• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I disagree. It fit the whole exploration vibe of a foreign planet to a T. Black Tar is extremely hated for the Nu-metal stylization and arguably bad lyrics (they had to be modernized with development), but it still emphasized the game's theme of survival. NLA is a ritzy, "jive" town modeled after the titular city. How Sawano incorporated the music in some areas is offsetting, yet he knew how to handle the groundwork. No other composer would have nailed it as ambitiously as he did, really (well, maybe Go Shiina).

Well, opinions and all that.

I thought the music tried too hard, and it failed miserably. None of the modern, edgy musical themes worked. The ambient overworld themes were fantastic, but any time they tried for whatever Black Tar and NLA themes are supposed to be, they failed miserably.

Aside from that, I'm still on my first playthrough closing in at 210 hours. I need to beat the game, but I'm having a hard time being able to stop exploring and just play the game. I'd like to complete as much of it as I can, with as high level character as I can, then do a second playthrough with a more focused approach.

It's a shame because I like the music for the various locations a great deal, each one does an excellent job. It just serves as a comparison to the lyrical songs, and makes their jarring implementation all that more apparent. I think the utmost worst offender is Don't Worry, because the lyrics kick in right as you're really beginning to see the entire world sprawl out before you, and it absolutely razed all the immersion that had been building up to that point.

Salem

SICK
I kind of like not having Skells too. Don't get me wrong, I think Skells are amazing. But there is still a lot of magic in exploring on foot. Being forced to not have the option in the start of the game made me not have Skells, and I had a ton of fun. So I am very happy I restarted.
I prefer to fight on ground as well, Ether Blossom Dance all the way.;)

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
It's a shame because I like the music for the various locations a great deal, each one does an excellent job. It just serves as a comparison to the lyrical songs, and makes their jarring implementation all that more apparent. I think the utmost worst offender is Don't Worry, because the lyrics kick in right as you're really beginning to see the entire world sprawl out before you, and it absolutely razed all the immersion that had been building up to that point.

I agree. For example, the Sylvalum theme is my absolute favorite. Both night and day themes are wonderful.

I can't get into the combat of this game. I know there is a way to make it deeper and more fulfilling, but I find it really shallow, to be honest. I've never had to go into overdrive to not lose a battle. Maybe I'm over-leveled? Who knows.

Salem

SICK
I can't get into the combat of this game. I know there is a way to make it deeper and more fulfilling, but I find it really shallow, to be honest. I've never had to go into overdrive to not lose a battle. Maybe I'm over-leveled? Who knows.
If you're only talking about story chapters and some of the normal missions and stuff, then yeah it's easy, but there's a lot of post-game enemies that require good builds to win.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
For me, toppling an enemy and using True Stream Edge during Overdrive makes the fight a ton of fun. Like, "holy crud why couldn't Overdrive work like this in the first run-through" kind of fun. But Ether Blossom Dance is pretty popular; I should look into it next time I'm on.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
If you're only talking about story chapters and some of the normal missions and stuff, then yeah it's easy, but there's a lot of post-game enemies that require good builds to win.

I don't doubt that, and actually that worries me because I've been doing pretty well without the need to really learn the Arts and combos. And I'm sure once I get into the level 80+ enemies, I'm going to get swatted around like a fly.

When I get back into this game which is hopefully soon, I want to try out the inf overdrive build. I don't like how overdrive warps you into the void in terms of how the game looks while you are in overdrive mode, but that build looks fun.

Salem

SICK
When I get back into this game which is hopefully soon, I want to try out the inf overdrive build. I don't like how overdrive warps you into the void in terms of how the game looks while you are in overdrive mode, but that build looks fun.
Yeah, I feel the same way about the Skell cockpit view.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I like many songs in XCX, like most of the continent music, specially Sylvalum. But most of other songs are kinda medicore, such as battle theme, with exception of Uncontrollable. Flight theme is probably my least favorite song in game, it kinda ruins the feel of flying. NLA themes are ok, I guess.

I have been taking a break from my game, because my game is bugging a little bit and it worries me. Last time I was playing I couldn't exit my Skell at all and when I was falling in my Skell it didn't let me fly and just dropped it in ground.
I also have kinda problem, since I kinda don't want to move in story yet, but it seems that I have to, since I have nothing to really do otehr than grind for affinity which is boring with bad missions.
I have explored every continent about 80 %, expect Cauldros with 70%. Many of the Tyrants have too much HP or Defense or just are plainly too powerfull for me to defeat even with four Level 50 Skell.
I may try to play it again tommorrow or little later because my summer vacation started yesterday.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Not a big fan of the vocal battle tracks, barring Black Tar's foot battle theme and Uncontrollable. (Black Tar reminds me of the Knuckles rap themes from the Sonic Adventure days, and they're a huge guilty pleasure of mine). I can honestly say I enjoy the day themes a lot more than the night themes, with the exception of Sylvalum's night theme.

I haven't really touched Xenoblade Chronicles X since February. I played it to death in December and started getting a little tired of it toward the middle of January, especially after Chapter 11 when the game breaks its immersion factor hard. I seriously questioned why we had a customizable avatar in the first place after that.

Cockpit view drives me absolutely nuts. It always seems to happen when I'm trying to reposition for a better attack or a damage bonus.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I haven't really touched Xenoblade Chronicles X since February. I played it to death in December and started getting a little tired of it toward the middle of January, especially after Chapter 11 when the game breaks its immersion factor hard. I seriously questioned why we had a customizable avatar in the first place after that.

Absolutely. It's probably my biggest complaint about the game. Yeah, yeah, the music and all that, but that can be overlooked, to be honest. But it felt like giving us a voice to choose from, and then have the character mute was really foolish. My immersion-breaking moment happened way before this though.

The moment your arm gets ripped off and you're screaming, except you're not screaming because no one voiced the scream (I think it was Chapter 3 or 4), that was the end of the "immersion" for me. Okay, it was a big moment. You find out you're not a human at all. That should have been a "OMG WOW!" moment, but because you're character is writhing in pain, but not making a single sound, it just looked ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom