• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ah, Sweet Nostalgia...

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was in the farmer's market yesterday, wandering aimlessly looking for nothing in particular, when I spotted a stand that had tons of video games. I thought to myself, "What if they had any Zelda games?" So I looked for Minish Cap since I've never played it, and I've been thinking of getting it for a while now. No luck. But then I spotted something that sent a rush of nostalgia flowing through me: Phantom Hourglass. My first Zelda game. I haven't played it in the two years since I first bought it(mainly because I no longer owned it), but now I had the chance to play through my first Zelda game again. And I took that chance. And let me tell you, I don't regret it. Yes, I bought the game. And I'm once again loving it. After two years, I am finally able to play my first Zelda game again. What was your first Zelda game, and how long has it been since you last played it? (remakes don't count. that means if your first was Ocarina of Time, the 3DS remake doesn't count.)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Uh, did this spawn from the talk we had a while ago?

Anyhoo *serious discussion mode activated*:

My first one was OoT, because my brother had BEGGED (seriously, BEGGED) the folks to get that game, it was around the time it was released, and it had some crazy hype at the time. Anybody who was around will probably know what I mean.

It took about a year to get it, and I always asked my brother "What's that weird game?". He always told me "It's Zelda". So, after months of sticking to Super Mario 64, I decided to play that "weird game", got to the Gohma part (which scared the 5-year old wits out of me), turned off the 64 and cried for a while.

Average, I guess.

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
My first Zelda game was also Phantom Hourglass! And even though most people hated Spirit Tracks, its close resemblance to Phantom Hourglass made it an instant favorite to me! :)

M

Metal_head

My first LoZ game on its original system was The Wind Waker. I got my friend to let me borrow it after playing Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time Master Quest with an emulator. Good times :)

Beeker

Wild Card
My first Zelda was Oot, though technically it was on the GC. Original system wise, my first Zelda was Twilight Princess. I still love that game to this day. I know some people do not consider it a very good Zelda game compared to some of the others, but it still holds a special place in my heart. The world and the story of TP drew me into the series, and since then I've never turned back.
I remember when I first played this game when I got my Wii four years ago. My and my sister both were stuck right at the beginning: during the fishing segment before you even get your first sword!So many failed moments...:sweat:

The Legend of Zelda was my first Zelda game. I was a little kid when it first came out and I had no idea what to do, and would just walk around killing monsters in the overworld.

Then in my adult life I played it on an emulator and with the help of a walkthrough finally completed the game for the first time. I haven't played the original in a few years now, but have been planning on playing through it sometime soon.

My first game was Twilight Princess. I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago and absoluely loved it.I then got Wind Waker and loved it even more. Since then I have got PH, ST, MC, OoT (Original) OoT 3DS, MM, LttP and cannot wait for Skyward Sword.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My first Zelda was OoT, and the first time I played it was about 13 years ago, as for when I last played it does the VC version count considering it's the exact same game only downloaded on my Wii rather than using the N64 cartridge? Cause if so then I think it was like maybe six months ago or so (I have so many hobbies and so little time, so I don't always find the time for gaming, which is why I like having it on 3DS, cause it means I can bring it to work and play during breaks, lol)... if not, then we are talking a couple of years...

My first was OoT, like many others. I got it from a cousin of mine, 'cause he got stuck and didn't want to play anymore.
I just had stopped playing Super Mario 64 when I started OoT. And truth be told, I actually didn't like the game the first week or so.
The reason? Auto-jump. Just getting of Super Mario 64, the game that shaped 3D gaming, and most importantly platforming, that's understandable.
I just didn't get why this weird green-clothed boy couldn't jump. Instead he rolled. WTF?!
When I got over that, I actually started loving it, and couldn't stop playing. Then I got stuck. Where? Inside the Great Deku Tree. Yeah.
I stopped playing the game for months. When I picked it up again I finally beat Gohma and proceeded to Castle Town. Then I got stuck again, this time trying to sneak into Hyrule Castle. When I got that out of the way (days later) I was on a roll. Got through Dodongo's Cavern relatively easily, and set off for Zora's Domain.
And there came the biggest nightmare yet. Jabu-Jabu's Belly. I seriously stopped playing the game for years. Yes, YEARS. I just couldn't get through the damn whale! A year and a couple of months later, after getting help from a friend, I beat Jabu-Jabu's belly, and the rest of the game was done in a flash.
Even the Water Temple, which is really strange, seeing as I even got stuck in the Deku Tree. But nonetheless, I finally beat the game, maybe four or five years ago.

Good times...

Wow, sorry about this, when nostalgia kicks in I can't control myself...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My birthday is later this week. I shall be 32.

For one of my birthdays (my 10th or 11th) my present from Mom and Dad was an NES with the bundled games (Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt) and the "hot new game that people were talking about" - The Legend of Zelda.

I played it to death and beyond. I played both quests... I learned of the "Name your file Zelda" glitch to get to the second quest right away... took forever finding the secret entrances (Labrynth 7 eluded me for at least half a year).

I played it again some months ago on the Collector's Disk for GameCube and was "Wow, was second quest THIS hard when I was a kid? I don't remember it being this friggin' hard!" Maybe I was more up to challenges when I was younger. *Shrug.* I got through it, though and I remembered where *most* of the secret caves and stuff were!

So, yeah, 8-bit Zelda is what gets my nostalgia-motor running. I still adore lynels and gleeocks.

My first was ALLtP on the SNES (not GBA xD) I didn't speak english at the time and didn't understand the story, I just looked at the map and thought "hm.. there's a mark there, I have to go there and try to do something!" ahhahah I found the Master Sword before collecting the pendants and I didn't understand why I couldn't grab it =/ It's one of my favourites to this day ^-^ the SNES was my first video game, so I have great memories of it, I love the 16-bit era!

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
My first game was Spirit Tracks.Ive been in a long distance relationship for 3 (almost 4) years,and last year around December,my boyfriend came to visit for Christmas,and I bought him Spirit Tracks because Ive heard him go on about a new Zelda game ,so that was his gift among other stuff.Later on that month ,he had a horrible accident so he was stuck in the hospital for a good month,and he also had to live near me for over 6 months so he could recover.But during that time,he had already finished it,so he said I should play it.And I did, and fell in love! <3 Since then,I have played through Twilight Princess,Ocarina of Time,Majoras Mask,Wind Waker and im going on to Phantom Hourglass. Now I look back after playing through the games I have played,I see how incredible Zelda is to spark my interest with a game that is no where near as great as the past titles xD Even when the Zelda series isnt at its best,its still pretty darn good to win over a Zelda fan for life! xD

Peeps1080

Not the marshmallow
My first zelda game was the whole collector's disk when I was about 5. I first played the Wind Waker demo, so I guess Wind Waker is my first game ever played, although it's only a 20-min demo... then I think I tried OoT. I got to the Deku Tree but I was 5 so couldn't figure anything out, but I came back to the game about 5 years later. I tried all the other games on it and the only other one I have made progress on was MM, I fail at the 2Ds :lol: A few years later I found the real Wind Waker in a store and got it. It was the first game I ever beat... after a few years of course. :) Good memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom