• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Article in Nintendo Power.

I just recieved my new issue of Nintendo Power and there is a fan question asking if there is a timeline.

The answer says that there is no official timeline but there are some links in between games like OoT and MM.

Do you think that this is just one man's answer to the question or is it significant?

If you want to look it up, the article title is "Linking Zeldas"

Spoilers man! Spoilers! I haven't gotten that issue let!

Anyways, I don't think it's very special. Nintendo Power isn't involved in any way with the making of games, so I don't think his opinion would be considered "official".

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well I'm not sure but I think it's just nintendo powers opinion if it were up to me I would of asked nintendo that might help

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I tried to hook it up and i couldent find it :( and i suppose i kinda believe him, i just hope if there isnt an official time line that they make one soon

M

Metroid133

Seeing as it is Future USA writing this and not Nintendo....I do not believe this. It has been stated that there is an official time line before, but they just have not revealed it yet.

Pinecove

Last Chance
^

No Miyamotto (spelling?) said there was an official document.

Aonuma (who's the one who cares about the timeline) later said that they were still working on the timeline.

Obviosly Miyamotto lied. ;)

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Nintendo Power doesn't know anything. Some important from Nintendo (I forget who, it was Miyamoto or Iwata I think) said that they have a document saying that they had a document containing the official timeline. Why they don't tell us, I don't know.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Nintendo power is full of crap, it is not to be taken serious, what they said about the timeline, cause Myiamoto or Aonuma said that there is a timeline, so, don't worry about what NP says

They don't speak for the corporation of Nintendo. Basically, they're just blowing off the question.

Of course they are going to blow it off.
If they say there's a timeline then they will get tons of letters from people who will bug them nonstop about it(since people act like Nintendo Power's canon).

I know its been said before, but I honestly don't think Nintendo cares about whatever kind of timeline they have set up. I don't believe the NP issue, that there isn't a timeline at all. My thoughts are that Nintendo makes references to previous games, which shows how they can connect, but do not say well this one goes here, this one here, and so on.

Even though it is something that is of great debate here at ZD and many other Zelda forums, and among hardcore Zelda fans, the timeline probably isn't really a big issue to the developers to let us know about. I'm sure if they knew how many people really wanted to know, they wouldn't mind telling us. Its not like its a huge deal or anything; its just a video game. They probably just think no one really feels its all that important, which in reality, its not. And its better if we don't know, that way we can speculate and argue about it until a game comes along that so obviously connects the others, that the timeline is figured out.

Claire

The Geekette
I believe Miyamoto himself has already stated that there is no official timeline, although, I am not 100% sure about this at this very moment. But there are connections between games, for instance, certain games being sequels to another (Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass). But I would not trust another sort claiming there is, or is not a definite timeline unless it is coming straight from Nintendo - or Miyamoto himself.

I believe Miyamoto himself has already stated that there is no official timeline, although, I am not 100% sure about this at this very moment. But there are connections between games, for instance, certain games being sequels to another (Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass). But I would not trust another sort claiming there is, or is not a definite timeline unless it is coming straight from Nintendo - or Miyamoto himself.

Actually, Miyamoto said that he has a MS Word document in which all connections between the games are listed, as well as the official timeline...

Of course, when he said that, only a few games had been released and aonuma said recently that they are working on a timeline...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom