• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Remakes

Which game would you like remade?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Spirit Tracks

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Skyward Sword

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
I second this. I like Skyward Sword as it is, but I would much rather play it with a controller than with Wii Motion Plus.

How'd you convert the motion controlled sword fighting to a controller though? No matter which way I think about it, it seems awkward.

How'd you convert the motion controlled sword fighting to a controller though? No matter which way I think about it, it seems awkward.
I don't know. I'm trying to think of a way to make it work, but it would just end up being awkward, like you said.

Djinn

and Tonic
I want a remake of Zelda II, if anything just to have a reasonably playable version that is not hindered by limited design. Just improve the controls so the sliding is down to a minimum, jumping is more accurate, and fighting enemies with shields is not a crouch+jump+stab nightmare of perfected timing. Lengthen the sword some so that it has range enough to fight things outside of your own hitbox, and while they are at it improve the villager text so that you actually have a much better impression of what to do and where to go.

If there is any added content to the game I would want it in the villages. Change around their text to coherent speech, maybe add in some story flavor, and give them a variety of things to say that clue you into places to go and where secrets can be found.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've never been super keen on the idea of remakes, so I voted for none. However, if I did have to choose, I'd probably go for Zelda II. There are so many things they can do to improve this game. It's definitely the black sheep of the series, which is a shame because even if it is ridiculously hard and I've never come even close to beating it, I know that it is a good game if you can get around the difficulty, with many things contributing to its overall decent quality.

For one thing, it has a massive world, arguably the biggest in the series (to put it into perspective, the entire world of The Legend of Zelda fits into just a small corner of this map). If they were to remake the game, I would want it to be a 3D game, or pseudo-3D kinda like ALBW. Side scrolling doesn't really work for Zelda. I can see Zelda II being a fantastic game if it is done with either a top-down or behind-the-back perspective. They could totally change the gameplay of the game while still keeping the large overworld, dungeons, towns, enemies, story, etc. Remove the side-scrolling aspect, improve the graphics immensely, improve NPC dialogue and make character interactions more interesting, make the plot more clear, make the game longer, etc, all the while keeping it as the same game. It's totally doable and it has the potential to be an incredible game.

I don't see this happening anytime soon though, which is alright, it's not a necessity. Would definitely be cool though.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm very glad that the majority voting in the poll have chosen “none”. I too am of the same mindset.

Remakes aren't bad, it's just when the remakes are getting unecessary that is when I personally feel they are bad.

A remake should only be done if the game deserves it. Skyward Sword isn't even that old, if it got remade in 2 years I'd label that an unecessary remake. The graphic of the game should feel dated, and the technology to overhaul it should be available, first and foremost. If the graphics can't be overhauled to look much better than the game shouldn't be remade, it's that simple.

There should be add-ons to the orginal game. Not rushed add-ons that don't mesh well with the orginal product, I want them to mesh well, yet feel new and well executed.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'd really like to see A Link to the Past get remade! It's such a good old game that still holds up really well! Though I guess A Link Between Worlds is almost a remake of it, isn't it? ^^;;

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Remakes generally waste development resources that could be going to new games. A simple port of old games is all I desire. Please keep the new content rolling.

Phantom hourglass, but remade into a 3d game, none of this horrific straight-line sailing and stylus control for every single action.

If PH was remade in 3D with no other changes (like still having to repeat the TOTK every time) it'd still be a better game than it is now. And if they did fix that god awful temple then I think it'd be a worthy sequel to WW, the sequel it was meant to be because the characters, world and story still had the WW charm and it had some great ideas that I'd love to see in a 3D game like stopping time mid fight (which would work great on the gamepad) and the 3 fairies for different sword powers.

Problem is, as much as PH was a worthy successor (or would have been) to WW it just didn't look or feel like one.

Phantom hourglass, but remade into a 3d game, none of this horrific straight-line sailing and stylus control for every single action.

If PH was remade in 3D with no other changes (like still having to repeat the TOTK every time) it'd still be a better game than it is now. And if they did fix that god awful temple then I think it'd be a worthy sequel to WW, the sequel it was meant to be because the characters, world and story still had the WW charm and it had some great ideas that I'd love to see in a 3D game like stopping time mid fight (which would work great on the gamepad) and the 3 fairies for different sword powers.

Problem is, as much as PH was a worthy successor (or would have been) to WW it just didn't look or feel like one.
I don't dislike PH, but I think it would be 10 times better as a full 3D game. It had lots of good ideas that would be good if executed right.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Both Zelda II and A Link To The Past. Zelda II because it deserves a re-imagining, so maybe it will become more popular, and A Link To The Past, because it's a great game. I know A Link Between Worlds is pretty similar, but just remake the game to look better, and have some extra content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom