• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
job type abilities sound like important information. you're positing they'd be described in a player's financial section?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
why are there three ambers in the active players
amber is being treated as three distinct players i think. Even the length of the day treated the game as having 31 players instead of 29.

Ragnarokio

one can be new to the game without this being literally their first game

You do realize people are playing this game from different locations and in different timezones? I'm often asleep through peak American activity, that doesn't mean I think every American in the game is scum.
I wasn't entirely serious. |:[
do they usually leave their comfort zone to play a 30p game in a new site if they're still learning the ropes though
It's always possible, SMM3 was 24 players when I was a noob.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
job type abilities sound like important information. you're positing they'd be described in a player's financial section?
Normally they'd be posted in the ability section, but information about stock info and what being a majority shareholder does is typically in the financial section. The ability to hire people to handle running the company for him so he doesn't get his hands dirty might also be potentially possible.

It's possible that even if no one else works this way that Norman has people who can handle running things for him, or even that he has a separate set of abilities for his corporate entity that we can't see.

There are up to 4 people in the game who might have a reference point for that.

Zinger loves to dangle parts of the truth in front of us and then hide some key thing from us. Just because we have seen most of his role doesn't mean he doesn't have some other secret element to him that we're not expecting.

That said, I'm currently pro-Freddeh. I'd rather win with him if I can.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I resent this post because last SMM there were two immortal mafia. So yeah, of course they were going to open wolf when they didn't stay dead.

It probably also didn't help that a lot of people that *could* have been town ended up turning into mafia due to their clone choices. So yeah, this is not a straight up honest comparison without context.

As for the request, denied. There are still a lot of people to actively engage with the content in the thread thus far.
Going to chime in here to give context. Last game I did not openwolf to start out, I got forced into a position where I had to because iirc PK or someone decided to completely out the whole mafia team in thread.

So then I was left with no choice but to openwolf. I wasn't immortal, but I was damn near close to it.

Anyway, I do this all the time after a long hiatus from the game, I start rethinking "conventions" of the game. I think it'll be interesting to bring this up because I'm more removed from the game right now than others here.

So remind me again, what's the logic for a Day 1 player elimination being better than a no elimination?

Voting patterns based on Day 1 should be informative on Day 2 if town is hit? Realistically how often does that work? In my experience playing, hitting a wolf on day 2 is extremely rare despite this notion that Day 1 voting should help give a clear direction. I just really wonder it it's as valid as it's made out to be.

I probably should have had this debate before the game started, because I really just want honest answers that aren't related to stakes or alignment in any particular game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom