• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of those things where I can't give specific examples because it's more of a gut feeling/stylistic thing, but in general your posts are just stirring things up here and there without leading the town to a particular lynch. Maybe this is because you are not sure of who to be suspicious of, but it still is something that makes me suspicious.

Also don't really see why you point the finger at me just because I questioned you. I explained my reasoning in the post.

--Vote Tally--
Raindrop14: 1 (kokirion)
kokirion: 1 (Meego7)
Rishian: 1 (jdenicholls)

8 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. Day ends on the 16th, so better hurry with your votes. ;)

Kybyrian

greengoron said:
You may think I a lurking but honestly this is my playstyle. I don't posts much and if you don't believe me look at mafia 4 and see how much I post.

So you're countering accusations with your game behavior from a game where you were Mafia? Not a good idea at all. You're only making yourself more suspicious.

kokirion said:
he problem with Mafia games at ZD is that lurkers are always safe, and people think that scumhunting is scummy because one time a scumhunter appeared to be scum himself.

Completely untrue. I think you may be misinterpreting what I've said. I didn't say that it's okay to suspect somebody of being Mafia just because they're active, I'm simply trying to say that's no reason to excuse them from the possibility. Nobody is ever safe in a Mafia game... but lurking can be just as much of a townie playstyle as a Mafia playstyle. Using activity as a basis for your lynches isn't good enough. You need more to play a successful game.

TheTruth said:
He's way to passive, and everything he said is meant to help him staying passive and neutral.

Considering TheTruth's obvious inexperience, it's better to say that he's passive because he doesn't really know what to do. You also say earlier in this post that Vanilla Townie's are more likely to think of it as "just another game" because they have no power role. If you want to stay true to this logic, isn't it more likely that TheTruth is a townie?

kokirion said:
Meego, why do you FoS me? You are claiming that I am scum while you just said it was very hard to tell who is scum. If you accuse someone, than give evidence, not only theories, show quotes. How can you ever convince someone if you don't even show evidence. "I have no idea who is scum, but I do FoS Kokirion." ...good argument..

It's very likely that she is throwing this FoS toward you because of the various accusations you have being made and the constant contradictions in your logic. This makes you a confusing character, and that makes you detrimental to the town. You once referred to Axle's post in another game that lynching detrimental townies is okay. You're only putting more holes in your logic as you float along.

I've got a gut feeling toward both Rishian and kokirion, but I'm not feeling as strongly about Rishian as kokirion, mainly because of the evidence. Seeing as how most votes lynches and Rishian already has another vote, I'd much rather see somebody that I have some actual evidence on to fall instead of Rishian.

Vote: kokirion

I'm not gone on kokirion, but I'd rather see him lynched then some other people, so if necessary I will switch my vote. For the time being I'm happier with it on Rishian though.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
It's one of those things where I can't give specific examples because it's more of a gut feeling/stylistic thing, but in general your posts are just stirring things up here and there without leading the town to a particular lynch. Maybe this is because you are not sure of who to be suspicious of, but it still is something that makes me suspicious.

Also don't really see why you point the finger at me just because I questioned you. I explained my reasoning in the post.
It just feels weird having three people in your highest suspicions just because of their playing styles, in this giving criticism. I'm using IGMEOY just to say that I'm just waiting for you to slip up for me to place a vote in these last few hours remaining(kokirion), keeping an eye out for you for having useless posts(TheTruth), or having suspicions against me with little evidence(in your case). That's why I gave you an IGMEOY. I can't vote or have suspicions for someone or just for gut feeling, but if that's your playing style I can't complain. I see that you probably don't want scum killing off a townie when we could lynch a scum, so for the moment, unless you slip up, I'll remove my IGMEOY. As for the others they still have defend themselves. If they don't then I'll vote for one of them tomorrow.

EBWODP What I meant by "not gone" is "not completely convinced he is scum". Realised after hitting post that might not make so much sense.

Kybyrian

It just feels weird having three people in your highest suspicions just because of their playing styles, in this giving criticism. I'm using IGMEOY just to say that I'm just waiting for you to slip up for me to place a vote in these last few hours remaining(kokirion), keeping an eye out for you for having useless posts(TheTruth), or having suspicions against me with little evidence(in your case). That's why I gave you an IGMEOY. I can't vote or have suspicions for someone or just for gut feeling, but if that's your playing style I can't complain. I see that you probably don't want scum killing off a townie when we could lynch a scum, so for the moment, unless you slip up, I'll remove my IGMEOY. As for the others they still have defend themselves. If they don't then I'll vote for one of them tomorrow.

Actually, a lot of people play based on gut feeling. It's never good to lynch solely based on gut feeling, but a lot of people use it as a basis. Sometimes you just get that feeling about people. A lot of players use this, and a lot of legitimate townies. If they're going to vote simply on gut feeling with no evidence, however, that's scummy behavior or just complete inexperience. I've got a gut feeling about Rishian and little evidence on him, but it's definitely not enough to make me push for a lynch, as no gut feeling should ever do.

Ky said:
I've got a gut feeling about Rishian and little evidence on him, but it's definitely not enough to make me push for a lynch, as no gut feeling should ever do.

Here's my thinking. You've seen my previous post summarising my thoughts on the whole gang, so I won't repeat myself on that front. But I will say that I think us lynching someone is better then lynching no-one. There are enough posts for us to differentiate the slightly suspicious players from those who at the moment are squeaky clean, but your decision comes down to your own observations and gut feelings. I'm voting for Rishian because I find him the most suspicious player at the moment. You might not find Rishian suspicious but I think you can agree with the logic behind my actions, especially with the deadline coming up.

FirevsIce said:
I'm using IGMEOY just to say that I'm just waiting for you to slip up for me to place a vote in these last few hours remaining(kokirion), keeping an eye out for you for having useless posts(TheTruth), or having suspicions against me with little evidence(in your case)

I would never issue an IGMEOY just because someone found me suspicious. That's in the same ball park as voting for someone who voted for you, purely because they voted for you. It's an act of scumminess or desperation. I'm not afraid of people challenging me from time to time because I'm not scum, but you jumped just because I questioned your playing style. I didn't even vote for you. That's a bit fishy, if you don't mind me saying.

IGMEOY: FireVsIce

And on another point you raised, I still feel lynching TheTruth is a waste of time. To me he is more likely to be a noob than scum.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
A couple of things I want to point out.

Please, people, be more active, and please vote. There are now only 5-6 people who are thinking about voting, while there are 12 players in the game. Not even the half of the player list is voting. So please become more active and vote, this really damages the game. What if 3 of the 6 active persons are scum? Than they have compleet controll over the lynching system. They look very smart and believable because a lot of people join them, while in fact all those people who joined their wagons where also scum.
A lot of games end because of the low level of activity, so please be more active.

Axle, is it a good idea that everyone has to post withing 48 hours, and if they didn't post within that time you prod them. Than they will have another 24 hours to post, and if they still didn't do it you replace them. And if a person has had 3 prods or more, you replace them as well. (please don't modkill them, just search for new players to join)

Kyberian, your posts are crap. You are still quite passive, most often you are only telling people how the game works. We have mentors for that, we even have 4 of them. In your other posts you almost always accuse me, and with what evidence? An RVS, very active and he is the only one so far who have told who he thinks that are suspicious. If you take a good look at your arguments, it's just about this..
Easy lynch, right? I'm active and I was the only person who told what he toughts about other players in the game. You're only accusing me because you can easy get away with it. The next thing, is that it's easy to convince a lot of people to vote for me now, so you will also recieve more influence in the game.
You're just playing one big meta. It doesn't necissarily have to be town, but this is very scummy, and the last time I saw someone obviously doing this was in Mafia 3, where the one who used this meta was the Godfather (or mother in this case :P).
I ask it onether time, what are your reads?

FoS Kyberian.

And I do see a possible link between you and Meego, same level of passiveness (is that a word?) and she agrees with a lot of the same things.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
okay lynches
- Raindrop

You hardly have any backing to say that Raindrop is an OK lynch. You can't just vote when there's little to no evidence. After all, this whole Raindrop thing started after one RsV. Maybe you mean that lynching Raindrop is OK for the Mafia.

VOTE: Kokirion

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Kyberian, your posts are crap. You are still quite passive, most often you are only telling people how the game works. We have mentors for that, we even have 4 of them. In your other posts you almost always accuse me, and with what evidence? An RVS, very active and he is the only one so far who have told who he thinks that are suspicious. If you take a good look at your arguments, it's just about this..
Easy lynch, right? I'm active and I was the only person who told what he toughts about other players in the game. You're only accusing me because you can easy get away with it. The next thing, is that it's easy to convince a lot of people to vote for me now, so you will also recieve more influence in the game.
You're just playing one big meta. It doesn't necissarily have to be town, but this is very scummy, and the last time I saw someone obviously doing this was in Mafia 3, where the one who used this meta was the Godfather (or mother in this case :P).

FoS Kyberian.

And I do see a possible link between you and Meego, same level of passiveness (is that a word?) and she agrees with a lot of the same things.

You can't go saying his posts are crap. You just seem upset because he is accusing you, which we all are for perfectly good reasons. Your posts aren't coming out with much true information, my assumption now is that you are trying to lead the town down the wrong direction, therefore scum. If you are townie I will be extremely suprised. Oh and we agree because we are 2 of the most experienced players in this game and have played a few games together.

My suspicion is that two of the big town players in this game are currently tearing into each other. I'd be surprised if kokirion was scum and I have no reason to believe Meego or Ky are just yet. Statistically speaking if you select any three players there is around a 49% chance they are all townies, so odds are if we disregarded any observations we make on you that one of you is scum. It's also worth saying that a competent mafia player will come as a townie. The best scum are people who actively scum-hunt, even if their own get caught in the crossfire.

Kokirion's arguments against Raindrop are flimsy, and he should realise that. Also he accuses Ky of giving lots of advice but me, him and Ky have all been posting advice so it's a strange criticism to make. Remember Axle and Bay gave lots of advice throughout Mafia 4 and both were townies. The argument that people are being too passive is also a dead end. There are a lot of beginners in this game and at the moment nobody is playing that aggressively, which is why most people are coming off as passive.

Axle, a question for you. What happens if two people get an equal number of votes to get lynched by the end of the day?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Kokirion's arguments against Raindrop are flimsy, and he should realise that. Also he accuses Ky of giving lots of advice but me, him and Ky have all been posting advice so it's a strange criticism to make. Remember Axle and Bay gave lots of advice throughout Mafia 4 and both were townies. The argument that people are being too passive is also a dead end. There are a lot of beginners in this game and at the moment nobody is playing that aggressively, which is why most people are coming off as passive.

I agree here. Kokirion's evidence is not solid at all. I think perhaps he is mafia, trying to lynch a townie but with not enough evidence. Raindrop has done nothing at all...so I think we know who is the scum here. There obviously is the slight chance kokirion is a townie, or he could be third party. But I am pretty sure he is scum, for the way he is acting at the moment. And the advice giving thing isn't a problem, like jd said, in Mafia 4 Axle and Jo gave lots of it. It is another way to play the game. And people are making exceptions for beginners here.

Kybyrian

FoS Kyberian.

I want this game to go just as smoothly as the mentors do. You think that because I'm a player I can't advise people to think things out and use good strategies? I'm offering this information because I want to win, and the best way to win is to let the other townies know how to play.

I hope you know that Jo's meta in game 3 is similar to the style she always uses. Any good scum wouldn't vary their methods because of their role. It's easy to get people to vote for you because the evidence is right here. I'm not voting for you based solely off of the fact that you put down an RVS, and I'm not voting for you because it's easy to get away with. I'm voting for you because you have the smell of Mafia and more evidence than anyone here to go with it. This game lynches based on the most votes, and I'd much rather see somebody like you with a good amount of evidence against you fall rather than some other random person. I'm voting for you because of your countless contradictions against your own playstyle and statements that wind around and kick each other in the rear. You're not playing this game very well and are detrimental to the town. You have the most chance of being Mafia, and even if you aren't, you stated yourself that it's okay to lynch detrimental townies based on Axle's statement. Try not winding circles around yourself.

Meego's not a stupid player and I'm not either. Mafia wouldn't band together so obviously in a thread. You'd see that if one of us was to be lynched, of course.

It's hard to say that scum wouldn't do something, because that instantly opens the possibility that they would do it precisely because it doesn't seem scummy. But I appreciate your point, it is a risky tactic. Kokirion is most likely to be lynched with 3 votes at this point, and I expect he will be lynched by the end of the day. Since I've already placed my vote I probably won't have much more to say until tomorrow, when we can see the outcome of the lynching and tonight's events. But as I said before I may pop back in to switch my vote depending on how things go, and I'll certainly be reading until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom