• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Top "5" Favorite Consoles?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I am sorry if there is a thread similar to this I did look through the section...

So a simple thread just rank your Top 5 favorite consoles! Of course it is your opinion and if you haven't played 5 consoles just rank the console's you have played :P Have fun Guy's!

I'll start off:

1. PlayStation 2

2. PlayStation 1

3. N64

4. Nintendo GBA

5. GameCube/Xbox 360 cant decide :/

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
1. SNES - Really when most people answer the question "When was the golden age of gaming", the answer is usually the console they played at around age 10.
2. NES - My first console and the one I probably play the most. I appreciate that after 25 years 1) it still works and 2) it still kicks my ***. Yay nostalgia
3. XBox 360 - Mostly on the merit of XBLA, which I love
4. PS2 - The PS2 slim may be the best console redesign ever
5. TurboGrafx 16 - I never owned one, but I enjoyed a lot of the titles on this short-lived gem, including Rondo of Blood, my favorite Castlevania game.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
1. N64
2. SNES
3. Gamecube
4. Playstation 2
5. Playstation 3

Can't say if I like the Wii U enough for being in my top 5, considering I don't own one yet.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
1: N64

The N64 has to be -hands down- the best system, in my opinion. I love the games, I love the graphics, and I love the feel of the controller.
It's number one in my book.

2: Gamecube

To put it simply, The Gamecube has really great games, and I find myself playing it more than any others. Probably because I have many games that don't exactly "end" or are fun enough to keep playing them over and over. (By "end" I mean games like Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Mario Tennis, and the chao raising feature in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - SA2:cool: The only reason the Gamecube doesn't beat the N64, is because I like the "nostalgia" feeling of the graphics of the N64..... though, keep in mind I never played an N64 or any of its games until after I had a Wii... (I bought the N64 at a Flea Market)

3: Playstation (one)

Again, nostalgia strikes with this one. Only, in a different sense, because I ACTUALLY PLAYED this as a child. This is the first system I remember playing actively, where I didn't only play one or two games on. This is where my horizon started to broaden, with games like Spyro, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bash, Tekken 3, Mortal Kombat, and this one Muppets game I always played on this demo- I played a LOT of demos from Playstation Magazine.

4: NES

Simply put- It's a classic. You can't argue with the classics. If it weren't for this baby, we wouldn't have some of the things we have today. Without the NES, I wouldn't be posting this, because there would be no Zelda to have a Dungeon of. And I would truly not be the person I am now without the NES and especially without Zelda.

5: Wii/Playstation2

I group the Wii with the PS2, because I like 'em both the same. Or close enough anyway.
I can't say I want to seem Nintendo-bias here, but I kind of am- un-intentionally. I just tend to like the stuff Nintendo makes, more than any others.
But the Zelda factor does kind of boost my love for Nintendo... or rather- that's to be expected.

I like the Wii, because it has games I love. I love Mario Kart, Brawl, and especially Twilight Princess. I personally like it better on the Wii. I like the map better, and I like the controls better, and the quick-button inventory capacity is fabulous, and all the signs and symbols are CORRECT on the Wii version of the game. If you play the Gamecube version, you will see that the Deku symbol is incorrect. It is flipped. Why is it flipped? I had a huge thread on it a good while ago.... nobody really knows....

I like the PS2 just as much as the Wii, because it has a lot of my favorite games, as does the Wii. Okami, being one of my Favorite PS2 games, was later put on the Wii after a good many years, so it's on both systems... (MUCH better on Playstation 2 though- since they changed so much stuff on Wii release) Though, I really like the PS2 mostly for Phantasy Star Universe and Dance Dance Revolution games. I also really like Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelists of the Roses and Tetris Worlds. Oh! and Draken: The Ancient's Gates.

Anyway, those are the best systems to me so far. I won't put Wii U on this list until there are more games for it, and it's been played enough.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is totally based on nostalgia and opinions but:
1. Nintendo 64
2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
3. Nintendo 3DS (includes DS since it can play DS games)
4. Wii U (includes Wii since it can play Wii games)
5. Gameboy Advanced

Guys! he said consoles not handhelds!

1. PS2 (it was my FIRST system )

2. Wii ( it has some of my fav games like Brawl and TP )

3. SNES ( not for nostalgic at ALL, I just love the SNES )

4. NES ( same as the SNES )

5. Wii U (I dont own one, but have played one, and with SSB4 comming out, it has to take 5 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom