• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Armoses?

Okay, so I put this in the theory section because I want to know you theories for this because I am stumped. If this is in the wrong place, please move it.
Twilightarmos.png

armos.png

Armos from TP looks significantly different to that of a reguler Armos. (In the beta of TP, they originaly had weaponless Armos that looked like the prvouce ones.) It has all these prevously unused symbols on it. The sheild is unidentifiable. The hammer, from to correct angle, has two eyes on it. Aparently, he can move the handle back and forth on the hammer considering the top. His forehead has an image of what seems to be a four-legged redead. His chin has an image of an eye with two open triangles next to it. He has something in the shape of a L on his tiny feet. His arms have a link with filled in triangles comming out of it. He has a pig snout. His eyerow has en eye with two Y shaped symbols coming from its sides. He has a giant oddly shaped teeth. Most of his body is his jaw. His lips are a line with filled in squares comming out of it. His sholders have a C on them. His ears have open Ps with a swirl end. His sheild has two rectangles on its backside on the middle of the sides. He has a square with a line in the middle and a open P, B, Q, and D around its corners. His hammer would be straight if it was not fo a odd curve on the handle. His sheild has a sqaure with lins comming from the middle of each side. Along with an I ontop and under the sqaure. The redead has four webbed fingers on each hand and two ovals at the center of its body along with a visible nervous system.

That is all I noticed. (Probably it all.) What do you think?

Um, well it is beta stuff. I mean, Epona had gray flat hair, and in the final version she had white luscious hair ;)
I think they design enemies (and everything else); throughout the production of the game they go back and fine tune things until they are happy with it.
What are you getting at exactly? That it means something?

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I think that symbol on its forehead--at least if you just look at the very small round part--looks more like a weight measure thing (can't remember what it's called). That's what it struck me as as soon as I saw that picture. There is a large one of these measures in the Temple of Time. Considering the armos are also prominent in the Temple of Time, I think that's what the symbol was meant to be. These measures are usually a symbol of law and order in a courtroom, and I suppose it's hammer could represent a judges gavel (you said in the beta, they didn't have a weapon, so the hammer may be significant).

Anyway, there's my two cents. The Temple of Time was probably considered a place of law and order, as it were.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Well, I think that the Armos Knights in TP are maybe a little uglier than in the other games. That's what I make of it. :)
It could also just be the change in art style.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I was referring to the final product. Neither of them look like normal Armos Knights, really. I just tend to refer to them as Armos Knights because then I don't have to argue with someone as to whether or not the possessive conjugation is Armos' or Armos's.

As to the meaning of the change, I think that the greenish-blue stone and the phosphorescent green trim on the armour are common colours of things in TP. The trim and colour goes along with a lot of the other statues in TP's Temple of Time; but as to the big teeth and head, I'm not so sure. Those elements don't look like they fit in with other statues and statue-like enemies in TP.

Pinecove

Last Chance
LoZ- They were enchantes stone warrior statues.
OoT - They were made by the gorons.
TWW - they were made by the gods.
TMC- they were made by the Minish.
TP - they were made by the Oocca.

In short - they look different because they were made by different people.

Actualy, they looked completly different in the beta.
Gorongolem.jpg
That looks a lot more like the Guardian Statues just before the Master Sword to me. I doubt that's supposed to be an Armos. They've never looked anything like that (except maybe in The Minish Cap, although there they had much bulkier torsos so they were still a lot different).

Anyway, as for this Armos design in Twilight Princess, obviously he's very ornate. There's a lot of symbols on him, and most of them are meaningless. They might have had a meaning within the game world to its creators, but there's no way of knowing what that was and I'm dead certain Nintendo had nothing particular in mind.

From what I can see about the design, the Armos seem to be designed like typical temple or ruin statues. Statues with a function comparable to a scarecrow; they're designed to be scary and ward off intruders (even representing an actual guardian like a creature or a god, and being a threat of curse or death). Everything about its design is fairly fearsome and intimidating, so I'd say that's why.

The difference in appearance between games is irrelevant; to some degree all the titles in the series are self-contained, and they often totally re-do the designs of familiar enemies just to be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom