboy for pointing out the inconsistencies (is that the right word?) in his claim.

His posts seem the most suspicious since day one; basically no scumhunting, attacking people for things he does himself, and being completely overly defensive. All of these are huge scum tells, and although I have other suspicions, I'm going to renew my
VOTE: goomboo

tl;dr: I'm suspicious of a lot of people and I'm not going to post a comprehensive scum list, but right now I'm leaning towards goomboo, with secondaries on Goron Link and Celeboy.

Very good analysis. This post really says alot and I can tell it took you a long time because of all those links. Obviously I'm suspicious of goomboo since he has my vote. Obviously I'm suspicious of Goron Link since he had my vote on the last mafia day. Celeboy has been playing differently than last game where he was townie and the thing of voting for himself didn't help his case or prove anything. Tomorrow these two will be the top of the scum list.

(curiously enough, it's Green Goron and Zenox, who I've pegged as working together, though I'm choosing to trust Zenox's claim for now),

Funny thing is that until my vote no one paid any attention to goomboo. The other funny thing is that Zenox voted for the same person as me and so did you:P

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
EBWODP: Here's some proof for you:
Final Vote Tally for Day 1:

jedizora (10) - Zenox, Justeazy, Goron Link, Komali, Josie, goomboo, tecknokid900, Go_Dark_Link, Celeboy, Meego7
Celeboy (1) - Raindrop14

Final Post Tally for Day 2:
Goron Link (4) - green goron, tecknokid900, Gonzo, Zenox
Raindrop14 (1) - Meego7
Celeboy (1) - Raindrop14
Zenox (1) - Komali, Justeazy
tecknokid900 (5) - Zelda_8, FirevsIce, Goron Link, Celeboy, goomboo
Day 1 You voted bandwagon first, I followed and so did others, and townie got lynched. Day 2 I voted you, you voted Goronlink, and only those five voted tecknokid. The only three names that match up between the two bandwagons are those I have previously stated: Goron Link, Celeboy, goomboo.

I get it you have have a personal grudge against me because I call you out when you mess up, but do your research before you accuse me.

EBWODP: I have never accused you without evidence yet you continue to do it to me.
You still haven't provided any suspicions or evidence for that vote against me you did. And considering I'm the one doing the most scumhunting for the town I don't think it'd be good to lynch me just yet. If you want to kill me, go ahead, but it won't be the best thing to keep the town surviving in this game, I guarantee it.

EBWODP (again?)
I don't feel like looking back at the thread now but I'm sure there were others. Komali comes to mind. I'm pretty sure Fire vs. Ice is the most inactive player because I read older post and saw FVI and forgot he was in the game. He has like 5 post and voted for technokid.

Funny thing is that until my vote no one paid any attention to goomboo. The other funny thing is that Zenox voted for the same person as me and so did you:P
Actually, there are not. The second bandwagon was kind of a toss-up after tecknokid's claim, and there were very little votes on it. See above for actual numbers.

And I had payed attention to goomboo, just didn't feel the need to point anything out until you hit on something I hadn't got to yet. And yes, I did vote for him too, but the things is that (initially) I removed my vote after his claim, whereas you two didn't.

And considering I'm the one doing the most scumhunting for the town I don't think it'd be good to lynch me just yet. If you want to kill me, go ahead, but it won't be the best thing to keep the town surviving in this game, I guarantee it.

Huge scum tell in my eyes, "don't kill me, it won't be good for the town". You only appear to be doing more scumhunting, but that does not mean you are pro town. This statement seems odd because you are not near a lynch, and only a few have decided to question your status.

I am conviced that you are scum, and its not good to have you leading us on who to lynch, especially since those who you had in your analysis have proven to be town more than others in the game. I found it odd too when you all of the sudden decided to drop your vote for Zenox and stopped your attacks against him since it wasn't going anywhere. You are pretty much going after people to get them to claim, and once they claim and show they are just a townie with out a power roll you bak off and leave them alone, it seems to me like you are fishing for power rolls.

And considering I'm the one doing the most scumhunting for the town I don't think it'd be good to lynch me just yet. If you want to kill me, go ahead, but it won't be the best thing to keep the town surviving in this game, I guarantee it.

Huge scum tell in my eyes, "don't kill me, it won't be good for the town". You only appear to be doing more scumhunting, but that does not mean you are pro town. This statement seems odd because you are not near a lynch, and only a few have decided to question your status.

I am conviced that you are scum, and its not good to have you leading us on who to lynch, especially since those who you had in your analysis have proven to be town more than others in the game. I found it odd too when you all of the sudden decided to drop your vote for Zenox and stopped your attacks against him since it wasn't going anywhere. You are pretty much going after people to get them to claim, and once they claim and show they are just a townie with out a power roll you bak off and leave them alone, it seems to me like you are fishing for power rolls.

EBWODP
I believe that fake claims are the cause here and we cannot automatically slap a "town" or "scum" sticker on someone for a claim. Especially given the fact that there's many vanillas. Scum can easily attack vanilla to their fake claim and avoid suspicion. The only ones who are really town-sided are those who claim a name and a power role, in which case they're only safe if nobody counter-claims their power role, but not necessarily town because they could always call a role the town doesn't have.
This I first overlooked the couple times I read it, but now its starting to make sense. He states that in order to be safe and proven town, we need to name claim and have a power roll, it appears this is where he first starts his fishing for power rolls.

Dammit, looks like I'm going to get it if I don't do this.

I'm Richard (Zelda Wiki), Prince of Koholint Island.
After many of attacks against Zenox he finally got people to start voting against him and Zenox name claimed. He didn't say he had a power roll, and Justeazy continued to push against him for a few more posts. But then.....
Yeah, well it's not automatically assumed for this game. lol
I would encourage you to do so because I'd hate to see you get modkilled for a stupid reason.
Anyway, that is an explaination for me, and with that, I will
unvote: Zenox, though
IGMEOY Zenox
He says thats a good enough explanation, but that is only after Zenox explains why he doesn't put an "ebwodp" on his posts. So it sounds like Justeazy is saying that his explanation on the double posting is a good enough reason to unvote. Really it just sounds like he wasn't able to get a power roll out of Zenox and finally decided to drop it.

Last edited:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Its almost as if you pointing out my "apparently suspicious" roleclaim to take people off your trail. I remember at the beggining of the game where you said about your conclusion of: five mafia and the evil dudes. This makes me suspicious as the mafia can see the rest of their fellow Mafia so it seems to me like Celeboy has tried to tell us how many mafia there are without making him seem like he knows the exact amount. I'm sorry about my lack of evidence but I'm just genuinly rubbish at nit-picking out all the important details :'(

*sigh* How many times do I have to say it? It was just a random number that I pulled out of thin air! And if I was mafia, would I want to say how many there were? And HoM said how many there were at the beginning... I think.
TheGreen, I think we've established that voting without evidence is more scummy than trying to find the scum....

Okay, looked back at the thread, most notably the vote history of those who voted on the bandwagons.
Goron Link, Celeboy, and goomboo are the only ones who have a vote on both bandwaggons.

First, Celeboy; he encourages us to pursue the lurkers, which would of course assure attention remains off of him since he wasn't lurking. (And as we've already seen with both Meego and Zelda_8, scum players can be active(ish?) players.) Then he defends himself as soon as he gets any attention, though the person pointing him out was Meego, so that could go either way, but she keeps pressing and he starts overreacting. Then he continues this as he openly tries to force a bandwagon against Elfen. He then gets called out on it with a vote, and overreacts to this, twice. Then when the votes are reset he's all too eager to jump on the bandwagon without ever having posted his suspicions against jedizora. He then (much like Zenox (no, I haven't forgotten about you)) claims not to believe tecknokid's claim. Then, as soon as I start to recognize evidence against Zenox, he immediately tries to start a bandwagon, again. And he attacks goomboo for claiming because he wasn't asked to claim. But after all that he does seem to be offline most of the time (like if you look at his profile, he's not even logging on most days), and his posts seem consistent with his online time if, instead of reading what he missed, he just reads the most recent page and bases his evidence off of that. IGMEOY, Celeboy, though if it's the not-very-active thing, you need to read everything and make more informed posts.

First, I wasn't attacking Goomboo (at least I don't think I was) I was just wondering why he roleclaimed so early. Second, I'm only inactive when you're on because I live in England and most of you guys live in America. Third, I didn't believe Technokids claim, but as I stated, I wasn't on when he showed his colour, because when he was lynched, and I came on to see what had happened, I saw the colour and it was the same as mine! I'm sorry that when I'm waking up you're going to bed and I miss all the important discussion.

EBWODP: I read all the stuff I miss and I can't be online every day. It's the half term and I went to see some friends and family, but I do try to be on as much as possible.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Well, I was really banking on his vote for be because of a personal vendetta. He has provided zero evidence towards my scum and only voted on me when you voted on me, trying to start a pointless bandwagon. You provided evidence with your vote, and as such I didn't claim it otherwise. I was basically saying "it's not good to put your personal feelings in the way of the goal" and I also said "kill me" instead of "lynch me" for a reason, basically daring him to NK me if I don't get lynched, though thanks for making me point that out.
Well that's what you think. I am, more or less, leading the town, but if you look back at all the post history and post date/times, there are plenty of other times when other people post evidence and I say I agree/disagree, but post my own evidence. It's not my fault that people seem to be following my lead, though I believe it has something to do with the fact this is BM and I have more experience in the game being much more active than it is here (if you look at my post in the sign up thread, I say I've played many of these types of games but never played one online before; real life games are much more fast-paced than this, thus my style much more closely matches those kinds). I do believe it is bad that I alone seem to be "leading the town" but until more people step up and start providing their own evidence instead of mainly me, I believe that's the way it's going to stay. This post is a good example of that because, although I do not wish to be lynched, your reasoning is sound and I'm not questioning that.

As far as the "dropping once they claim as not a power role", this doesn't match up for three reasons. 1: I never pushed against tecknokid (that was largely Zenox, as I have said), 2: Zenox doesn't claim a role, just a name, and I drop it, and 3: before you ever posted this I switched back to goomboo for scummy reasons, although his claim was vanilla.

After many of attacks against Zenox he finally got people to start voting against him and Zenox name claimed. He didn't say he had a power roll, and Justeazy continued to push against him for a few more posts. But then.....

He says thats a good enough explanation, but that is only after Zenox explains why he doesn't put an "ebwodp" on his posts. So it sounds like Justeazy is saying that his explanation on the double posting is a good enough reason to unvote. Really it just sounds like he wasn't able to get a power roll out of Zenox and finally decided to drop it.
Firstly, there wasn't "many attacks". I posted once attacking him with a breakdown of his recent activity and immediately two other people voted for him afterwards (this goes back to leading the town, but too many people are voting with little/no evidence and not doing their own scumhunting so we can't follow that).
Also, I was wanting an explanation of that edit from the moment he claimed, but I forgot to put it in my follow-up post as I was distracted by that crazy "defend my fake claim before you can attack it" tactic. Though you can choose to believe that at your discretion.
And lastly, I never forgot about Zenox or dropped it. In each of my real posts after that point I've mentioned him and his scumminess, I've just shifted my focus as I'm choosing to believe his claim. I believe he did the same thing after he chose to believe tecknokid's claim.

summary: If you don't want me leading the town, step up and do it yourself, because with this many people being inactive(ish) and just following bandwagons it can't be very well balanced. You seem to be doing a good job in that post, though obviously I'm going to defend myself where you're wrong.
First, I wasn't attacking Goomboo (at least I don't think I was) I was just wondering why he roleclaimed so early. Second, I'm only inactive when you're on because I live in England and most of you guys live in America. Third, I didn't believe Technokids claim, but as I stated, I wasn't on when he showed his colour, because when he was lynched, and I came on to see what had happened, I saw the colour and it was the same as mine! I'm sorry that when I'm waking up you're going to bed and I miss all the important discussion.
I didn't say anything about your unusual online times, I said that most days you're not online at all (regardless of your time zone, if you'd have been online in the last 24 hours it'll show up), and you have explained your time-zone difficulties earlier in the thread and it would not be right to accuse you for such. In fact, I specifically say your "posts seem consistent with your online time". That's more defending your post history than attacking it. The attack on goomboo could have been misinterpreted because of the translation of emphasis over the internet, though using your time zone as an excuse for your vote on tecknokid doesn't hold water because of the fact that you didn't vote him until after his claim and since he claimed over 24 hours before the end of the day you had plenty of time to post regardless of your timezone.

I don't find it safe for one person to lead the town, that has bad idea all over it with an almost guarantee mafia victory. I do agree that this thread is full of too many inactives, and we need everyone in here contributing. I forget that we still have a good number of people in this game because there is only like five people discussing.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I don't find it safe for one person to lead the town, that has bad idea all over it with an almost guarantee mafia victory. I do agree that this thread is full of too many inactives, and we need everyone in here contributing. I forget that we still have a good number of people in this game because there is only like five people discussing.

I agree with this and the sad thing is that most of the day was filled up with Justeazy, Zenox, and me fighting but I think both of them are townie regardless if they're against me(Justeazy:P) or not. I do agree with Justeazy that goomboo, Goron Link, and Celeboy are pretty suspicious and they have evidence against them that only Celeboy has made an attempt to counter but different timezones aren't an excuse. I advise the cop to investigate one of them and try to tell us through your post without revealing your role.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
summary: If you don't want me leading the town, step up and do it yourself, because with this many people being inactive(ish) and just following bandwagons it can't be very well balanced. You seem to be doing a good job in that post, though obviously I'm going to defend myself where you're wrong.

I don't think anyone should be leading the town. If someone leads the town then we will most likely get nowhere. We should be able to make our own suspicions and not need anyone to lead us otherwise were just going to probably end up lynching townies.

David

But you called me here...
Day 3 FINAL Vote Tally:

goomboo (2) - green goron, Justeazy
Justeazy (3) - Gonzo, Zenox, TheGreen
Zenox (2) - Komali, goomboo
kokirion (1) - Raindrop14

Not Voting - kokirion, FirevsIce, Goron Link, Celeboy

-------------------------------

"Oh, looks like the day is up guys. Who has the most votes? Justeazy, is that right?" You all nod. "Well, lets get this over with."

As the Hero approaches Justeazy, the town notices that he is twitching anxiously. "Are you alright, son? Afraid of Death or something?" the Hero asks.

Suddenly, after looking at the Hero with a strange look on his face, Justeazy transforms into a giant shadow beast. "Oh no! He's a Nightmare!!! In fact, I think that he's THE Nightmare, the leader of all Nightmares (The Godfather)!" Shouts the Hero. "Hurry town, give me a hand. Distract him while I go for the kill!"

After several minutes of struggling and fighting, the Hero, getting up from an attack that knocked him to the ground, pulls out a particular mask that no one has ever seen before. The Hero transforms into what looks like a black and greenish version of himself, a Fierce Deity. Super charged, he begins slashing with his super-charged sword, striking down the Nightmare in the heart, killing him.

The Hero returns to the town, taking his mask off. "Well, it looks like we managed to take down the leader of the Nightmares. Well done guys! Looks like there's hope for the town yet! Lets go get some sleep, we'll finish where we left off in the morning, 'kay? Good night all, sleep well because we had a victory today!"

You all return to bed, anxious to continue the streak in the morning.

Night 3 Has Begun!
Please get your role PMs to me ASAP. Otherwise, the day will begin on Saturday, June 4th at about 8:00 Central.

David

But you called me here...
-----------------

As the town wakes up, you notice a large struggle happening between the Hero and a particular person. That person was FirevsIce. But something was wrong, FirevsIce was putting up a fight. The Hero was throwing spells and hits left and right, but FirevsIce was avoiding all of them. Then the Hero was knocked down by FirevsIce, unable to continue battling. Someone in the crowd, Komali, jumped up, and began to challenge FirevsIce, fighting him with what he had. He had a mysterious sword and a strange aura around him.

As Komali continued fighting, someone else, TheGreen ran to the Hero's side, aiding his wounds, helping him get better and able to fight. Another person, Gonzo, spoke up, assuring the rest of the town that FirevsIce was not on their side, and that he was in fact scum. Anxious to fight, the rest of the town began to help Komali and the Hero defeat FirevsIce. After a glorious struggle full of hatred, FirevsIce was finally hit, being knocked to the ground. The Hero and Komali shared in the final blow, killing him. The Hero whipped out his Ocarina, and played those same mysterious notes that the town had heard several times before, almost humming along. Standing next to him was a statue of Facade (a Mafia goon).

"Well, it looks like we were able to get the last Nightmare. He was so suspicious to me, being silent and all for the last day, that I decided to confront him. He turned on me, so we fought. But, that is all in the past. We found all of the Nightmares living among us! The Island is now a safe place to be again. Oh! I forgot about these! Komali, or Link, as I should say, could you give me a hand with these?"

Komali nods. All of a sudden, you see mysterious instruments arising out of the Hero's pockets. "Found these in some mysterious dungeons here on the island. Lets play them together." Beautiful music begins to come out of the instruments, awakening all of the dead town members, who then join the rest of the town. Also, you notice that the giant egg on the top of the island has hatched, and standing in the crowd was Djinn, fully awakened, ready to use his powers.

"I am the Windfish, in case you didn't know. Thank you for all that you have done. Hero of Music and Link, please accept my gratitude for all that you have done. We couldn't have done this without your help!" says the Windfish.

"Well, it looks like I best be leaving," says the Hero. "It was great fun knowing all of you and helping you figure out your problems!" At the close of his statements, the Hero leaves, just as he came. Mysteriously.

------------------

THE TOWN WINS!!!!!

Congratulations Town! You pulled out a Town win for the first time in Beginner's Mafia history! You should be proud!

I will be posting the End-Game stats after this post. Feel free to discuss how the game went. Also, all players that have played, Dead, replaced, or still alive are welcome to post thoughts and stuff in this thread.

-------------------

Congrats Towns.

3 stars this game goes to

Zelda_8 (nailing 2 scum in a row as SK)
Meego7 (blocking the town cop on night 1)

More critique to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom