• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

It's hard to say that scum wouldn't do something, because that instantly opens the possibility that they would do it precisely because it doesn't seem scummy. But I appreciate your point, it is a risky tactic. Kokirion is most likely to be lynched with 3 votes at this point, and I expect he will be lynched by the end of the day. Since I've already placed my vote I probably won't have much more to say until tomorrow, when we can see the outcome of the lynching and tonight's events. But as I said before I may pop back in to switch my vote depending on how things go, and I'll certainly be reading until tomorrow.

Yeah, you're right. It's always good to keep an open mind because nothing ever rules out the possibility of somebody being scum. I'm just saying that generally two Mafia players wouldn't band together publicly, especially early in the game. If simply one was to get lynched it would lead right back to the other and soon the Mafia would almost be lost, especially that early in the game and with so few Mafia, seeing as how this is a small game.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I would never issue an IGMEOY just because someone found me suspicious. That's in the same ball park as voting for someone who voted for you, purely because they voted for you. It's an act of scumminess or desperation. I'm not afraid of people challenging me from time to time because I'm not scum, but you jumped just because I questioned your playing style. I didn't even vote for you. That's a bit fishy, if you don't mind me saying.

IGMEOY: FireVsIce

And on another point you raised, I still feel lynching TheTruth is a waste of time. To me he is more likely to be a noob than scum.
I'm not giving you an IGMEOY for just finding me suspicious. I was in one of your top three suspicions just for giving criticism to other players without giving any evidence. I found that weird and gave you an IGMEOY. You the explained yourself, I got your point, and removed it. what's seems scummy or desperate about that?

As for your other point, do you think I'd be stupid enough to lynch a player that inexperienced? It wouldn't accomplish anything except kill an obvious townie. Wouldn't accomplish much at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on to my actual post. For some reason kokirion isn't paying mind that I have an IGMEOY on him. Mosts of his posts are suspicions that are for idiotic reasons. If you lurk you're most likely scum? Some of the most active players are scum. He's told Kyby that he's mostly telling people how the game works. If anyone, you should be saying that about yourself. Just look at your posts. Most of them are advice for others. You seem to be only paying attention to the players that you actually think are acting suspicious or are agreeing with you, not everyone. You're not even attempting to defend yourself against me. Do you think that there are only 3 or 4 players in this game that matter? And when you actually defend yourself you do so by calling your accuser's post trash? It's like you just can't think of a good way to defend in a somewhat decent way. You're making yourself more suspicious in the long run.

Vote: kokirion

Rishian

The Meat Shield
So because I'm pointing out things, and trying to get people to post more so we have more evidence I'm suspicious?

Well, alright, you can believe what you will, I know nothing I say will cause you to not be suspicious of me. However, I am going to have to agree with some of the others in this game at this point..

I'm so sorry,
VOTE: Kokirion

So because I'm pointing out things, and trying to get people to post more so we have more evidence I'm suspicious?

You appear to be stirring things up is all. And it's also a gut feeling.
I'm so sorry,

Why are you sorry for lynching someone? Presumably if you are voting for them you believe they are scum?

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Fair enough jdenicholls. You can see it as that. I'm just also pushing for some people to talk a bit more so that we can see what they have to say.

As for the sorry thing, it's because in a game of "Guildwars" (Which was very similar to Mafia, but with two groups of scum) I was one of the people who pushed for Kokirion to get lynched then, and he ended up being something important for the town. So hopefully thats Not the case this time!

Kokirion seems quite scummy. However if he is a townie, we lost a very good scumhunter. But there is plenty of people that can hunt for scum so it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Vote: kokirion

I'm not sure kokirion is that good a scumhunter, seeing as his attempts have probably got him lynched. No-one believes his accusations against Raindrop at any rate, and most of his analysis in the post he did on page 5-6 has been refuted. This isn't to say his observations aren't accurate, but he has certainly alienated the town.

--Unofficial Tally (so I can stop having to skim previous page)--
Raindrop14: 1 (kokirion)
kokirion: 6 (Meego7, Kybyrian, Ninten*, FirevsIce, Rishian, Hero of Time)
Rishian: 1 (jdenicholls)

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
wow, you are all on a very wrong track. For some reason, in zelda dungeon people always lynch the most active townie in the first day. And if you were really good, than you would've analyzed my playstiles in other games and you would've seen that I've always token risks... so this lynch doesn't have much evidence. And about that raindrop thing, I've explained a lot of times why I thought her (better? :D) reactions were scummie, but there was no one who ever reacted to that. Probably because it was hard to understand what I meant with that, since English isn't my first language (and I had a lot of trouble to explain it right, and it's probably still difficult to pick out what I really meant).

Anyway, you won't lose someone too important, I'm just a VT (otherwise I wouldn't take this risks)
And something else, I posted very risky mainly because a mentor asked me to make the game more active. But for some reason you think that is scummie.

See you in another game ;)

~ Kokirion

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
wow, you are all on a very wrong track. For some reason, in zelda dungeon people always lynch the most active townie in the first day. And if you were really good, than you would've analyzed my playstiles in other games and you would've seen that I've always token risks... so this lynch doesn't have much evidence. And about that raindrop thing, I've explained a lot of times why I thought her (better? :D) reactions were scummie, but there was no one who ever reacted to that. Probably because it was hard to understand what I meant with that, since English isn't my first language (and I had a lot of trouble to explain it right, and it's probably still difficult to pick out what I really meant).

Anyway, you won't lose someone too important, I'm just a VT (otherwise I wouldn't take this risks)
And something else, I posted very risky mainly because a mentor asked me to make the game more active. But for some reason you think that is scummie.

~ Kokirion

Well if you are a townie then fine, there is always a posibilty of that, but we needed a lynch and your suspicious behavior has led you down this road.

At this stage I'd be surprised if kokirion was scum. I can see the reasons why he is on the most votes but in my view he doesn't deserve it. Some of his reasoning was poor, but I didn't realise English wasn't his first language so that probably accounts for it. Perhaps a few of you should reconsider your vote, it isn't too late. But if kokirion really is a townie then I'd imagine all the scum bandwagoned on this one - it'd be easy enough to do without making others suspicious. Most of the votes have consisted of "Me Too" reasoning, there is not enough independent thinking in this town.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Thats true, jd, but normally the first night is almost always purely a "Random Vote Stage" (RVS) in order to get people playing. I guess that this time kokirion is being voted because most of the newer players don't understand what an RVS is.

I'm sure the second day will have a lot more in store for us in the way of evidence on who is truely scum, and who isn't.

Kybyrian

~ Kokirion

We aren't voting for you because you're trying to get the game moving along... I already explained to you so many times that you contradict your own statements and playstyles. Not healthy. Do I have to keep restating the Axle quote that you so well abide by?

Ooh, an ironic lynching. That'll learn 'em.

Must be about time for Axle to end this day, as it's obvious who will get lynched at this stage. Bring on Day 2!

Sorry for how long this took. Was busy and was also trying to make sure the death sequence was good. ;)

--Vote Tally--
kokirion: 7 (Meego7, Kybyrian, Ninten*, FirevsIce, Rishian, Hero of Time, Raindrop14)
Raindrop14: 1 (kokirion)
Rishian: 1 (jdenicholls)

Day has ended, kokirion is lynched with the most votes.

The town spent all day discussing amongst themselves. The message they had discovered that morning was written with the blood of the dead victims, and no fingerprints or other evidence had been left at all. The scene was clean (figuratively speaking). Without any kind of information to go on, the town convened and tried to discuss what they would do. They were not experienced with this kind of situation. The police, hospital staff, and other skilled people seemed to have been entirely killed off, so they had been left with little to work with.

After the town had been discussing for a while, Kokirion suddenly stepped forward and controversially accused some among the town. At first this was regarded with suspicion, especially among those he himself had accused, but quickly the town's suspicions grew as he defended himself and then lashed out more at his fellow townsfolk whom he felt had been neglecting a circle of quiet people who had yet to participate much. He felt that they were suspicious and that the town should be putting their attention on them, but instead of listening outright, the townsfolk turned on him, and as the sky began to turn red from the impending night, they quickly reached a decision: Kokirion would be lynched.

As soon as it had been decided, he scoffed at the town, telling them how wrong and misguided they were. He again stated his theories and stance as before, but was ignored as both of his arms were grabbed. He behaved aggressively toward the people who bound him, but he didn't defend himself as it was hopeless. Instead he used his last moments to continue telling them off as the townsfolk prepared a noose and hung him from the porch of a nearby house. He died quickly, with a minimal amount of suffering.

The town began to retreat into their homes for the night, concerned about what it would bring. As they did so, though, they heard a scream from behind, and they all returned to where Kokirion had been hanged. Several townsfolk had returned and had been shocked to find that Kokirion had been taken down, his shirt removed and words carved into his chest:

"We're all still here."

Kokirion was a Townie.

Night 1 begins. No discussion is allowed in the thread during this time. Cop, Doctor, please PM me the people you choose. Mafia, please PM and discuss who you will nightkill, then have the Godfather PM me your choice. You have roughly three days, until the 20th, to send me your choices, but please do so ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom