• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 13

Which Story is Best?

• DekuNut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • theothernavi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition
Week 13
A Diary Entry

Hey, guys it's time for this week's voting! I got 2 entries this week, thank you to both of you. Enjoy reading, don't forget to vote and enter next week if you want! ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DekuNut
Diary of a Wimpy Moblin

The world is oppressive. The People hate us, all but the lady pirates and great Lord Ganondorf. He is our savior, the one who will bring the Monsters and the Haters together in peace. He has sworn an oath to do so.
But... with this new hero, I believe that the Lord may be defeated. He has no idea who he is, but this boy radiates power like heat from a furnace.
I now believe that we may find peace without the Lord. Today, as I was on patrol, a young human girl by the name of Moe came up to me and started a casual conversation.
With ME, an ugly pig-beast.
She is human, but obviously not a Hater. I believe that, with more like her, we may end this without the Lord.
But who am I to tamper with tradition? My ancestors served him, as shall my descendents. We are slaves working for our own goal, and he is helping us. Long live Lord Ganondorf!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
theothernavi
From the Desk of Saria
April Twenty-First

Dear Diary: I am worried. Spring has arrived. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and the sun is shining brighter than ever. I know I should be happy, but I'm not. It has been nearly seven years since Link left us, and he still hasn't returned. Things were never the same after he left. The forest doesn't seem quite as lively and green as it did when he staggered out of his house each morning, a longing to fall back asleep in his eyes. I miss the moment we stood on the bridge separating Kokiri Forest from Hyrule Field, when I handed him the ocarina, which I'm certain he still treasures with all his heart. I even miss hearing Navi bother us both constantly. It's almost like a day in winter, when you hope and pray that the snow will melt soon, but in the back of your mind, you know it won't happen until the gods decide. But I can't wait for the gods to decide. I must know he is alive. I only want to hear my song on the wind, and be certain he is the one playing it. Most of all, I want to know that he is there, wondering how I'm doing, knowing how much I miss him. I mustn't sit idle anymore. I will go to the Forest Temple to pray, and hope my prayers are heard. The temple is full of disgusting monsters, but I don't care. Nothing will stop me. Nothing can stop me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that was this week, I hope you enjoyed the entries! Don't forget to vote!

Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 14
A Mystery...

PM me your entries by 03/06/11, make sure they are 100-300 words. Thanks!

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Been a long time since I voted on one of these. Dekunut, yours was funny. theothernavi, I love yours. It's about my favorite Zelda character. :) The relationship she has with Link...
I voted for you, theothernavi.

Ganondork

goo
I liked both entries, a lot. However, I felt much more connected to theothernavi's story. It was as if I was looking through Saria's eyes, feeling every bit of sadness she felt waiting for Link. It was truly a hard decision, but theothernavi's entry was slightly better written.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Umm.....March 6th was a long time ago. So how can we get more entries? (without timetravelling)

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Yep, Meegz is Bri'ish, so that translates to 06/03 for you folk who don't translate dates. (Although I'm American, I believe the rest have this one right, with it being all "shortest time, middle time, longest time" as day month year.)

Anyway, my vote goes to DekuNut (making the votes 4v4). They are both good but I thought his touched on an unexplored possibility while theothernavi's was playing along the lines we've all seen before, and I very much value originality.

Meego, by "A mystery..." do you mean you haven't told us yet or to write about a mystery?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Guys, the point in me creating a theme is to see how you can interpret it. It's not that hard; basically write about a mystery in Zelda. There's not right or wrong answer.

Anyway, congratulations to this week's winner theothernavi! ~~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom