• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Keiko asked me to tone down on the images, so I will do just that.
Replying to bold: Yes, I think Deku would be more careful about starting a late counterwagon if he were scum. Funnier pointed this out to me earlier when he said Deku could have voted for a wagon with a vote on it already, like YIGA's. So this plants doubt in my mind about him being scum. Plus, like I said earlier, Deku was one of the first, if not the first, to point out Storm's change in reads after being pressured despite Deku not posting in the interim.
That is a fair point, I'll admit. The reads I've seen on people have been interesting so far, and I get the feeling most of them stem from past experiences with these players. I'll admit my thought process is a bit unorthodox compared to the rest, but that just means you have to learn and figure out my ways, doesn't it? Think of it like a mystery to solve.
Can you explain the jester read to me? I don't understand why you're getting it from.

Also, not sure why YIGAhim is on your list. It seems like you put him as a joke, but then you say he's "currently everyone's second-best suspect". What does that mean? The examples you use to clarify later only confuse me more.
Yiga brought up the possibilty of an independent role being in play in this game. EVAN has been pretty vague and sporadic with their posts. They also have a literally joking/sarcastic nature to them. I initially pressured them when they said "you may never know who I am" just to get a reaction, and as the posts went, he eventually said:
:fpalm: Watch, when I die you gonna regret it
This is what prompted me to hint and eventually bring up the possibility that they're the Jester. Reading between the lines here, statements like these generally read as highly scummy, but within the context of his posts, I get the feeling he's trying to unintentionally target himself so that we'd all vote him.

For the "second-best suspect," I was referring to the D1 discussion when I said that. I might have been mistaken in assuming everyone's on the same page as me, so that probably wasn't the best choice of words. Many people at the time thought he was being scummy, though with Storma's lynch, that seems to look less likely. However, karu and Ayano Keiko did bring up the possibility that scum could be throwing each other under the bus to appear innocent, which is why I'm still a bit wary of Yiga. He's mostly in it for the memes since my reasoning isn't that solid.
Confirmed town means that they will never receive a vote, making them worthless to keep around.

Sometimes I open my trap, but I thought for sure I would be toast otherwise, and if I were to die, you would all be really wishing I was around, so I really need some support right now going into night 2
You're really trying to get their attention, huh?
Without going into hardclaim detail, I have a very valuable role, and could come back with plenty of information tomorrow, so I ask any protective role to protect me. I also ask the Bus Driver to stay away from me if there is one. Got in a lot of role trouble by being "Protected" by a bus driver in a previous game.

Had I not said all of this, mafia would've been dumb to not vote me, as mafia should almost always vote out those who are confirmed town, but had I not said this I would not know how safe my information would be.
It would be impossible for them not to notice at this point. I'd be thrilled to get any information since we'll have something we can actually work with.

But... if you are what you say you are, wouldn't that mean you're sitting on info right now?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
But... if you are what you say you are, wouldn't that mean you're sitting on info right now?
Well, yes and no. Yes, because I have info that I am not sharing, but no because I have a perfectly valid excuse for not sharing it, which I believe everyone knows.

Ryuken, your posts seem off to me. It may be nothing, but I truly am reading you a bit scummy right now. What makes me think so:

- You have a very iffy position of me. "Now that I think about it" is a 50/50 card, and I just don't think you played it right.

- You are obviously trying for answers that I don't think town would really want/get. You clearly know that I am withholding information, and instead of doing a non suspicious thing and leaving that as it is, you try your luck and take a stab at that, knowing it may help you justify your ridiculous idea of me being scum.

- Bringing up a Jester could be an honest point at me to be careful, but it could also be a good way of trying to get a vote off of a scumbud. This is where things start to go really wrong for me. If you flip scum, the game's over.

school-shooting-3_997375i.jpg

Vote: Ryuken

Ryuken

Well, yes and no. Yes, because I have info that I am not sharing, but no because I have a perfectly valid excuse for not sharing it, which I believe everyone knows.

Ryuken, your posts seem off to me. It may be nothing, but I truly am reading you a bit scummy right now. What makes me think so:

- You have a very iffy position of me. "Now that I think about it" is a 50/50 card, and I just don't think you played it right.

- You are obviously trying for answers that I don't think town would really want/get. You clearly know that I am withholding information, and instead of doing a non suspicious thing and leaving that as it is, you try your luck and take a stab at that, knowing it may help you justify your ridiculous idea of me being scum.

- Bringing up a Jester could be an honest point at me to be careful, but it could also be a good way of trying to get a vote off of a scumbud. This is where things start to go really wrong for me. If you flip scum, the game's over.

latest

I know you may think that's what the Mafia wants, and it's true that more info for Town is more info for Mafia, but in my defense, this is how I am used to operating. Every curiousity has to be met, after all.
Plus, do recall that this is my first game of playing Mafia here. I even asked everyone if the Mafia can conspire behind the scenes in PMs throughout the Days and Nights since the games I used to play had them only conspiring at night.
I'm not familiar with the typical ratio of players in @Pendio 's games, but what I do know is that @HylianEVAN has been mostly quiet... not saying they're necessarily Town or Mafia because I have a couple questions I need to ask.
1) Do soft claims count as a claim? (Example: "I have an important role, please no lynch." Versus "I am "X," please no lynch.")
2) Are the Mafia able to conspire via group conversations throughout all days and nights?
This might seem like a noob defense, but it's the truth, and I stand by it.
If that's truly the case and the information you have won't benefit town at this point, then I will back off from my question and apologize for my mistake.
edgeworth-strained(a).gif

I should've remembered funnier6's tip about not pressing for info due to possible power block roles... dang it.

funnier6

Courage~

I don’t agree.

Unvote

Vote: Doc

Probably gonna look over things later but tbh I feel like we’ll figure out if Ryukens scum one way or another and I am very not sold on it.
latest

I know you may think that's what the Mafia wants, and it's true that more info for Town is more info for Mafia, but in my defense, this is how I am used to operating. Every curiousity has to be met, after all.
Plus, do recall that this is my first game of playing Mafia here. I even asked everyone if the Mafia can conspire behind the scenes in PMs throughout the Days and Nights since the games I used to play had them only conspiring at night.

This might seem like a noob defense, but it's the truth, and I stand by it.
If that's truly the case and the information you have won't benefit town at this point, then I will back off from my question and apologize for my mistake.
edgeworth-strained(a).gif

I should've remembered funnier6's tip about not pressing for info due to possible power block roles... dang it.
I think you’d find it easier if you didn’t have all the extra stuff going on in your posts with the court stuff but yeah I hope you learned your lesson. :P

Ryuken

I don’t agree.

Unvote

Vote: Doc

Probably gonna look over things later but tbh I feel like we’ll figure out if Ryukens scum one way or another and I am very not sold on it.

I think you’d find it easier if you didn’t have all the extra stuff going on in your posts with the court stuff but yeah I hope you learned your lesson. :P
jack_and_aaron_bro_hug__by_slayer_the_fox-dap6d5c.png
You seem like a pretty nice guy.

It seems the votes on Doc are starting to pile up. I want to see if anyone else votes for Deku before changing my vote.

funnier6

Courage~
jack_and_aaron_bro_hug__by_slayer_the_fox-dap6d5c.png
You seem like a pretty nice guy.

It seems the votes on Doc are starting to pile up. I want to see if anyone else votes for Deku before changing my vote.
You seem oddly adverse to my attempts to keep you alive. Or do I mean you seem to think I’m just being friendly? Anyway what’s up with that.

Ryuken

You seem oddly adverse to my attempts to keep you alive. Or do I mean you seem to think I’m just being friendly? Anyway what’s up with that.
I'm just saying that I like you and believe you're town-sided. You've been helping me this entire game, so I have no reason to think otherwise. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
So back to this, it’s quite possible you might get lynched Doc, why no vote yet?

Also how can you be suspicious and unsure simultaneously, does that mean you’re only suspicious of karu?

I fully expect to be lynched today. I don't think I'm going to be able to convince anyone otherwise. But I don't see why that should encourage me to vote? I will vote who I think deserves to be lynched, and I don't feel strongly about anyone yet. Chances are I won't be voting until the end of the day.

Also, by "unsure", I meant I couldn't get anything out of their posts. Karu has done more to contribute than them, so there's more to go off of. I'm not doing hot at reading into things, so I don't swing towards either one of those three.

Can you explain why specifically you want to focus on people off wagon yesterday?

I am focusing only on those who abstained, because any reason to suspect someone on board the lynch would be for reasons that I too am guilty of. I can't very well say I find you suspicious for voting Storma when you did while also voting Storma fairly late.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hmm... We'll see. If I am wrong, I will have been wrong gathering info for the future. I still feel like it's an act. You're very analytical, and the thought of you being mafia scares me.

My mind is still open to new ideas. Most likely, I will unvote when I see a new one, but right now, you're my suspect. If you flip scum, then Evan is the last remaining mafia and the game is over. If you are town, then the game continues. I think it's a safe bet to point my gun at a suspicious player and potentially get game ending information then to point my gun at some other suspicious character and learn nothing from their mafia flip (assuming they flip mafia).

:shrugs:

funnier6

Courage~
I fully expect to be lynched today. I don't think I'm going to be able to convince anyone otherwise. But I don't see why that should encourage me to vote? I will vote who I think deserves to be lynched, and I don't feel strongly about anyone yet. Chances are I won't be voting until the end of the day.

Also, by "unsure", I meant I couldn't get anything out of their posts. Karu has done more to contribute than them, so there's more to go off of. I'm not doing hot at reading into things, so I don't swing towards either one of those three.

I am focusing only on those who abstained, because any reason to suspect someone on board the lynch would be for reasons that I too am guilty of. I can't very well say I find you suspicious for voting Storma when you did while also voting Storma fairly late.
Why so defeatist. It should encourage you to vote because you don’t want to die and the obvious way to not die is to find someone who’s mafia and have then die instead cause otherwise you’re just sitting there letting yourself die and being unhelpful to town and who wants to do that? Oh well nobody’s suspicious woe is me is just sooooo not trying which is just frustrating.

Actually that’s exactly what you ought to do, if you’re town who was the third vote on storm that should make it even more likely that one of the two after would be scum, not less, to say you are guilty of the same would mean you are guilty of bussing which unless you are mafia is just not true.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Keiko asked me to tone down on the images, so I will do just that.

That is a fair point, I'll admit. The reads I've seen on people have been interesting so far, and I get the feeling most of them stem from past experiences with these players. I'll admit my thought process is a bit unorthodox compared to the rest, but that just means you have to learn and figure out my ways, doesn't it? Think of it like a mystery to solve.

Yiga brought up the possibilty of an independent role being in play in this game. EVAN has been pretty vague and sporadic with their posts. They also have a literally joking/sarcastic nature to them. I initially pressured them when they said "you may never know who I am" just to get a reaction, and as the posts went, he eventually said:

This is what prompted me to hint and eventually bring up the possibility that they're the Jester. Reading between the lines here, statements like these generally read as highly scummy, but within the context of his posts, I get the feeling he's trying to unintentionally target himself so that we'd all vote him.

For the "second-best suspect," I was referring to the D1 discussion when I said that. I might have been mistaken in assuming everyone's on the same page as me, so that probably wasn't the best choice of words. Many people at the time thought he was being scummy, though with Storma's lynch, that seems to look less likely. However, karu and Ayano Keiko did bring up the possibility that scum could be throwing each other under the bus to appear innocent, which is why I'm still a bit wary of Yiga. He's mostly in it for the memes since my reasoning isn't that solid.

You're really trying to get their attention, huh?

It would be impossible for them not to notice at this point. I'd be thrilled to get any information since we'll have something we can actually work with.

Alright. Thanks for the explanation.

But knowing Pendio, I highly doubt he put a role like jester in the game.

I don't think we need to be focusing on third party right now, if there is any. I find this whole tangent to be completely unnecessary right now.

I mean, you could be doing those things and be town. I know I'm guilty of unvoting Storm yesterday, so I'm not free of blame either, but I've been trying to game solve to make up for my own lackluster Day 1.

I'm leaning town on YIGA and funnier so I think there is a busser in you or Ayano if there is one. Your pressure vote strikes me as more suspicious than his vote after the claim.

I appreciate your honest response here, so I want to know how your opinion has developed on the people you suspected earlier and/or if your major suspicions have changed. There are about 18 hours left in the day so still good time to put in some work.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Why so defeatist. It should encourage you to vote because you don’t want to die and the obvious way to not die is to find someone who’s mafia and have then die instead cause otherwise you’re just sitting there letting yourself die and being unhelpful to town and who wants to do that? Oh well nobody’s suspicious woe is me is just sooooo not trying which is just frustrating.

Actually that’s exactly what you ought to do, if you’re town who was the third vote on storm that should make it even more likely that one of the two after would be scum, not less, to say you are guilty of the same would mean you are guilty of bussing which unless you are mafia is just not true.
I’m not trying to have a defeatist attitude, but I simply don’t have a strong suspicion worth voting. Of course I could accuse someone, but the underlying intention is going to be to save my hide. I don't feel strong enough about a single person to pursue them. Believe me, I'm trying.

And I get what you're saying about the votes. But I felt like my vote looked suspicious, especially after the Storm flip. Accusing someone else for a suspicious vote is hypocritical, because it is entirely possible they had the same line of reasoning as me. You're right though, it makes sense for mafia to bus their own.

I appreciate your honest response here, so I want to know how your opinion has developed on the people you suspected earlier and/or if your major suspicions have changed

I am no longer suspicious of Minish. I guess I'd give them a neutral read. Not much has changed other than I've given it more thought and taken a step back. My initial "accusation" was an immediate response that I don't stand by.

I do think that mafia is likely among karu, Ryuken, and HylianEVAN. At least one of them. However, I feel like Ryuken may be town leaning, because he's been pursuing YIGA and Deku (two people who are town leaning for most), when he could just as easily hopped on board against me.

For those on board with Storma's lynch, I'd say you, ALiT are the one I'm most suspicious of. This is weak and paranoid, but I don't think it's too farfetched for you to vote Storma early in the bandwagon of a scumbud. Especially considering you unvoted when it looked like town was going to let Storma's actions slide.

Hmm... We'll see. If I am wrong, I will have been wrong gathering info for the future. I still feel like it's an act. You're very analytical, and the thought of you being mafia scares me.

I'm flattered :`v`:

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
@Doc I feel that HylianEvan is a bad lynch for today as he gives us almost no information. Ryuken is trending up for me for his in depth posts and the back and forth I had with him earlier. That leaves karu who I haven't been able to read yet.

I understand your feelings towards my actions around the Storm wagon because that's how I feel towards you. It seemed like you were hesitant to endorse it, but then hopped on when it gained steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom