• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Woo, got my smell and instantly got it blown up during the spy games quest....

Anyway. Pleaaaaaaase tell me that the cute white cat girl thing joins your party!
Keep an eye on your health bar and dismount from your Skell if it gets too low. It's better to restart from a checkpoint than it is to lose your Skell and have to reimburse it (those three insurances can go by before you know it).

And yes, you can play as Celica later on. The affinity quest, called New in NLA, is rather tough to beat. But Celica is one of the best side companions to have, especially once she's maxed out on her skills and arts.

Keep an eye on your health bar and dismount from your Skell if it gets too low. It's better to restart from a checkpoint than it is to lose your Skell and have to reimburse it (those three insurances can go by before you know it).

And yes, you can play as Celica later on. The affinity quest, called New in NLA, is rather tough to beat. But Celica is one of the best side companions to have, especially once she's maxed out on her skills and arts.

Awesome, she is surprisingly cute for an anthro character.

Yeah, I got shot in the back, plummeted into a chasm, ejected as I hit the ground but got killed in the explosion. It was sad :(

Actually, nevermind what I said about Celica, her unmasked face is derpy and pretty creepy :\

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Fetch quests in most games suck because the games never tell you specifically where to go fetch the items. They just give you a rough location one quarter the size of the entire game and basically tell you "Good luck, you'll need it, Hahaha!" The quests themselves don't suck, it's the fact that the games on purpose make you search overly massive areas to find the items.

That's exactly right. I was on a different message board, and when someone mentioned this very point, he/she got flamed to death. It really is frustrating to have to find 6 of a very rare item that only spawns in caves, for example, and just say "Find 6 xxx in Noctilum" ... after hours (literal hours) of searching, I look online and discover they're only found in caves. I mean, great. It's how I discovered Rockmole Burrow, after all, so it wasn't all bad. But the point is, how in the world was I supposed to know that?

I've had the skell flight module for a while now, and it's made me appreciate the game even more. This game has really done a good job conveying the sense of progression and steady power that the player receives; at the start, I can't even imagine exploring half of a continent within a day, or even take down a monstrous level 15 enemy. Now, I can fly across entire continents no problem and take down level 50 enemies with my decked out battle armor. It really makes you appreciate exploring through the air when you've been on foot for so long.

That in mind, I finally decided to check out the top part of Noctilium. That waterfall was completely impossible to scale without the flight module, so I was interested to see what was up there. It was pretty startling when I made it to the top. It was at night and raining for me, so the music and how bare everything looked was a stark contrast to the world below the waterfall. The "Divine Roost" was what it was called, and after finding out that it was a level 5 probe at the top and level 60 enemies that decimated one of my skells pretty quickly, I fell back in a heartbeat.

Did some searching online for what the point of the "Divine Roost" was..... Pretty glad I didn't think to explore the skies above, haha. I doubt I'll ever have the firepower needed for a level 99 superboss.

Yeah, that place has great music. But you bring up a good point about the flight module. It really opens up the world and lets you see the entire game in a different light.

My one issue with flying is that I tend to just fly all of the time. I used to stop to smell the roses, but now I find myself rushing to and from areas because I can.

I feel like I need to go back and really take my time and explore. There are so many areas that I'm still discovering even after being in an area a bunch of times. I never realized I skipped things because I just didn't. And flying makes it easier to glance over things.

So I guess what I'm saying is, just because you can fly, don't forget to get down and walk around once in a while.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
But they're so expensive :(

Also is there any way to carry more than 6000 miranium?

The best tip is to look at each FN site and pick the ones that (1) have the least revenue/mining and (2) are not forming chains with any other high-yield FN sites.

What I did is, whenever I found a C rank or below FN site for money and mining, I placed a storage probe. A ranks get either a mining probe or a research probe, to boost Miranium or credits, respectively. I also used some B rank sites for that.

But anything with like F and D or C and C or anything like that, plop a storage probe. Don't waste good mining or revenue spots with storage probes.

Right now, with that strategy, I'm raking in 27000 per tick. All my AMs are level 5, so I don't need any more than that. I only use it to refuel the Skells.

As far as getting money to be able to afford the Skells for your party members, adding research probes to high credit-earning FN sites makes a huge difference. I went from making around 5000 credits per tick to around 22000 per tick, just by messing with the research probes. I'm at about 7M credits right now.

The best tip is to look at each FN site and pick the ones that (1) have the least revenue/mining and (2) are not forming chains with any other high-yield FN sites.

What I did is, whenever I found a C rank or below FN site for money and mining, I placed a storage probe. A ranks get either a mining probe or a research probe, to boost Miranium or credits, respectively. I also used some B rank sites for that.

But anything with like F and D or C and C or anything like that, plop a storage probe. Don't waste good mining or revenue spots with storage probes.

Right now, with that strategy, I'm raking in 27000 per tick. All my AMs are level 5, so I don't need any more than that. I only use it to refuel the Skells.

As far as getting money to be able to afford the Skells for your party members, adding research probes to high credit-earning FN sites makes a huge difference. I went from making around 5000 credits per tick to around 22000 per tick, just by messing with the research probes. I'm at about 7M credits right now.

I hate fiddling with FrontierNav, so this helps a lot <3

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I hate fiddling with FrontierNav, so this helps a lot <3

Yeah, it was a bit confusing at first, and I was intimidated with it, but it works itself out if you set it up right.

As a disclaimer, I have not used combat probes at all, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that particular issue. The way I see it, until I'm trying to take on anything Level 75 or above, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "spoiler" (I don't think so), but later, there will be refueling probes, which will cause your Skell to refuel faster when you're not in it. I have not used those either.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "spoiler" (I don't think so), but later, there will be refueling probes, which will cause your Skell to refuel faster when you're not in it. I have not used those either.

They're completely useless from my experience. The refueling is still far too slow to be of any real use, let alone a substitute for using Miranium. Plus they take up a valuable probe spot which can absolutely be used for something better 99% of the time.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Xenoblade X (Wii U) Screen Shot 1:21:16, 7.37 PM.png

I just wanted to share this amazing view with you guys. I'm on top of the highest peak in Oblivia. It's not the highest point, but it is the highest peak. You can see the entire continent from here. This was during a heat wave, so the distance is a bit blurry because of the weather effects, but it's such a stunning view.

But they're so expensive :(

Also is there any way to carry more than 6000 miranium?
Later on in the game you can get more storage probes. You also get storage and booster probes from completing continents of the collectapedia. 3/5 of the continents collectapedia is doable without a skell anytime Chapter 4 onwards (skell not needed). The last 2 continents are almost completeable without a flying skell.

To have as much maximum miranium as you can you need to use all your storage probes, booster probes with your storage probes (adjacent to) and duplicator probes. Also remember that At the moment I have a touch more than 30k max miranium. Just remember to use the duplicator probes next to storage probes, not your bootster probes. Also if you can remember to get a bonus by using 3 of the same type of storage probe in a row.

Here is how I have my current set up:

WVW69i0jadURyRrguk

WVW69i0jbwgl43Rw6g

I only have:
  • Storage probe x4
  • Booster probe x2
  • Duplicator Probe x4
You can see them all there.
Past that you need to use your mining and research probes wisely. The other probes, like resistance and battle so far are junk and I do not use them.
What you need to realise first is any miranium mined over your max capacity is wasted so that's the number your aiming for. For me it's a touch over 30k. Then you need to start placing mining probes around the world. Try to get combo chains 3/5/8 in a row. I can't get an 8 in a row yet. Also try to put mining probes on nodes that have special minable resources. Best to get these done early so later on in the game when you need these resources you have them. Also you get the sell price once you have 99x of them and mine more. For some of them that's like 2.5k credits or more per tick each one. That's nice to have. For research probes just place the higher rank ones on the A research node sites. I swapped a few around to get a combo of 3 lower ranked ones. That gave me around 2k more credits per tick. Not all that much. Your cash made from research probes per tick only matter for a few quests. Past that just slowly let it accumulate. I don't have all that many research probes and have managed 50k per tick. Just remember to save all your booster and duplicator probes for the miranium storage. (apart from a couple of quests where you will max your credits per tick for one tick, then change it back to the most max miranium storage you can have.)

How to get more of these probes? Normal and story Quests, whole continent 100% in collectapedia and very rarely in yellow boxes you find in the field.

I have completed chapter 5 and have not started chapter 6. Just so you know what you can get this far into the game. I don't have a skell yet.

Here are come cat pictures I have taken in the game. For those cat fans out there.

WVW69i0hemw_ZdSaqn

WVW69i0hUPcTtTImFT

WVW69i0hP-0oTB3JsN

WVW69i0hDCYy5eP4tQ

Another cool cave I found - Rooney Cavern

WVW69i0edRQmhTJa-B

But the point is, how in the world was I supposed to know that?
Pure luck I guess. I used the printed collectors guide. But without a guide of some sort you'd never know this. They need more accurate discriptions of the locations of these items needed. I don't see this as a prely XCX issue as many other games do this as well. Developers in general need to avoid doing this as it's just lazy quest descriptors and jsut frustrate people. I'd rather ahve a 1 hour shorter game that is higher quality without mindless searching half the game for an item or two.

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Called the "Beachside Trove" in Oblivia. Close to FN 317. It's a tiny, easily missable cave entrance. The treasure requires level 5 Mechanical, so I'm assuming it's
a Super Weapon blueprint.

Xenoblade X (Wii U) Screen Shot 1:26:16, 8.33 PM.png

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Yeah but your party members always perfect eject and never waste insurance. That should put your mind at ease.

Party skells won't need to be replaced unless the player trashes them.

It's also my understanding that if your party member walks/drives the skell off a bottomless pit (i.e., Oblivia), it is also considered trashed. Of course, this would occur before you get the flight module.

I could be wrong about this, however.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It's also my understanding that if your party member walks/drives the skell off a bottomless pit (i.e., Oblivia), it is also considered trashed. Of course, this would occur before you get the flight module.

I could be wrong about this, however.
I have heard that also but I haven't verified it. (I have my flight module So I likely can't)
I've also heard that if the skell only has 1 insurance left, the insurance does get used anyway. (I haven't checked this one either)

Since each skell has its own insurance stat, I just sell the skell when the insurance runs out. (After removing all of the equipment first)
You get close to the amount you initially spent on the skell when you sell them (Not sure what the exact loss is but it should be enough to get another skell fairly quickly.) Skell insurance really hasn't been much of a hinderance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom