• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

• Does anyone know how to sneak past sound-types? I have tried everything and can't. Is there special equipment needed, or am I just crazy?
If it is anything like XC then you just have to walk really really slowly past them so you do not alert them with footsteps. If not then it's different in XCX.

When would be a good time to change divisions?

Or are the differences minor enough that it doesn't matter?
Q: When would be a good time to change divisions?
A: Anytime you can afford it. There is no penalty or downaide to any division choice, only the cash cost to change.

Q:Are the differences minor enough that it doesn't matter?
A: Rather minor. All divisions add up for the same division point total. Almsot everything you do gives division points. Each division just gives you a bonus to the division points for doing a couple of things. One division gives mroe division points for killing things, another for quests, etc etc and others again for a combination of things, the division discriptions explain which activities give more division points for each division.
The stat boost is only for multiplayer and when you hire another avatar for help. When you hire them you get their stat boost from whatever division they choose.

So in short there is no penalty apart from the cash cost to swap divisions so just pick the ones that give more division points for whichever activity you are farming at the current point in time.
Division points are important but which division you are to get them does not matter at all.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Where the heck os the affinity mission "renewed faith" (I think that's the title" that you have to do before starting chapter5?
It's either in the residential or industrial district.
Your map will have all of the Affinity Quests listed, just click on the hexagons with the pieces of paper on them.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Where the heck os the affinity mission "renewed faith" (I think that's the title" that you have to do before starting chapter5?

Commercial district, in front of some bakery.

It's a subjective thing for sure, and I certainly agree with you that Xenoblade had above average music. But I can't really say that I 1.) Consider it to be so above any other game ever that it's at the top of the list of things I look for in the successor, and 2.) That the lack of it is enough to warrant a fairly negative perception on that area of the game in light of said absence.

But again, this is just me personally trying to explain why I find the more redeeming qualities of X to be of more importance than the story and music, which are factors that so many other games, and especially RPGs, have really nailed in the past.

Although I am curious as to what your favorite tracks from the original are. The ones that stood out to me the most were the battle themes with the mechanical undertones, which were very much appropriate given the main theme of the game and weren't exactly something I had ever heard from another JRPG. I'm not going to say that anything else was lacking exactly, just that I think music in other games capture the feelings of certain moments more (For example, "The Price of Freedom" from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. It is the single most emotional song I've probably ever experienced in a video game, to go along with one of the most emotionally moving and powerful experiences I've ever had in a video game).

I'd have to go back and listen to them again to give you specific ones. But I remember hearing the music in the Nopon Village, for example, and just leaving it on in the background because I felt it captured the feel of the area so well. The mountain at night as well. Beautiful music.

I wouldn't say I'm knocking X because the music isn't as good as the Xenoblade. I'm knocking the music, in parts, because it sucks. The music in NLA is just bad. The battle music loses all its intensity when the guy starts rapping. And it is a shame because the Primordia Theme is fantastic. In fact, all of the ambient music is good, sans the NLA themes.

I just got to the 3rd continent, and I'm enjoying the day-time music there as well.

SIDE NOTE

Can we please talk about Tatsu and what a terrible character he is? What purpose does he serve? He isn't a playable character. He doesn't contribute to ANYthing. He isn't funny. He ruins what small serious moments are in the game. The food jokes stopped being funny after the 2nd time. It's little details like Tatsu that keep this game from being 100/100.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
That's dumb, you're telling me that my avatar NEVER gets a haircut? If that's true, I'll be very disappointed.

Yeah, I really dislike it. They added a ton of customization (all the way up to basically allowing yourself to be Piccolo) yet you can't access it at all afterwards.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
That's dumb, you're telling me that my avatar NEVER gets a haircut? If that's true, I'll be very disappointed.
What other game lets you change your avatar after the customization process? If you've just now started playing it, then you could create a new file, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

---

How the hey do you take screenshot on a Wii U?

SIDE NOTE

Can we please talk about Tatsu and what a terrible character he is? What purpose does he serve? He isn't a playable character. He doesn't contribute to ANYthing. He isn't funny. He ruins what small serious moments are in the game. The food jokes stopped being funny after the 2nd time. It's little details like Tatsu that keep this game from being 100/100.

This is one of the two things that I don't understand so far. The food jokes weren't even funny the second time, and he's starting to push into "Jar Jar territory" with how much he's featured. If he gets more relevance in the plot later on, fine, but as it is, I completely agree that he might be the worst part of the game so far.

The other thing I don't get is how they're very specific that Lin in 13 years old and constantly remind the player of that.

First of all, I don't think I've ever met a 13 year old girl that looks that mature. Even by JRPG standards, 13 is a little young to be wielding a massive shield and gatling gun with such proficiency, usually they're at least 15 or something.

Second of all, I'm not buying the whole prodigy genius thing at, again, 13 years old. I was lucky to have that kind of mental maturity (and I use the term very loosely) at 18, let alone 13. Again, I'm used to the whole teen hero and everything, but games usually don't beat you over the head with how unrealistically young they are, whereas this one does.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
First of all, I don't think I've ever met a 13 year old girl that looks that mature. Even by JRPG standards, 13 is a little young to be wielding a massive shield and gatling gun with such proficiency, usually they're at least 15 or something.
Well, technically she might be able to do this because she's a
cyborg of sorts
so she should be able to handle that load.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
There's no excuse to not allow me to change my character's hair. It's so basic, how'd they look over that detail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom