• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Ya know... I am getting a little nervous about Evan now that you brought up the possibility of Jester.

This post especially worries me. It was either An honest Evan confused about how he may have fooled me, or a jester playing dumb. I think I know a way of finding out though...

Evan describe to me the role of jester, and also claim your role (Hard preferably) and explain to me your thought process having been this role
I’m not dumb, I really didn’t know how I fooled you.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Ah, sweet computer keyboard. Okay down to business!

I want to know specifically what you find scummy about me? I understand why you find Evan and Ryuken scummy, but you never really explained why I lean scum to you.

I'm not active on the first days because the first part is RVS and then the rest, to me, is random finger-pointing that leads to the real discussions day 2. During the night phase I skimmed through day 1 and found Storma to seem town, and then as I read on he flipped scum. So I went back and looked into who protected him, who he went after, et cetera. Based on that research I made the conclusions:

town lean: funnier, Yiga, Ryuken
neutral/can't read yet: Alit, Evan, Ayano, Minish, DekuDeku, Sloth_Overlord_666 (whoever replaces him)
scum lean: doc

@DekuNut is always so freaking hard to read; and I get a feeling he might be town, but everybody has him leaning towards scum. But when I first started to play he was always scum, so I always assume he's scum. So for me to get the feeling he's town? I'm going with my gut on this one; I know he's busy but if he could pop in here I'd appreciate it. The reason I think Ryuken is town lean is because Pendio wouldn't put that many new players as scum, it's not very Pendio (is it? idk), and he's drawing a lot of attention to himself, something that a noob scum might do but in his case, I just think he's noob town.

I'll go back, again, and re-read, AGAIN, but nothing really sticks out to me from day 1 and day 2 so far. I'll post more during day 2, to please certain people. And I'm not voting unless I'm certain the person I'm voting for is scum; if I had to vote though, it's Doc.
U understand why I look scummy???
Man you guys jump to conclusions a lot lol

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Also, why on earth would mafia vote someone who’s practically confirmed town.
Confirmed town means that they will never receive a vote, making them worthless to keep around.

Sometimes I open my trap, but I thought for sure I would be toast otherwise, and if I were to die, you would all be really wishing I was around, so I really need some support right now going into night 2

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Alright time to switch back.
miles-zoom(a).gif

edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

Claiming a town sided role is literally the most pointless redundant thing in the entire world as it’s very, VERY unlikely that anyone would claim not town sided.
That wasn't the point of my post, though I can't blame you if you missed it. I'll just have to explain it on Day 3, I suppose, since I can't talk about it right now.
edgeworth-document(a).gif

Now for the list:
Doc- This seems to be everyone's suspect, and I can see why. The 180 on his stance of Storma was suspicious, and his D2 suspects don't quite align with everyone else. In fact, he still suspects me despite the fact I've explained my D1 actions multiple times. I have to ask, @Doc : Why did you say my posts haven't been saying much up till that point? Because I had already brought up DekuNut as a suspect and EVAN as a possible Jester.

Yigahim: This one's in here just for the memes, but he's currently everyone's second-best suspect. What I mean by memes is that in his post concerning this game, he talked about how long it would last and brought up a possible ratio for this game. Then he went on to say:
This info was useless, but it's good to know how much time we have
It might have been just to get heads spinning, but sometimes, scum like to troll like that.
edgeworth-pointing(b).gif

DekuNut: This one's my personal top suspect, and my vote's for them. Despite the piling suspicion on Storma, they decided to vote for me because of how I wasn't contributing much. I did say that I was going to No Lynch that day, but that wasn't enough for them. They were gonna stay that vote no matter what, which in my eyes looks like an excuse not to vote against their fellow Mafia, even when that person claimed a role that was clearly suspicious.

EVAN: The nature and manner in which they post gives me strong Jester vibes. Most often play dumb and try to unintentionally act as suspicious as possible in order to get people to vote for them. It's possible they're also Mafia, but if there was one person I would choose not to let die despite the circumstances, it would be this one.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Ok now I see how people would assume me being scum but I swear I didn’t know how I fooled YIGAHIM.

I won’t try to act weird. This is my first time playing this online so give me some slack guys lol but I’ll try to do better.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I will make a good thought out post and reads list today sorry I was working and sleeping all day yesterday lol I’ll be back in about 7 hours to post lol

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'll give it a thorough read and offer my thoughts on it tomorrow. Give me a sec to flip myself....
edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

And.....
miles-zoom(a).gif

There. That should do it.
miles-aha(d).gif

Mafia throwing each other under the bus... Doc and Deku being the most suspicious so far... Are there other suspects we can consider/eliminate?

I think Doc is more suspicious to me than Deku because Deku at least offered a thought process on why he found Storm suspicious, even though he didn't end up voting there. I want to see some more definitive stances from Ayano and Minish today. Ayano ended up voting for Storm, but only after his role claim. Minish was very hedgey, as I noted earlier. HylianEVAN is not really producing meaningful content, but it seems he's just a noob so I'll give him time. Not sure what you mean by eliminate here. If you mean eliminate from the suspects list, I think YIGA is solid town and funnier is also very likely town.

I recognize my vote can be suspicious, but I don’t consider it to be a complete 180. I established it was just to pressure a role claim because no progression was being made. The hypocrisy I was referring to was planning on reading into people who were defending Storm.

Also, referring to Funnier or YIGA’s question about my weak suspicion (that I’m too lazy to go back to quote). It is admittedly a weak suspicion and one that I was still trying to look into. But I was asked about suspicions and that was where my suspicions were at the time.

Okay. Well, your plan to extract a role claim worked, but I'm still not sold on the rest of your reasoning today. It reads like something you came up with after the fact. Do you have any opinion on the people on the Storm wagon? You said YIGA looked clear to you, which I can agree with, but your suspicions in the post I quote later are all people off Storm's wagon, so I take it you have reason to think mafia abstained from voting Storm?

I’m going to start off with giving a summary of each post you quote is more muddling than helpful and takes away from clearly seeing your thought process.

What’s rule of three again?

The summary is more so for me to understand what was going on. It helps me if I write out a sentence or two before coming to conclusions of my own. Rule of 3 means listing 3 people and one of them being scum with two town as scum.

Not really feeling the same. It honestly was an OMGUS reaction more than anything else, and while I still don't like that I was accused of throwing suspicion at YIGA and Deku wasn't, I can't say I find anything particularly scummy about Minish. If I had to more accurately say who I am suspicious of, it would be one of the other people who didn't vote at all yesterday. And Tristan is inactive and seeking a replacement, so I won't consider him.

So my current suspicions are karu, HylianEVAN, and Ryuken, because they didn't vote and avoided talking about Storma entirely yesterday (some didn't really talk at all). I am unsure how to feel about HylianEVAN and Ryuken at the moment. Ryuken has been active but his posts haven't been saying much, and HylianEVAN's posts are all over the place.

Can you explain why specifically you want to focus on people off wagon yesterday? You say they didn't talk about Storm yesterday, which is fair, but you also have to consider that two of them weren't around at EoD and the other said in thread he wanted to abstain from voting on Day 1.

Ah, sweet computer keyboard. Okay down to business!

I want to know specifically what you find scummy about me? I understand why you find Evan and Ryuken scummy, but you never really explained why I lean scum to you.

I'm not active on the first days because the first part is RVS and then the rest, to me, is random finger-pointing that leads to the real discussions day 2. During the night phase I skimmed through day 1 and found Storma to seem town, and then as I read on he flipped scum. So I went back and looked into who protected him, who he went after, et cetera. Based on that research I made the conclusions:

town lean: funnier, Yiga, Ryuken
neutral/can't read yet: Alit, Evan, Ayano, Minish, DekuDeku, Sloth_Overlord_666 (whoever replaces him)
scum lean: doc

@DekuNut is always so freaking hard to read; and I get a feeling he might be town, but everybody has him leaning towards scum. But when I first started to play he was always scum, so I always assume he's scum. So for me to get the feeling he's town? I'm going with my gut on this one; I know he's busy but if he could pop in here I'd appreciate it. The reason I think Ryuken is town lean is because Pendio wouldn't put that many new players as scum, it's not very Pendio (is it? idk), and he's drawing a lot of attention to himself, something that a noob scum might do but in his case, I just think he's noob town.

I'll go back, again, and re-read, AGAIN, but nothing really sticks out to me from day 1 and day 2 so far. I'll post more during day 2, to please certain people. And I'm not voting unless I'm certain the person I'm voting for is scum; if I had to vote though, it's Doc.

Hmm, okay, I can agree with the top and bottom of your list, except for Ryuken. I think you're clearing him too easily. I like the content I'm seeing from him in comparison to yesterday, but I'm not completely sold yet.

I've honestly been finding Deku scummier in recent games as well, regardless of alignment, so I am a bit wary of my own read on him, too. I remember making a long ISO on him a year or so ago claiming he was scum, only for him to flip town. It doesn't help that he's busy this game day. Still, I like that he at least had some progression on Storm in his ISO and pointed out Storm's reversal of reads on him.

I will be quoting a lot of posts, so brace yourselves, I guess. :sword:
7w4xK6I.gif

miles-normal(c).gif

I take it you're basing your reasoning on a lack of familiarity between EVAN and I, which is understandable. I already explained that I push for a No Lynch Day 1 regardless of suspicions because the Mafia games I used to play relied a tad bit more on information and trust than behavioral patterns. I am also quite unfamiliar with how everyone acts here, so I'm still trying to understand how this works. That is why I'm trying to narrow down my suspect list, and I'll explain them all later as well as who I believe is on the Town side. (Currently it's between Yiga, Doc, and/or Deku as Mafia, EVAN being a neutral role like Jester, and the rest being town, especially funnier6.)

In defense of karu, I agree with @Minish_Link that they have been trying to scumhunt like the rest of us. That is something to consider whenever you all come out with your list.

miles-crossed(c).gif

I understand from these two posts that the reason you find one suspicious over the other is due to their overall progression on Storma. It's plausible, I admit, but when I think about how EVAN reacted and voted for me when I pressured him with my thoughts, I get the feeling that Deku wouldn't just react this way and vote for me without a reason. You should also note that they stayed their vote despite the piling wagon and when Storma fell into my trap, role claiming.

miles-point(d).gif

karu and Ayana Keiko brought up the possibility that the Mafia could be throwing each other under the bus (Keiko citing a previous game):

I thought about this as well, which is why I asked earlier along with soft claiming if the Mafia are allowed to conspire with each other throughout the day/nights in PMs, which funnier6 decided not to answer when he responded to my post.

Either funnier6 thought I was stupid for asking that question or they thought I was luring them into a trap. Looking at how they responded to my 4D Chess post, the former does have a tiny bit of ground, but considering the amount of Mafia experience they have over me and how well-articulated they've been, I'm willing to believe the latter. (Side note: I find it a bit funny how funnier6 has been trying their best to defend me despite being a bit baffled at my behavior. I like em.)

It's a smart move, but I assure you that I did not mean for that question to be a trap: it was an honest question as this is my first game on the forums. I know some of you have your eyes on me (like Doc, EVAN, and A Link in Time), but I hope you realize now what else I was doing by asking that question. Might as well make it official at this point since some people (like Yiga) prefer I not be subtle:
miles-shrug(e).gif

I am claiming I am a town-sided role.

Replying to bold: Yes, I think Deku would be more careful about starting a late counterwagon if he were scum. Funnier pointed this out to me earlier when he said Deku could have voted for a wagon with a vote on it already, like YIGA's. So this plants doubt in my mind about him being scum. Plus, like I said earlier, Deku was one of the first, if not the first, to point out Storm's change in reads after being pressured despite Deku not posting in the interim.

Alright time to switch back.
miles-zoom(a).gif

edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

That wasn't the point of my post, though I can't blame you if you missed it. I'll just have to explain it on Day 3, I suppose, since I can't talk about it right now.
edgeworth-document(a).gif

Now for the list:
Doc- This seems to be everyone's suspect, and I can see why. The 180 on his stance of Storma was suspicious, and his D2 suspects don't quite align with everyone else. In fact, he still suspects me despite the fact I've explained my D1 actions multiple times. I have to ask, @Doc : Why did you say my posts haven't been saying much up till that point? Because I had already brought up DekuNut as a suspect and EVAN as a possible Jester.

Yigahim: This one's in here just for the memes, but he's currently everyone's second-best suspect. What I mean by memes is that in his post concerning this game, he talked about how long it would last and brought up a possible ratio for this game. Then he went on to say:

It might have been just to get heads spinning, but sometimes, scum like to troll like that.
edgeworth-pointing(b).gif

DekuNut: This one's my personal top suspect, and my vote's for them. Despite the piling suspicion on Storma, they decided to vote for me because of how I wasn't contributing much. I did say that I was going to No Lynch that day, but that wasn't enough for them. They were gonna stay that vote no matter what, which in my eyes looks like an excuse not to vote against their fellow Mafia, even when that person claimed a role that was clearly suspicious.

EVAN: The nature and manner in which they post gives me strong Jester vibes. Most often play dumb and try to unintentionally act as suspicious as possible in order to get people to vote for them. It's possible they're also Mafia, but if there was one person I would choose not to let die despite the circumstances, it would be this one.

Can you explain the jester read to me? I don't understand why you're getting it from.

Also, not sure why YIGAhim is on your list. It seems like you put him as a joke, but then you say he's "currently everyone's second-best suspect". What does that mean? The examples you use to clarify later only confuse me more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom