• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

@sms
At this stage in the game, players motivations are probably more important than there alignment. Because, there abilities there using are likely focused on fulfilling there motivation, and that is going to affect the game more and cause there alignment to change later.

I mean it's still a social deduction game. We could socially deduce. Just nobody wants to. And I find it neigh impossible to socially deduct mech talk.

Funnily enough I'm leaning mafia on Neon now based on the vibe around this post. Neon posting this AFTER multiple read posts had been made and not responded to by her is a huge mafia tell imo.

@Freddeh can you hire Mac? 500 should be chump change for you right?

?? Who's Mac? We talking about Storms vote? Or did I miss something in the paper ^^

My favorite stat is my 1 in 4 pet read which has about an 80% accuracy rate but everyone trolls me for. It's been right in most champs games over the last 2 years too lol but people don't believe in it. I probably won't use it this game just cause of the nature of the game I don't think it works here but the idea is

Say I am the first wagon to 3 votes

The VC is like

Neon: Vro, Rag, Ex

The idea is that there is always exactly one mafia in those 4 names

On the first wagon to reach 3 votes in a game. The concept has been proven right statistically way > rand

Heck, have we made it back full circle on this theory? This was a theory from WAAAAAAY back in old px2 days in the form of just 'the third vote on the first wagon is statistically scum'. So a bit more advanced form of that but it only works when people are 'not' aware of it, as it had become a bit of a meme back when I started lol.

Not sure what to think about on Ex.

Figured we wouldn't have luck on the 'kingpin of crime' and I wouldn't look too far into the cadence of the messaging, as it would be easy to fake a KoD style.

LET'S TEST THIS THEORY SHALL WE?

VOTE: NEON

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Funnily enough I'm leaning mafia on Neon now based on the vibe around this post. Neon posting this AFTER multiple read posts had been made and not responded to by her is a huge mafia tell imo.

?? Who's Mac? We talking about Storms vote? Or did I miss something in the paper ^^

Heck, have we made it back full circle on this theory? This was a theory from WAAAAAAY back in old px2 days in the form of just 'the third vote on the first wagon is statistically scum'. So a bit more advanced form of that but it only works when people are 'not' aware of it, as it had become a bit of a meme back when I started lol.

Not sure what to think about on Ex.

Figured we wouldn't have luck on the 'kingpin of crime' and I wouldn't look too far into the cadence of the messaging, as it would be easy to fake a KoD style.

LET'S TEST THIS THEORY SHALL WE?

VOTE: NEON
Mac is advertised in the paper under the classified section. Always read the paper, that's the most important part of Spider-Man mafia!

I don't like seeing mechanically confirmed(?) town voting my top town read.

Mac is advertised in the paper under the classified section. Always read the paper, that's the most important part of Spider-Man mafia!

It was very long, and I skimmed the ads part lol. My bad Rubik <3

You seem to want to fight me a lot for being the other 'semi-confirmed townie'.

EDIT: I just realized i quoted the same thing twice in two different posts lmao....I'll get better at this soon I swear

EDIT2: Also you want to respond to my reasoning instead of vagueposting?

EDIT3: Also also, I'm getting town Rag vibes so far.

EDIT4: How in the heck do you up the post count per page on this forum? 10 is rough.

EDIT5: No, YOU have an editing problem

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Heck, have we made it back full circle on this theory? This was a theory from WAAAAAAY back in old px2 days in the form of just 'the third vote on the first wagon is statistically scum'. So a bit more advanced form of that but it only works when people are 'not' aware of it, as it had become a bit of a meme back when I started lol
Lol I'm pretty sure we had a theory like that here back in the 2010-2011 mafia era

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You seem to want to fight me a lot for being the other 'semi-confirmed townie'.

EDIT: I just realized i quoted the same thing twice in two different posts lmao....I'll get better at this soon I swear

EDIT2: Also you want to respond to my reasoning instead of vagueposting?

EDIT3: Also also, I'm getting town Rag vibes so far.

EDIT4: How in the heck do you up the post count per page on this forum? 10 is rough.

EDIT5: No, YOU have an editing problem
I don't want to fight you, I'm just nervous about the kinds of tricks Zinger might play on us. I fully expect that there's some secret mechanic hidden in your financial information and I want to make sure that we're prepared in case someone like that does happen.

If you'd read the paper you'd have seen that all of our articles that mentioned you were filled with praise for you. I want Norm to lead town to victory, it sounds like a blast to have the most iconic Spiderman villain as our hero.

If you want to tell me anything privately and don't want me to share it you're always welcome to do so through the letters to the editor. Just be sure to specify that you don't want it shared if you do.

Nothing like waking up to 6 pages of new posts.....

I will place a vote for Vroendal for now.

I also think the sock post is noise. I would look more closely at those trying to pin people to it than the post itself. Why else would it even be made if not as a distraction?
Hello Turin!! ^ ^
Waking up to 6 new pages of posts is a joyous occasion for me, filled with the possibility of excitement. >:3

If my understanding is correct, are you voting me because you think the Kingpin's post was meant to distract from me in some way, or do you have other reasons to consider me a threat right now? o.o

Edit: In response to Rag's off-topic post, if you would ever like to talk to me about mafia in general I'll probably always have a perspective to share. I truly don't think stats will give an accurate assessment about the validity of "reading" players. Not only are there numerous means by which players read others, even when they are being serious, but the game of mafia itself is organic, and not conducive to the kind of stat-keeping you're proposing. As you alluded to, there are huge variables to contend with, not only just when players aren't serious, or throw, and even if you looked through every game where no one did that there would still be large disparities based on a single player's ability to read every post with skill. Continuing to talk about this topic would likely result in me vastly oversimplifying things, but my opinion is that it is entirely impossible to judge "reading" on a broad scale by stat-keeping even if you only looked at a single small community where everyone is experienced and each game consists of like 25 posts per player with each one being only 2 sentences. If you would like to talk to me more about this I would be willing to attempt to explain in greater detail in a different location.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm back. I have also missed 30 pages and have zero intention of reading all of them. So who wants to give me highlights and/or page numbers I should do more than skim over?
Post #3 has some thread links at the bottom with a few posts linked you may want to see.

Welcome back.

(i know those are both mechanical reasonings sorry lmfao)
This (Ex's 2nd post of 4 in a row, made 1 minute after the last, which doesn't add new thoughts but just clarifies something about his last one), is a prime example of why the Mod has encouraged people to use that edit button if they have the most recent post in the game thread.

Thanks for the great demonstration @ExLight :D:whistle:

do they usually leave their comfort zone to play a 30p game in a new site if they're still learning the ropes though

Dragonteacup is a personal friend of mine who I dragged into this after we went to see Across the Spider-Verse together.

As far as I know, he has only ever played live games of Werewolf with people in person that have maybe 6 or 7 players and usually last around 30 minutes tops to play. This is a far cry away from that. Be nice. :P

Last edited:
I got forced into a position where I had to because iirc PK or someone decided to completely out the whole mafia team in thread.

It was @Spiritual Mask Salesman, who is in this game. :eyes:

Oh nooo, did I start some drama? :whistle:

Edit: lol this is replying to SMS. I thought it was replying to Killjoy. XD that's what I get for skimming.

Edit2: The longer version is I think what happened was SMS came clean himself and tried to townside, offering up one of his mafia allies but not the rest as an olive branch. And then yes someone else outed the rest of the team, maybe even PK I dunno. SMS is probably right.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge

GAME STATUS PAGE

CURRENT DEADLINE

Day 1 will end on August 19th, at 5 AM, Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

CURRENT VOTECOUNT

Vroendal (1): Neon
The Kingpin of Crime (1): The Daily Bugle

STOCK EXCHANGE
Currently OPEN.

The Daily Bugle: J. Jonah Jameson Jr.
Fisk International: None
OsCorp: Norman Osborn
Roxxon Energy Corporation: None

ONGOING EVENTS / EFFECTS

The game has finally BEGUN!

lain's Bail has been paid and they've been released into the Active Player pool.
Aaarrrgh has moved to the Active Player pool.

PLAYER STATUS

ACTIVE PLAYERS
  1. Aaarrrgh
  2. Asfinyti
  3. Asfinyti
  4. Asfinyti
  5. Captan_Lunch
  6. DaRkStAr
  7. Doc
  8. dragonteacup
  9. ExLight
  10. Freddeh
  11. HangryHangryHippo
  12. lain
  13. Killjoy262
  14. KingofDominaria
  15. Morbid Minish
  16. Neon
  17. neosilk
  18. Ragnarokio
  19. Rubik
  20. Silverfish
  21. Skystone
  22. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  23. Stability
  24. Storm
  25. theatog
  26. TheCapsFan
  27. Turin
  28. Vroendal

ARRESTED PLAYERS
  1. None

DEAD PLAYERS
  1. TBA

EXILED PLAYERS
  1. Mint Elv

UNKNOWN PLAYERS
  1. Hello World
  2. Tevish Szat

REPLACEMENT PLAYERS
  1. DuskyBlue
  2. LordMark
  3. DawningWinds
  4. Poyzin
  5. Mongoose

THREAD LINKS

Judging by the Stan 1.1 and Stan 1.2 I'm fairly confident that HW is Stan Lee and communicating through comic strips.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Maybe he pulled Tevish out of the comic strip to talk to him about something, lol.

Gotta get those origin stories to happen, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom