Shogakukan A Link to the Past Strategy Guide (Part 1)
- Foldout overworld map of the Light World.
- The guide covers the main quest through the Swamp Palace, the second crystal in the Dark World. Afterwards there is a 'coming soon' note, signifying that a second guide will be released.
- The second half of the game is covered in Part 2 of the Shogakukan guide, which released the following year.
- Several pages after the main quest dedicated to the game controls, various techniques, and secrets.
- The guide has some character and scene artwork, but not too much.
- Lots of photography artwork is used to showcase the various areas of the overworld.
- Plenty of screenshots found throughout the guide.
- Dungeon maps are very basic and aren't very visually appealing.
- Complete appendix of all items, including official artwork for each item.
- A 13-page appendix of enemies, bosses, and traps that appear in the game up through the covered Swamp Palace. This includes their names, some images, and a description.
- 10 pages at the end of the guide dedicated to interviews with the developers, including Shigeru Miyamoto and Koji Kondo.
- 2 pages dedicated to the official Japanese A Link to the Past commercial.