• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you purchase a Paper Zelda title if Nintendo made one?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Not if it came in place of a mainline game.

If it was a spin-off and was focused like TYYD, then maybe. It shouldn't be like SPM though, because that's, while not being what Paper Mario needs, is more fitting of Mario considering the series 2D platformer roots.

I would but I am sure that they would never make one. I would purchase it because it is a Zelda game and I enjoy The Legend of Zelda and all of its aspects. It seems a little far off that they would make one though. I feel as through it would not really live up to a Zelda title and the fact that is focused on being Paper Zelda would inhibit it if you know what I mean.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I don't feel like it'd be right for a main Zelda title. For a spin-off it'd be a neat to try. Honestly I don't see it going any farther than maybe a fan game.

If it was as good as Thousand Year Door and NOT the same as Paper Mario, yes. I'm more loyal to Zelda than I am to Mario anyway, so if they made a GOOD Paper Zelda (which, let's be honest, probably wouldn't happen knowing modern Nintendo) I would totally play it.

Dan

I adore the Paper art style so I couldn't say no to a Zelda game looking that way. If it it's fun then of course it would be worth my purchase.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'd rather they didn't do Paper Zelda until they fixed Paper Mario.

To be honest, that's the excuse I see most people use about Nintendo games, yet the age of the individual fanbases for games says otherwise. :gshrug:

To be fair, little kids aren't going to go on an online discussion board, even when the subject is something they outnumber teens and adults in.

I'd personally love to see it. Particularly what sort of effects on the paper elements the different items and things could have. I'm a bit torn on whether I'd rather have it be turn-based in a thousand year door style, a side-scrolling fusion of Super Paper Mario and Zelda 2, or something more unique. A traditional top-down Zelda with items that cause effects like cutting and folding the paper of the environment and enemies for example could be really cool. Though I think I'd most like to see the Zelda 2 gameplay revived and fine-tuned for a paper sub-series.

LegendaryFusion

Zelda Grandmaster
As much as I love the Paper Mario series, I just can't imagine how LoZ would fit into all of that. The mechanics for both games are completely different. That being said, I would still buy it to see if it was actually good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom