• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean if I was a speculating man I'd say protections are flying like crazy. Also Rubik technically died in past night(s). But he's a newspaper so it's nah.

All you need to know is Fred is waging war on spiders so maybe vote him?

Also, should I finally call in my motivation? Because I still haven't, and it would be cool to get to the endgame as Spider aligned, but I'm also curious about what the process would do. Plus, Tevish apparently not actually being Daredevil means I still can't be 100% sure I'm not the real deal.

Also, should I finally call in my motivation? Because I still haven't, and it would be cool to get to the endgame as Spider aligned, but I'm also curious about what the process would do. Plus, Tevish apparently not actually being Daredevil means I still can't be 100% sure I'm not the real deal.
If you call in as town, that'd be amazing. Otherwise, stay as spider, you've got a good set of powers on your shoulders and I don't want you to lose them as self. Not sure what mafia does, but for the love of god, don't do that to us. But of course, it' centered around what you believe. So please, believe you are real. Believe you are real, and come help us out over here.

If you call in as town, that'd be amazing. Otherwise, stay as spider, you've got a good set of powers on your shoulders and I don't want you to lose them as self. Not sure what mafia does, but for the love of god, don't do that to us. But of course, it' centered around what you believe. So please, believe you are real. Believe you are real, and come help us out over here.
Fake news. These are the facts:

1. Asfinyti died unceremoniously Night 4, leaving nary even a body behind; he was a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
  2. The Sun Fan died unceremoniously Night 5, leaving nary even a body behind; he was a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
  3. Storm was Killed by The Green Goblin on Day 8; they were a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
  4. Hapi was Killed by The Green Goblin on Day 8; she was a Self Aligned clone of Spider-Man
If you are a spider-aligned clone, you are self-aligned. This still applies to those who believe they are the real spider-man, such as White and Gold. Declaring yourself as mafia or town doesn't change your win condition, which is to survive. What it may do is change who you can cooperate with. You lose some powers, but gain some allies. Is that a trade worth making?

Eh, that's up to you. Personally, I would keep the powers.

Not really. We're in the information business. We know who most people are, but we're still missing a few. Aaarrrgh is not one of them.

We still need to figure out Skystone's identity. Once we have that, we shouldn't need to bother you anymore. I thought they were a spider clone, but we still don't have confirmation that we got everyone correctly.

Regardless, you don't need to worry about us attacking you.

If you are Spider aligned, you are Spider aligned. Those who claimed to have believed themselves to be real could just have been lying. We don't know what actually happened except that they all flipped self on death. The most likely thing is that they took the clone motivation and lied about it.

I mean if I was a speculating man I'd say protections are flying like crazy. Also Rubik technically died in past night(s). But he's a newspaper so it's nah.

Or not? I killed a mafia and 2 people that could turn IN to mafia yesterday, but sure, keep lying to suit your own story while mafia laughs in the darkness.

If you are Spider aligned, you are Spider aligned. Those who claimed to have believed themselves to be real could just have been lying. We don't know what actually happened except that they all flipped self on death. The most likely thing is that they took the clone motivation and lied about it.
That's certainly possible. If you're willing to take that risk, just let us know. Here's the relevant information:

Indeed, the rest of them seem to all have gotten a choice between Self and Mafia. But not me. I just flipped into Town, which I assume the quote/unquote "real" Spider-Man talking to Tevish did as well. Seems pretty bad to me if all but two of the many Spider Aligned players were destined to become uninterested Self or threatening Mafia. There's got to be more to it. What if all of us have the power to become Town, Self, or Mafia? What if it doesn't matter what our clone status is, but rather what we choose to believe? I have a new role that tells me I am the true Spider-Man, but so does somebody else... What if all of us could have become true Spider-Men and most of you just fell into Zinger's trap of doubting yourself so you get stuck with Self or Mafia?

Are there any Spiders without their Motivations filled yet? Somebody should test this theory. Town could really use a boost if I understand the implications of this Trial shenanigans correctly... All the scum might be coming back soon in full-force, depending on the outcome...
Tevish's account is slightly incomplete. Clones who self-realize are given a choice to keep their original alignment (town-compatible survivor).

Also, as far as I know, you can maintain your 'belief' that you are real regardless of the evidence. The only concern would be whether you have clone degeneration without actually knowing it (but that kills you regardless of your exile status, as Minish can confirm if she hasn't already).
Simply put: even if Gold and Plain claim to have been 'confirmed' as real, they haven't done so through any actual game mechanism, so their claim is suspect when measured against a Spider-Man who verified themselves through a legitimate and confirmed mechanism of self-realization (both Exlight and I have second/third Tevish's claims).

We know via rumor mill that there are 4 methods of verifying yourself.
'The whimsical of delusions of my own fake Spider-Man brain' is certainly not one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom