• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Evolve?

If you were a Pokemon, and you had the choice, would you want to evolve?
Would it depend on the Pokemon you were, or would you always have the same answer?
Personally, it depends on what I would be. If I were something like a Caterpie, well, of course I'd want to evolve, but being something like Zizagoon, I'm not sure.
In the games, do you have a Pokemon you just don't want to let evolve?
Also, can someone refresh my memory? In the show, is it Pikachu who doesn't want to evolve, or is it Ash who doesn't want him to?
Anyways, would you want to evolve and why or why not?

As a Pokemon, I'd probably want to evolve in order to get stronger, however, if I've formed a particular bond with my trainer at some point, I would choose not to.

Also, my trainer might want to keep from evolving in order to learn certain moves at a lower level. ;)

As for Pickachu and Ash, I believe there is a bit of hesitancy on both parts.

Pikachu didn't want to evolve, but Ash wanted him too so he could grow more powerful and defeat Lt. Surge's Raichu. They both came to a consencus that Pikachu wasn't going to evolve, obiously.

Now, as for the OP, it depends. If I was like a Dragonair or something, than hell yea I'd want to evolve. I'd work my butt off so I could become the biggest baddest Dragonite in the world. If I was hoothoot, than that would be a different story.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I would evolve. The evolutions look so much cooler. There's a few cases where I wouldn't want to be a certain Pokemon like Trubbish. In that case I wouldn't want to become a giant stinking garbage mouse.

I like Murkrow better than Honchkrow, so I think if I ever raiseed one again I wouldn't evolve him.

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I would evolve when I was ready to. I've sort of seen it as stages of childhood-adolescence-adulthood, easily seen with starters, particularly Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard due to the major behavior changes. Oh, hey, I found this picture that sort of illustrates this-
523817_222967467810858_102817966492476_416705_69086400_n.jpg

If I were Arceus, why would I care?!

Otherwise, yeah, I suppose I would like to evolve someday. Doesn't matter what pokemon I'd be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom