• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Are You a Personal Walkthrough?

D

DrDo0MxPHD

ive been playing zelda for close to 15 years, ever since my mother brought home a NES system. yea, i was rocking the very first zelda:), and i own every one up until the four swords. ive played every one soo many times i know where everything is, especially on orcarina of time. everytime i tell some one that ive beaten it over and over and over again, a few days go by and they call me to help em out! is that normal? for me to know EVERYTHING about this game? dont get me wrong i enjoy playing it, but is it safe to say im obsessed? i know EXACTLY where every skulltula is, i know where most of the POHs are, get this i know where the prize winning fish is!! he never moves!!

am i a living walkthrough?!:S

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
You are indeed a living walkthrough, that I can say after reading your lines. I am truly impressed!

I do not have enough knowledge about any game that I could consider myself a "living walkthrough" and of that I feel ashamed :mad: But I believe that I have quite decent skills when it comes to Zelda II (I had to say something in my defence) :D.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

hmm i have beaten zelda II but MAN that one is one of the hardest!! took what 9 1/2 months?! lucky you!!
You are indeed a living walkthrough, that I can say after reading your lines. I am truly impressed!

I do not have enough knowledge about any game that I could consider myself a "living walkthrough" and of that I feel ashamed :mad: But I believe that I have quite decent skills when it comes to Zelda II (I had to say something in my defence) :D.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
hmm i have beaten zelda II but MAN that one is one of the hardest!! took what 9 1/2 months?! lucky you!!

Three things are difficult about the game and they are things that you have to find (at least two of them I believe?). One is a Palace, the second is a Town and the third is an Item. (I wonder if anyone knows of what I am talking :cool:)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I've been playing Zelda all my life (yes even in diapers :D) and I actually relate to what you are saying. Nothing wrong with being obsessed, even if you know everything single thing about each game! ;) I'm the same way about ALttP and Ocarina of Time and I just about know where everything in Twilight Princess is.

Let me ask you question, do you still find the game enjoyable even though you know where everything is?

Three things are difficult about the game and they are things that you have to find (at least two of them I believe?). One is a Palace, the second is a Town and the third is an Item. (I wonder if anyone knows of what I am talking :cool:)

I think I know what you are talking about ;)

The final palace to me was the hardest to get to, for the town I assume you are talking about the hidden village and for the item...............referring to the hammer by chance? The Death Mountain and the hammer has to be the single most frustrating part of the game.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1

The final palace to me was the hardest to get to, for the town I assume you are talking about the hidden village and for the item...............referring to the hammer by chance? The Death Mountain and the hammer has to be the single most frustrating part of the game.

I was just about to log-off when I saw your post! So I thought I must put a comment to your writings. The comment is: One of your answers is correct :). I believe you should be proud because it is never easy to read a persons mind and with your post you have also proven to have a lot of knowledge about AoL! I do not doubt that you indeed are a "personal walkthrough" :yes:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I know a lot about Ocarina of Time, but I'm not familiar with the POH and Skulltullas. One of these days I'll find them all and 100% it!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..

Palace: Three Rock Palace (it's hidden until you reveal it)
Town: Mido (it's difficult to get to since you have to go through Death Mountain first)
Item: Hammer (same as Mido, it requires dealing with DM, suppose it could be considered hidden)

The guesses are educated guesses anyway .. all 3 are challenging (though I think the Great Palace & Ocean Palace are harder), 2 are hidden, and the Hammer would be the 1 that AwesomeLink got right.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I to am a Living Walkthrough but of OoT and It's getting that way with MM.

OoT makes since with me because I got that game when I was 5 and play it at least once a month.

D

DrDo0MxPHD

HELL YA ITS STIL FUN!! even though i know where everything is and know how do to everything, tis still fun i luvv the shadow temple even to this day. i also luv the gerado and the spirit temple. the water temple makes me cry lol i always forget to go get a key and have to constantly reset the water levels. i just enjoy the game, everytime i walk into a temple, i can remember when i first beat that temple. i havent been playin recently (i know but ill start again), i got Oblivion, which is really close to OoT, butt has a LOT more to do, but im kinda mad at it lol everytime i finish a quest i got 7 more to do. bought in 07 still havent finished all of it. cant wait tho for skyrim!!
I've been playing Zelda all my life (yes even in diapers :D) and I actually relate to what you are saying. Nothing wrong with being obsessed, even if you know everything single thing about each game! ;) I'm the same way about ALttP and Ocarina of Time and I just about know where everything in Twilight Princess is.

Let me ask you question, do you still find the game enjoyable even though you know where everything is?

I'm nearly like that, but I don't know all skulltulas, if I had to make a list I'd probably be able to list 65-80. ._.

I'm a living walkthrough of Ocarina of Time and ALttP, I wish I was like that for Majora's Mask, one day I'll be :)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm almost a living walkthrough for OoT. The only thing I don't know about that game is the Gold Skulltula locations. I know all the masks in MM along with most of the side quests, mostly because it's hard to memorize times.

I know where everything is in TP and I almost know where all the islands are in WW. Heart pieces... Yeah, don't go there. I know PH and ST up and down, along with a good amount of MC even though I'm still playing it!

MW7

I am definitely a living walkthrough for OOT and Majora's Mask. It's so bad I sometimes visualize the game in my head; kind of like a playthrough without actually playing the game.

Also Wind Waker and Link's Awakening to a lesser extent I am a walkthrough. I had a friend play Wind Waker for the first time recently and could answer obscure questions about it off the top of my head. And this may sound odd but the only non-zelda games I know like the back of my hand are Super Mario 64 (I went through a phase where I'd do a speedrun once a week) and Hitman: Blood Money (completed every mission in virtually every way imaginable).

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'm a living walkthrough for OOT. I literally have the whole game memorized 100% It's actually pretty sweet being able to play my favorite game straight through :) Im also a living walkthrough for PH but that games pretty easy anyway. I'm really trying to memorize ALTTP 100% but I'm having trouble! lol I'm sure I'll get it one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom