• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One Spoiled by the Bunny Hood?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Okay, I know OoT was out first, and I did end up playing a TINY bit of it, although I never beat it, but I did watch it being beat a ton..... but anyway, Ever since I played Majora's Mask, I can't stand traveling in OoT. It gets very tiresome, very fast. I also never really used Epona in MM, since the bunny hood goes a fair speed, and is more accurate. So, I don't really have any use for Epona in MM besides entering Great Bay and Ikana. I know how stupid and frustrating she can be in OoT, but honestly, I never played far enough to be able to use her... ANYWAY, every time I play OoT, I start moaning and complaining about how there's no effective bunny hood, and how you have to roll across the vast field of Hyrule... And I must say, I think MM spoiled me there. Just wondering if others have felt this way as well :hmm:

(the bunny hood DOES exist in OoT, but doesn't grant you speed) :shake:

Hmm, can't say I'm on the same page, no. I actually had trouble standing some parts of the travel in Ocarina of Time before the Bunny Hood; I think Ocarina of Time's overworld is poorly designed in some ways. Certainly I think it takes too long to travel without Epona (and I don't like Epona either because her only purpose is... to travel the overworld at an actually reasonable pace).

The Bunny Hood didn't affect my opinion of speed or travel in other Zelda games, but I know that these days, in Majora's Mask alone, it's the only thing that lets me keep sane while doing certain parts. Like Beneath the Well. Running back and forth down there is a huge pain and the Bunny Hood almost makes it tolerable.

It's also a huge help while trying to fight Twinmold without the Giant's Mask. If you don't have it, you're going to have dem centipedes coming up right under you a lot more than without it; you move really slow in that desert battlefield. xP

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Hmm, can't say I'm on the same page, no. I actually had trouble standing some parts of the travel in Ocarina of Time before the Bunny Hood; I think Ocarina of Time's overworld is poorly designed in some ways. Certainly I think it takes too long to travel without Epona (and I don't like Epona either because her only purpose is... to travel the overworld at an actually reasonable pace).

The Bunny Hood didn't affect my opinion of speed or travel in other Zelda games, but I know that these days, in Majora's Mask alone, it's the only thing that lets me keep sane while doing certain parts. Like Beneath the Well. Running back and forth down there is a huge pain and the Bunny Hood almost makes it tolerable.

It's also a huge help while trying to fight Twinmold without the Giant's Mask. If you don't have it, you're going to have dem centipedes coming up right under you a lot more than without it; you move really slow in that desert battlefield. xP
Well, I played MM a lot before re-trying OoT, so I guess I just got used to it, and now it's gone, so it feels like butts not having it xP

Hmm... I've never tried fighting them without it. I didn't think you could, actually.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nah, I've never been particularly bugged by the travel speed in Ocarina of Time as I had been speed running it long before I got truly accustomed to MM. So, with the mystical BACKWALK technique, travel times have been mitigated several times over. Backwalking is actually like running with the Bunny Hood in a sense. Heck, screw backwalking; I superslide wherever I want to go!
[video=youtube;v5KspxkFPNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KspxkFPNU[/video]

Well, I played MM a lot before re-trying OoT, so I guess I just got used to it, and now it's gone, so it feels like butts not having it xP

Hmm... I've never tried fighting them without it. I didn't think you could, actually.
Twinmold can be defeated by shooting the head or tail (the same places you have to slice with your sword while the Giant's Mask is on) with arrows. Obviously the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows are the most effective. It's really hard though, and trying to run around to shoot them can be deadly because they will come up under you to attack. So the Bunny Hood is pretty useful because the sand slows you down a lot.

Nah, I've never been particularly bugged by the travel speed in Ocarina of Time as I had been speed running it long before I got truly accustomed to MM. So, with the mystical BACKWALK technique, travel times have been mitigated several times over. Backwalking is actually like running with the Bunny Hood in a sense. Heck, screw backwalking; I superslide wherever I want to go!
Whoa wtf.

This is the kind of thing us non-speedrunners cannot identify with. :P

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Twinmold can be defeated by shooting the head or tail (the same places you have to slice with your sword while the Giant's Mask is on) with arrows. Obviously the Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows are the most effective. It's really hard though, and trying to run around to shoot them can be deadly because they will come up under you to attack. So the Bunny Hood is pretty useful because the sand slows you down a lot.

I coulda sworn I've hit the heads with no effect...the tails do work though. And I find it best to just sit on the stone center. I dunno why, but I used to occasionally be teleported outside the Stone Tower. Ever since then I've just superstitiously never wandered far from it....

I'll....just stick to backwalking....0.0

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I personally favored the stone mask in MM, it was nice not having to fight random stuff getting where i'm going, so no love loss for times not having the bunnies hood. And in fact in many play through the bunnies hood is often one of the final ones I earn.

Rolling/ sideways jumping, walking backwards, are faster then normal running, if you're not content with moving around like a normal person.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Yeah... I've been spoiled by games that have that fast-running option. MM's bunny hood and SS's stamina bar are really good ways of traversing the landscape, Okami's fast-running option makes getting from place to place so much better, and Mother 3' running option (I've been playing it the past few days, it's really, really good...) has ruined all other 2D top-down games because its running mechanic is the best I've ever seen, just hold down a button and release, and you automatically run, no need to hold down a button the whole time.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
It never bothered me in OoT. Sure the Bunny Hood was great in MM for the speed boost but because it doesn't take THAT long to walk places in OoT, I never had a problem with it. The sailing in WW on the other hand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom