• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess 3 Heart Challenge...

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
So, I'm doing a TP 3 Heart run. The problem I'm already having is avoiding Heart Pieces that are in the temples, because I don't remember what chests have them and what ones don't. Anyone have a good strategy to not get them?

Majora's Cat

How about that
Simple - rush through the game like nobody's business. Just continue through the story without stopping for a heart piece. I don't see why avoiding the heart pieces is a problem, though.

1.Save a lot. If you accidentally get a heart, restart. That's what I did. I ended up not resetting for 3 heart pieces though because I was really far in, you just can;t get 5!

2.Avoid all of the big chests. The only big chest you need is the dungeon item. You don't need the map or compass, and the boss key chest looks different. You usually always get the item after a miniboss, and the small keys are in small chests. I hope this helps!

Beeker

Wild Card
@GerudoDesert In TP, there are usually two Heart Pieces that you can find in each temple. I myself am going to start a three heart run(I've played through it with five hearts as well).

If you know the dungeons well, I try to remember/memroize where the HP chests are. They're usually in odd places. If not, you could use a Heart Piece guide and just skip those chests. Even if you do find them, just make sure you save often so if you accidentally found, say, 4 heart pieces and about to find another, you could be wherever you are without losing progress.

The heart pieces chest are very well hidden inside dungeons, just take a guide and see where are they located and then you can easily avoid obtaining them. That's the easiest way to do it. Either way, you dont need to open that many chests on TP. The one thta have a key are pretty obvious, just try to avoid any other one that takes more time to look for.

1.Save a lot. If you accidentally get a heart, restart. That's what I did. I ended up not resetting for 3 heart pieces though because I was really far in, you just can;t get 5!

2.Avoid all of the big chests. The only big chest you need is the dungeon item. You don't need the map or compass, and the boss key chest looks different. You usually always get the item after a miniboss, and the small keys are in small chests. I hope this helps!
This is the best advice anyone can give really. These are the things I followed. I had to reset several times, though, so save often. Unfortunately, because of this TP is by far the most irritating to 3-heart. >.<

I did get the Dungeon Map and Compass, but it is annoying. Skipping them seems like a nice alternative. And I'm not sure if it's true that there are no keys in the bigger chests, but you might be right.

But I do not think their are any heart peices in a Temple.
Yeah there are. Each dungeon in Twilight Princess contains several Heart Pieces. ;)

Ariel

Think for yourself.
There is EXACTLY 2 heart pieces per dungeon. But they are usually out of the way, whereas the dungeon map and compass are generally given to you after a room.

P.S If you are even playing a 3 heart challenge for TP, why do you even need a dungeon map and compass, surely you're good enough at it.

Pen

The game is on!
There is EXACTLY 2 heart pieces per dungeon. But they are usually out of the way, whereas the dungeon map and compass are generally given to you after a room.

P.S If you are even playing a 3 heart challenge for TP, why do you even need a dungeon map and compass, surely you're good enough at it.

Yeah, there are two pieces of hearts in every dungeon....all but Hyrule Castle, there are none.
:triforce:

Hey, i started the TP 3 <3 challenge, and i had this same problem!

But there ARE keys in the big chests, btw. So yea, use the guide, done avoid big chests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom