• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
The third party isn't dead. Dracomajora must have the Hero role of Baysiderulez mixed up with the third party role. Hero and Vigilante are two entirely different roles.

Third party? I thought the Vigilante was Townie? Must look up Mafia Wiki....

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Vigilante is one of the Pro-Townies. The 3rd party are stuff like the serial killer. I'm not entirely sure who's suspisious since this whole Sasuke thing is done.......I think.

I'm pretty sure the Vigilante is alive and well. Perhaps they are responsible for one of the Townie deaths and the Mafia are less powerful than we suspected. I've just read up until Page 24 and it's high time I went to bed :lol:, but I'll relay some of my suspicions just to keep discussion going and also to remind myself of them in the morning.

To my mind Hazel is most likely a Townie, since replacing Cuccoo Power who posted that he was the Blacksmith much earlier in the topic. I believe he was just stupid and childish enough to have meant that, so I'm 95% certain Hazel is safe. At the very least I haven't seen anything that would make me suspicious. I've also an inkling the other replacements (Hero of Time, TreehuggerPanda, Soldier of Link, Ninte* and myself) are probably not Mafia as it seems less likely to me someone would quit after being chosen as Mafia. That last statement is only an inkling though, and could well be wrong.

The people I am suspicious of are Kybyrian, Keyshe and Dracomajora. DM was very keen to see of Linksbro, and did not back it up with as much logical reasoning as others. Kybyrian started the game in a silly manner and quickly reversed his position. To my mind he was being destructive, either for the lulz or because he is part of the Mafia. Keyshe has been highly vocal, which is enough to make me suspicious, but the way the posts are written encourages me not to make any accusations.

I'll probably write another post with some quotes in later. For now, discuss.

Well I'm glad you guys didn't listen to me about Sasuke and voted him off. I am very happy I was wrong. But we lost 3 townies, not good. But I guess that gives us a higher probability of lynching a mafia(that's the only positive I can get from that). Let's find some scum!

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
At twilight of the last day I was a little concerned by SuperSilly and Hero of Time's last comments. [...] Supersilly jumped on Green for his joke about Team Jacob. At the time I thought that was very odd to do and the least suspicions thing he had done all game. Now seeing how the night went it is possible that she was killed to frame The Green, or (less likely to me) to protect him.

The framing part isn't very likely as I didn't even respond to any suspicions of that 'team jacob' post. (btw my first name is jacob).
I find it more likely that someone's framing Keyshe, because she's a gambit this round.

I'm willing to bet that the outcome of last night is as such:

Mafia kill + serial killer + vigilante

I don't know that the Mafia is all that smart. They haven't managed to evade lynches, which can be due to increased skill of the town, but I think from the few (<assumption) that are left can't really organize confusing night kills. I haven't gone back to examine SuperSilly's remarks, but I think the most likely reason is that a mafia cop type figure or investigator and the mafia saw an opportunity to put the town at a disadvantage.

As for suspicious people, I've got no real leads. I find Keyshe suspicious, but only because she seems to be leading the discussion. Not really grounds for a vote. I also have a bad feeling about Ninten*, but again, no real evidence. Also, Pocket Asian is a real gambit.

IGMEOY to the above mentioned names.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Meh. Well Ky posted (before the crash...I think) about posibilities of the night kill outcome when Jo died. The one I found most likely was the one with Keyshe as the mafia leader going in for the kill on Jo. I still think Keyshe is mafia, I stand by my decision, she is also leading the entire discussion trying to push us around a bit. Also Hero of Time...saying that Sasuke wasn't scum, perhaps foolishly trying to defend you fellow mafia at the wrong time? I'm not saying you definitely are but...

FoS: Keyshe & Hero of Time

I don't know that the Mafia is all that smart. They haven't managed to evade lynches, which can be due to increased skill of the town

As of now, only one mafia member was lynched and that's Sasuke, so I don't know why you pluralized "lynch". Oh well. As for Zelda's_Child and green goron nightkills, I must bow to whoever killed them because they weren't on anyone radars when they were alive. We can win this if we continue to play smart.

Meh. Well Ky posted (before the crash...I think) about posibilities of the night kill outcome when Jo died. The one I found most likely was the one with Keyshe as the mafia leader going in for the kill on Jo. I still think Keyshe is mafia, I stand by my decision, she is also leading the entire discussion trying to push us around a bit. Also Hero of Time...saying that Sasuke wasn't scum, perhaps foolishly trying to defend you fellow mafia at the wrong time? I'm not saying you definitely are but...

FoS: Keyshe & Hero of Time

I was just simply stating that there has been similar people in previous games that weren't Mafia and that maybe he wasn't. I didn't want to rush into a lynch because those hardly ever turn out as it did. Thankfully, since you lynched him he was Mafia, but next time perhaps we should take it a little slower.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I see your point but if you actually read the pages there was absolutely no doubt about the fact that Sasuke was mafia, it was certain. I just think your post also sounded a bit...badly thought out, read all the posts, it will help.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I see your point but if you actually read the pages there was absolutely no doubt about the fact that Sasuke was mafia, it was certain. I just think your post also sounded a bit...badly thought out, read all the posts, it will help.

I agree on the count that Sasuke wasmafia (before we lynched him). This leads me to my next arguement.

Most of us were suspiscious of Keyshe a few pages ago. I, however, don't think she's mafia. It might just be a gut feeling, I don't know. But she's really too smart for us to tell.

I say this for anyone, not just Keyshe: We have to read carefully and look for any slip-ups. This can mean badly worded posts, guilty sounding posts, and/or too innocent sounding posts. Remember what zack125 said: green goron and Zelda's_Child weren't even on our radars. We knew Sasuke was mafia by the way he posted. The other two... Simply luck that they were nightkilled. Maybe our Vigilante is good at this.

We need to be more careful, even if it takes time between lynches. Already we've seen a few slip-ups from Hero of Time. I'm not convinced he's mafia, but I wouldn't be suprised if he turns out to be so. In any case, I'm not ready to put any votes down.

And to lighten the mood: Read the "Worst Roles Ever" on Mafia Wiki. It's really funny.

The framing part isn't very likely as I didn't even respond to any suspicions of that 'team jacob' post. (btw my first name is jacob).
I find it more likely that someone's framing Keyshe, because she's a gambit this round.

I'm willing to bet that the outcome of last night is as such:

Mafia kill + serial killer + vigilante

I'm almost certain you are wrong. Reread the way the post was worded and you'll find that Charge with sword died of natural causes, making it likely he was modkilled due to inactivity. I'd be very surprised if the Mafia hadn't exercised their right to at least one nightkill, so I'd go for

Mafia kill + Serial Killer/Vigilante

Unless the Mafia decided to kill one of their own to cause confusion I'd suggest the Serial Killer/Vigilante targeted them specifically, given he managed to take out two of them. Or it could be just luck, it's hard to say.

EBWODP

Mafia Kill + Serial Killer/Vigilante + Modkill

Forgot that bit

EBWODP

At the moment my feelings are thus: Kybyrian seems to me to be the most suspicious member of experience around here. Of all the members posting long, detailed analysis, his are the least consistent (and fact is we've already lynched two of the others in Axel and Bay). He also flipped his vote for Axel at the last minute which is something I find very fishy. In his favour he voted for Sasuke, but I suspect that was to save his own skin as Sasuke was compromised, and it is interesting that Sasuke defended him earlier in the game. It's somewhat hard to tell what went on around Bay's death as the posts were deleted.

Likewise, Meego7 voted placed one of the last nails in Axel's coffin. His general posting behaviour I've found suspicious, but it's hard for me to find specific examples of it just now (I've spent the last hour re-reading the thread - this game is pretty taxing if you join after 700 posts!). Also work saying that Zack jumped on the end of the bandwagon, but as of yet I don't suspect him. Keyshe I don't suspect at the moment either, the tone of her posts make me think she is a townie.

FoS: Kybyrian; Meego7

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I've also an inkling the other replacements (Hero of Time, TreehuggerPanda, Soldier of Link, Ninte* and myself) are probably not Mafia as it seems less likely to me someone would quit after being chosen as Mafia. That last statement is only an inkling though, and could well be wrong.

You're contradicting yourself. You are saying that replacements are probably not mafia, as it seem less likely to you that someone would quit after being chosen as mafia. That would mean someone would not quit after being chosen as mafia.

It's not a contradiction, you have interpreted me correctly. I meant that if someone pulls out of the game due to lack of interest it is less likely that they are a mafioso than a townie: the implication being that being part of the mafia is more interesting than being a standard townie (which could be an incorrect assumption on my part). It's not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the replacements could be a mafioso, but for the time being I am less suspicious of them.

EBWODP

Having done another read through of the last couple of pages, I have strong suspicions that Kybyrian is scum. Looking through his posts you will see him to be the least consistent of all the big talkers on here. He rarely has any one line of argument to push, but instead helps to stir things up, flipping votes one way or another and never quite responding to criticism but firing shots in all directions.

Coupled with that most of his posts and accusations have rarely been well backed up. Taking a look at this post in which he condemns Bay using emotion more than logic. Obviously it is easy to say it after the fact, but I don't think Bay was acting suspiciously at that point. But if you read the last line of that post, he defends Keyshe, saying she is "seemingly innocent". Just a couple of days later he then votes for her, unvoting Bay who did almost nothing to defend herself in the intervening time, a complete 180 turn. He's either fooling around or he is a mafioso. My bets on the latter.

Vote: Kybyrian;

Last edited:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Tally

Kybyrian: 1 (Jdenicholl)

No vote cast: Pocket Asian, Soldier of Link, Kybyrian, Ninten*, Zack125, TheGreen, Meego7, Keyshe, Hero of Time, TreeHuggerPanda, Hazel, DracoMajora

With 13 alive, takes 7 votes to lynch.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Likewise, Meego7 voted placed one of the last nails in Axel's coffin. His general posting behaviour I've found suspicious, but it's hard for me to find specific examples of it just now (I've spent the last hour re-reading the thread - this game is pretty taxing if you join after 700 posts!). Also work saying that Zack jumped on the end of the bandwagon, but as of yet I don't suspect him. Keyshe I don't suspect at the moment either, the tone of her posts make me think she is a townie.

FoS: Kybyrian; Meego7

Ahem. That's Miss Meego, to you.

Care to show what you call suspicous? Yes, my vote for Axle was foolish. But like I have said a million times I was not the only one who foolishy jumped on the bandwagon to vote for Axle. So I think you have no real evidence against me.

IGMEOY: jdennicholls

I am still certain Keyshe is mafia. But HoT is also suspicious, I think I will see who the others vote for first. We need to have a strategy in our voting to make sure we lynch the right people and that we reach a majority lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom