• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda RPG Idea

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
a thread that i have been keeping up with was discussing something like a final fantasy Zelda game that is an RPG and i wanted to make a thread for the type of gameplay it could have and all of that so i hope you guys enjoy this thread.

first of all it would not include Link but it would have Zelda in it. i think it would be cool if it took place between OoT and WW as it is a time Link was not present and it would give a chance for warriors from different races to step up and try to stop an ultimate evil (ganondorf). the races and powers would go as follows.

Hylian-Zelda-she would be like the magic user. shes almost too weak to attack but she would still be able to if she didnt have any magic left, but she would be the main magic user and one of the main characters of the game (obviously).

another idea i came up with is that it would be cool for there to be a kokiri as the main character. it would be a kokiri who had always looked up to Link when they were growing up and was proud of him defeating Ganondorf. the kokiri will be the swordsman in the game and the main character. when he leaves the kokiri village he will age over time (as time in the game will be a course of years) and he will grow up and become a powerful swordsman as you play with him. the Deku Tree gives him the chance to leave the village after much debate with the kokiri.

somehow the kokiri will meet up with Zelda after Ganondorf escapes and they decided to work together to try and stop him since Link is not around. on their journey they will come across some people who join their team and help them out.

the Deku will be the long ranged attacker (kind of like an archer but without a bow and arrows). the deku have been known to shoot things out of their mouths (such as bubbles and what appears to be deku nuts). i think it would be cool to have this instead of an archer. the types of things the Deku can shoot will vary. bubbles will be a type of attack that puts the enemy to sleep. the deku nuts will be the basic attack and as the journey goes on the Deku will be able to shoot other things such as exploding deku nuts or fireballs or something.

the Goron will be the muscle. in every RPG game there is always one character who is just a beast. the Goron will be able to weild very heavy weapons and he will just be a straight up muscle fighter. he will also be able to roll up into a ball and make spikes come out of his body as a special attack or something (like in MM when you roll around spikes pop out).

the Zora will be somewhat like a second swordsman except instead of using a sword, he will use his fins (like link does in MM). as with there always being a tough guy, in every RPG there is always a really fast guy. he wont necessarily be the strongest but he will be fast.

i also just came up with something else i hope you guys like. miyamoto said WW comes 100 years after OoT but later that statement was changed or disproved. i know there is a quote in game that states that the events in the BS of WW took place "hundreds" of years ago. now what im thinking is that this RPG would take place 120 years after Ganondorf is defeated in OoT.

now the final warrior you get for your team will be a male Gerudo (thats why i want it to take place 120 years after OoT, so a new male could be born and grown up).

he will be a 20 year old male who has abandoned the Gerudo tribe for reasons you find out during the adventure. he will be the thief of the group, as well. he can pick locks and treasure chests and can steal items from enemies. he will also have a small amount of dark magic that gets stronger over the course of the game.

now how will this game end? you will technically lose in the end but also kind of win.

we all know that Ganondorf is around in WW which means that if this takes place between OoT and WW, Ganondorf cant die.

to understand my ending you have to keep this question in mind. what happens to Ganondorf after he terrorizes Hyrule when he escapes the sacred realm? why did it take him hundreds of years to make his attack on the great sea?

my ending will answer this question. there will be a final fight against Ganondorf. when you "defeat" him, he will be so utterly weak that the only way to save himself is to release a crap load of energy from the ToP. this energy will catch the attention of the Goddesses who realize that he has too much power and cant be stopped by normal means of fighting. they will then save a good number of people and flood Hyrule with Ganondorf still there. the cool thing will be that the main characters (the Gerudo male, Zelda, the kokiri, the zora, and the Goron) will be saved. all except for the Deku who will die during the final battle as a kind of sad ending. also, because the Deku cant survive around lots of water, the Goddesses do not save them (sad i know).

my plan is this, the kokiri who is the main character is the same one who becomes the sage for the earth temple. the Zora who is saved is the first one to become a Rito (and then is accompanied by other Zora who become Rito to make a community of them). the Goron who is saved (along with others) will start to rebuild their lives on an island in a cave and Zelda, in order to hide who she really is, will become a pirate with the Gerudo male. the Gerudo male and Zelda will be the founders of the pirate crew that was said to have inhabited the forsaken fortress before Ganondorf took it over. somewhere along the way, the crew would have just disassembled which would explain why Tetra is not apart of the crew.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
That was my thread you were talking about. :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if the game ended with the Great Flood? Like if all your effort in stopping Ganon and saving Link doesn't pay off ultimately, so the Goddesses have to step in and take the reigns; not only stopping Ganon but progressing the timeline to where we all know it's supposed to be.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That was my thread you were talking about. :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if the game ended with the Great Flood? Like if all your effort in stopping Ganon and saving Link doesn't pay off ultimately, so the Goddesses have to step in and take the reigns; not only stopping Ganon but progressing the timeline to where we all know it's supposed to be.

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking. its like a game where beating it means you lose. i cant think of a single game that has an ending like that and i think Zelda is just the series to pull off something like it.

"you win and are now dead...game over" lol

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Final Fantasy 6 had something similar happen, but you do get revenge in the end, and though I don't think it can compete to the awe inspiring thing that happened in that game, I do think it would be pretty sweet to end on that note. Especially for a Zelda game.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Final Fantasy 6 had something similar happen, but you do get revenge in the end, and though I don't think it can compete to the awe inspiring thing that happened in that game, I do think it would be pretty sweet to end on that note. Especially for a Zelda game.

agreed. we need to get other people posting on this thread! what do you think of the character ideas? anything you want to add or think should be taken out?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I do like the take on the next male Gerudo, but wouldn't that be already be Zauz? I'm one of those people who's always figured him to be of Gerudo descent.

I don't know if I like Link not being in the party, though. It just wouldn't be a Zelda game if he wasn't one of the main playable characters. The best approach, I think, would be if they took the FFX approach. Make Link the "main character", but make the story gravitate around Zelda; just like Tidus was the "main character", but the story was clearly about Yuna and her goals.

And, maybe I'm confused, but how can WW take place 100 years after OoT, and this game take place 120 years after OoT, but be before WW?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I do like the take on the next male Gerudo, but wouldn't that be already be Zauz? I'm one of those people who's always figured him to be of Gerudo descent.

I don't know if I like Link not being in the party, though. It just wouldn't be a Zelda game if he wasn't one of the main playable characters. The best approach, I think, would be if they took the FFX approach. Make Link the "main character", but make the story gravitate around Zelda; just like Tidus was the "main character", but the story was clearly about Yuna and her goals.

And, maybe I'm confused, but how can WW take place 100 years after OoT, and this game take place 120 years after OoT, but be before WW?

Well link isn't around at all so he can't be in this game. Remember the BS for WW? it said that when ganondorf returned the hero of time did not return therefor there can be no link in this game but he could be mentioned.

As for the 120 years thing, miyamoto was wrong when he said it takes place 100 years after OoT. There is an in game quote in WW that says the events of OoT took place "hundreds" not 100 years earlier so my idea being 120 years after OoT works.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Oh, wow I'm dumb. Lol. I didn't even think about the WW back story. Ok, Link can be out.

And if WW takes place "hundreds of years" as opposed to "100 years"... than that eases my concern about the Zora evolving at an uncomfortable pace. Haha.

Oh, but now I'm thinking that we'd have to have quite a few changes to the roster. The original Princess Zelda can't be a playable character. We don't really know how Hylians age, but if they age anything like normal humans than she'd be pretty old and decrepit after 120 years. We may need a new Princess Zelda.

And now I'm thinking that I don't really like the "120 years after OoT" timeline placement. It probably should be more recent, considering there is no Link. It should probably just be in the same lifetime as the original Zelda. If Link was missing, then he must have only gone back in time recently, therefore making it unable for a new ToC bearer to be born since the old one should technically still be around. Like, if it was sort of Zelda's fault for sending Link back, so the Goddesses reincarnation schedule would be all screwed up. THAT CAN BE THE ULTIMATE FACE-PALM FOR ZELDA!!! "It was nice of you to send Link back to live his childhood, but since he isn't really dead, we couldn't really birth a new Hero so... good job, stupid."

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well i dont plan on there being a new ToC bearer. thats the point. its just a bunch of normal warriors standing up for their people and for their land and for themselves. there is no super hero like link, just a bunch of average joes banding together to fight.

youre right, it would have to be a new Zelda. definitely a great granddaughter or something of the OoT Zelda. i guess i didnt think about that but its an easy fix. the reason i have it so long after OoT is because we dont know how long it took Ganondorf to escape the sacred realm and 120 years seems good mainly because i wanted a Gerudo male hero and also because that gives enough time for there to be lasting peace like the BS for WW suggested there was.

i felt the same way about the Zora thing. 100 years is way too short for them to change from swimmers to flyers.

the thing you mentioned about Zauz is just fan speculation with no in game quotes or back up. also, it wouldnt matter if he was a male Gerudo because there is one every 100 years and WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT which means there could have been a few male Gerudo by the time Zauz was born. i still doubt hes a Gerudo as the only Gerudo ever shown between WW and PH is Ganondorf.

Shnappy

derp
I personally think that a Zelda RPG would be a GREAT idea. RPG's have always been my one of my favorite kinds of games, and I'm thinking that it would be fine to have Zelda in an RPG. Some may argue that this may defeat the purpose of link having multiple items. I think that those items could be used as either a special attack that uses some sort of MP, TP, or whatever you use in the game, such as Din's Fire or something, or they could them as items that you can equip and use for regular attacks in battle, such as the bow and arrow or the megaton hammer. So yeah, overall, this is a good idea.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I personally think that a Zelda RPG would be a GREAT idea. RPG's have always been my one of my favorite kinds of games, and I'm thinking that it would be fine to have Zelda in an RPG. Some may argue that this may defeat the purpose of link having multiple items. I think that those items could be used as either a special attack that uses some sort of MP, TP, or whatever you use in the game, such as Din's Fire or something, or they could them as items that you can equip and use for regular attacks in battle, such as the bow and arrow or the megaton hammer. So yeah, overall, this is a good idea.

thanks for the feedback and i agree. this wouldnt defeat the purpose of items. if you think about it, it actually gives oppurtunity for a wider range of items and more items.

in RPGs there are always a ton of items, weapons, armor you can get. why would that have to be any different with a Zelda RPG? the kokiri swordsman could find a bunch of different swords along the way. Zelda can find tomes (books of magic) along the way. the Goron can find a number of items like hammers and great swords and axes. the Zora uses his fins as a weapon so for him he could just find a huge variety of armor that goes around his fins and makes them stronger. like different metal coverings that are blades or something. the Deku can find a huge variety of Deku nuts that make his attack do different things depending on which type of deku nut he is shooting out of his mouth. the Gerudo would be a mixture of finding dark magic tomes and finding more scythe like swords. there would be tons of different armor that each unit can find and tons of different items for boosting magic and health and all of that good stuff. items would work out just fine.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
well i dont plan on there being a new ToC bearer. thats the point. its just a bunch of normal warriors standing up for their people and for their land and for themselves. there is no super hero like link, just a bunch of average joes banding together to fight.
Wait. What I'm trying to get at here, though, is that every time Ganon has begun his new rise to power, a new Link has been introduced. The Godesses have never skipped a beat on their part, so the reason Ganon was able to take over Hyrule was because the current Link, the current ToC bearer, should still technically be around.

Remember, he does belong in that timeline. As a child he was frozen in time because he wasn't old enough to wield the power of the Master Sword. He stayed frozen, but time kept moving. If he never touched the Master Sword, that would have been the timeline he grew up in. Had he grown up normally, Zelda would have never felt obligated to send him back as a kid, and he would still be around to stop Ganon. Unfortunately, since Link was ripped from the picture, there would have been no time for a new ToC bearer to have been born, or at least aged beyond infancy.

I think this game should be on the timeline exactly parallel to the events of MM, or close enough to them.

If I've learned anything from religious studies, it's that Gods are never wrong, fallacy is a consequence of man.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Wait. What I'm trying to get at here, though, is that every time Ganon has begun his new rise to power, a new Link has been introduced. The Godesses have never skipped a beat on their part, so the reason Ganon was able to take over Hyrule was because the current Link, the current ToC bearer, should still technically be around.

Remember, he does belong in that timeline. As a child he was frozen in time because he wasn't old enough to wield the power of the Master Sword. He stayed frozen, but time kept moving. If he never touched the Master Sword, that would have been the timeline he grew up in. Had he grown up normally, Zelda would have never felt obligated to send him back as a kid, and he would still be around to stop Ganon. Unfortunately, since Link was ripped from the picture, there would have been no time for a new ToC bearer to have been born, or at least aged beyond infancy.

I think this game should be on the timeline exactly parallel to the events of MM, or close enough to them.

If I've learned anything from religious studies, it's that Gods are never wrong, fallacy is a consequence of man.

this is not true. think about how much time goes between OoT and WW before a new ToC bearer is born. i dont think that a ToC bearer has to be born every generation or even when there is evil. half the time Link doesnt become the ToC bearer until halfway through his journey like in WW he didnt get the ToC for a while. the fact that at the end of the game the heroes will lose shows that there is no ToC bearer. the ToC bearer left and in place of that the goddesses flooded the world til they could find a worthy person.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
this is not true. think about how much time goes between OoT and WW before a new ToC bearer is born. i dont think that a ToC bearer has to be born every generation or even when there is evil. half the time Link doesnt become the ToC bearer until halfway through his journey like in WW he didnt get the ToC for a while. the fact that at the end of the game the heroes will lose shows that there is no ToC bearer. the ToC bearer left and in place of that the goddesses flooded the world til they could find a worthy person.
I know, but the Godesses have never missed out on creating a new ToC bearer before. The only once instance of a Link not being connected by blood to a past Link was in WW. Even though it may have never been intended for him to obtain the ToC, he was ultimately selected. Also, it wasn't like he just showed up on all that was happening half way through Ganon's rise to power, he was there basically from the start. The events that took place brought both Link and Zelda into play before they event knew who they were. There also weren't multiple people going after the ToC, which, to me, says that there can only be one person expected to gain the ToC if there isn't already someone with it.

In this case, that person would be the Hero of Time. Since he should still be around and alive in the Adult Timeline, then he should be the one expected to have the ToC and stop Ganon. But since he isn't around, but still alive, a new ToC bearer could not be either born or made.

Same would go for Zelda. Assuming all this happens and two Zeldas are in existance, the new Zelda cannot have the ToW until the old Zelda is at least deceased.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I know, but the Godesses have never missed out on creating a new ToC bearer before. The only once instance of a Link not being connected by blood to a past Link was in WW. Even though it may have never been intended for him to obtain the ToC, he was ultimately selected. Also, it wasn't like he just showed up on all that was happening half way through Ganon's rise to power, he was there basically from the start. The events that took place brought both Link and Zelda into play before they event knew who they were. There also weren't multiple people going after the ToC, which, to me, says that there can only be one person expected to gain the ToC if there isn't already someone with it.

In this case, that person would be the Hero of Time. Since he should still be around and alive in the Adult Timeline, then he should be the one expected to have the ToC and stop Ganon. But since he isn't around, but still alive, a new ToC bearer could not be either born or made.

i still dont get how this means that my game taking place 120 years after OoT couldnt work....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom