• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Just beat the game again last night. It felt uber-satisfying to thrash the final bosses with my Overdrive build as opposed to the first time where I relied on a team of Skells. Always go in prepared. Post-game I'm going to finish up raising affinity and making an Ares 90 for the Super Tyrants before laying the game down.

X is the kind of game that I'm glad to get hyped over, and while it isn't perfect MonolithSoft delivered an excellent adventure for a console that'll die out next year, sadly. The emphasis on survival felt particularly well-done, with BLADE working together as a team to cement humanity's (and xenoform's) habitation on Mira. And to think that all of this was made on a limited budget; if their bank was fuller (cutscenes are expensive) then X might've been able to maintain the epicness of Chapter 12 from the very start.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
That last Q shot is the best angle of all of them. How are you getting rid of the HUD elements? That's amazing. Also, do you have a Skell yet in the game? It seems a lot of your pictures are taken at ground level.

You can take out all of the HUD from the menu. And I took them from ground level because if you zoom in all the way out of a Skell, you can actually go into what I call pseudo first-person view.

I actually took better screens of the Q in a subsequent playthrough, and I'll post those later today. I'll be looking for the Saldr today/tomorrow.

You can take out all of the HUD from the menu. And I took them from ground level because if you zoom in all the way out of a Skell, you can actually go into what I call pseudo first-person view.

I actually took better screens of the Q in a subsequent playthrough, and I'll post those later today. I'll be looking for the Saldr today/tomorrow.
Yeah I know what you mean, on the first person thing. I just almost never do it, so I forgot about it. Also, heh... to me this game is all about the skells, baby! So once I got them I spent precious little time on foot, and that only got worse once I got an awesome 50 (and later a 60) frame skell. Though honestly, I think the Ares looks really really dumb and I don't really wanna fly one.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
It looks like you took those along the shores of that sand bar that connects from Seabirds Beak to Primordia Waters, am I correct?

Yep. That is a really good place to get Qs. Plus at my level, they don't bother me at all. And you can't beat that view, man. With the sunset, and the moons on the water. If wish there were a place like that in our world lol ... I'll give Monolith that, they created an incredibly beautiful world.

Yeah I know what you mean, on the first person thing. I just almost never do it, so I forgot about it. Also, heh... to me this game is all about the skells, baby! So once I got them I spent precious little time on foot, and that only got worse once I got an awesome 50 (and later a 60) frame skell. Though honestly, I think the Ares looks really really dumb and I don't really wanna fly one.

I pretty much only use Skells too, but you miss out on a lot that way.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm having a bit of a time taking a good shot of the mechs that are level 50+. They aggro me pretty quickly, and I can't afford to not be in a Skell. I'm going to keep trying, but that last one may take a while.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
So
Calore, the Lava Walker... I need to kill him to get the level 5 skills, in order to get the best weapons in the game. But he's incredibly hard at my level.

Do I wait until I'm level 60 to try again? Are there level 60 Skells?

So
Calore, the Lava Walker... I need to kill him to get the level 5 skills, in order to get the best weapons in the game. But he's incredibly hard at my level.

Do I wait until I'm level 60 to try again? Are there level 60 Skells?
There are absolutely level 60 skells, and there are a few ways you can get some.
One, beat the game and receive the blueprints for them, then farm components or buy them with reward tickets. Much of it is Ze-dom parts, so... yeah. Reward tickets. Also, if you have affinity with Alexa and complete her missions, you'll be given the blueprints for the Excavator skell, and the materials to craft it. They are much easier to make. You can grind Support Missions from the Blade console in the barracks to increase affinity faster (about 1/3 to 1/4 of a heart per mission).

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
There are absolutely level 60 skells, and there are a few ways you can get some.
One, beat the game and receive the blueprints for them, then farm components or buy them with reward tickets. Much of it is Ze-dom parts, so... yeah. Reward tickets. Also, if you have affinity with Alexa and complete her missions, you'll be given the blueprints for the Excavator skell, and the materials to craft it. They are much easier to make. You can grind Support Missions from the Blade console in the barracks to increase affinity faster (about 1/3 to 1/4 of a heart per mission).

Well, I think I broke the game. I fought Vita and lost (not surprising, I'm strong enough to last, but the rest of my squad is woefully weak), but now I can't leave to get my Skells repaired. I loaded a game, but I had already started the Last Mission, and I can't abandon it to take on Aleksa's Affinity Quests. This is one aspect of the game I find completely unforgivable: you can't have more than one save file, and you can't load a game—you have to exit out to the main screen and then come back in. Not terribly happy with this.

But I have a plan. I'll go in on foot. Get killed three times, THEN, when the game lowers the difficulty of the battle, attack it in my Skells.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A few tips, Crimson.

If you're able to leave the Lifehold Core after reloading the game, then take your party members to a place with high-level enemies and level up there. The Divine Roost in Noctilum and the waters below Jair Fortress in Oblivia (easternmost region) are some of the best spots for this. Make sure to bring your best class build, too; the Vita and the second foe are able to be toppled, so you can use something like Assault Hammer (assault rifle attack). If you can, apply augments to your avatar and team's weapons/armor to boost their stats. That should be enough for a smooth victory.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Yeah, the final boss is bull****. I think that's what I also did, was wait til the level was lowered. I remember making a post about it when I first did it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
A few tips, Crimson.

If you're able to leave the Lifehold Core after reloading the game, then take your party members to a place with high-level enemies and level up there. The Divine Roost in Noctilum and the waters below Jair Fortress in Oblivia (easternmost region) are some of the best spots for this. Make sure to bring your best class build, too; the Vita and the second foe are able to be toppled, so you can use something like Assault Hammer (assault rifle attack). If you can, apply augments to your avatar and team's weapons/armor to boost their stats. That should be enough for a smooth victory.

Good stuff. Thanks. I'll do that. In fact, I started to do just that. I loaded, and quickly did an about-face and left for NLA to take on some new quests. I'm finishing up some of the ones I had started, with the Nopon fireworks, or some such nonsense. I just need XP, and I don't care how I get it.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The support missions in the blade barracks are a godsend, too. Money, Miranium, EXP, Affinity, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom