• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Worried About MM3D Now

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I have put a lot of thought into this and what if the new Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire remakes have threw away our chances of a majoras mask remake because nintendo doesnt like doing 2 remakes at once does anyone think we will get a majoras mask remake

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well, Pokemon is Gamefreak, so Nintendo proper won't be as active with that. Besides, the could farm out a hypothetical MM3D to another company (since they have the base code from OoT3D).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
With the way OR and AS were presented to us, I don't think we should throw away the possibility of MM3D just yet. Nintendo could very well do the very same thing (Wait a while, then reveal them out of the blue) with a MM remake.

Also, if you think about release dates, Pokemon X&Y were released a long time before ALBW. You may at first think this irrelevant, but it's not. The Gen III remakes were announced a fair while after Gen VI was initially released. The same could very well happen with Zelda.

I do see a flaw in what you said, but Term already pointed it out. Gamefreak does Pokemon while Nintendo itself doesn't really have much to do with it. By this reasoning, the possibility should not be thrown out.

Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes were gonna happen eventually, but will this stop Majora's Mask 3D from happening? Absolutely not. Game Freak are the ones who make Pokémon games, Nintendo just goes "yeah" and let's Game Freak do whatever they want really.

If Nintendo were the developers of Pokémon, then at the very least Majora's Mask 3D will still be on the ideas board alot longer, but that's not the case and even if it was it wouldn't mean that Majora's Mask 3D would never see the light of day. Finger crossed Something will pop up at E3 but that's wishful thinking at the moment.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
That won't have an effect on MM3D. The real issue is the lack of demand.

That would just mean MM3D might be a little further away, just keep being patient, friend.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Last edited:
Operation Moonfall is loud, but small and insignificant, just like the Midna Fanclub. It's doubtful that either will succeed in their goals.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/articl...proved-majoras-mask-isnt-popular#.U2wVa1clvzs

Considering that Nintendo has already been suffering a profit loss, I don't think this is something they want to do.

They can't be small and insignificant if both have been acknowledged, even though Midna fans were shot down. Granted, OM won't make it happen, but MM fans aren't yelling into deaf ears.

Shouldn't make a difference. As many have mentioned, Nintendo doesn't do the Pokemon games directly. It's also worth noting that they didn't develop OoT3D, either. Grezzo did, and considering their excellent track record (they also did the Four Swords update) I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't hand off MM3D to them as well.

MM3D is very likely going to happen, and although remaking it would be cost efficient its hard to say how well it would sell so its understandable that Nintendo would be hesitant in remaking it, OoT3D did great and I think if they were to market MM3D as the sequel it is rather than as just another Zelda remake it would probably help it sell as people who liked OoT3D would be more likely to seek out and experience the sequel to one of the best and most well known games in video game history, it would also help if they put some focus on how unique of an experience it is as there really isn't any other game like it.

Fig

The Altruist
It is safe to say that Ruby and Sapphire remakes were going to eventually happen. What Nintendo did was great as I am positive that they were probably evening developing the game alongside X and Y and decided only to focus on X and Y and decided to announce OR/AS when XY was starting to get a bit stale. Good job Nintendo! :clap:

As others stated before me, Nintendo doesn't really develop the Pokemon games but instead GameFreak. As much as Pokemon is very related to Nintendo, they don't really develop the Pokemon games, so when the subject of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire hindering the chances that we will get a Majora's Mask remake, I highly doubt it would. For all we know, Nintendo might be even working on the project right now and are simply keeping it discrete from the public and might reveal it until the timing is just right. However as much as many people love Majora's Mask, the fanbase for such a remake is very minuscule compared to the fanbase of Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time was huge and considered the greatest game of all time until Super Mario Galaxy took its place. As much as the Operation: Moonfall was huge, it still falls short of how many people actually care for the game. At the end of Operation: Moonfall, the Facebook page had over 90,000 supporters and that is phenomenal, but then you look at other Facebook pages such as Zelda Dungeon and Zelda Informer with over 300,000+ and 200,000+ respectively and you can clearly see the huge difference in support.

Now when it comes to the possibility of a Majora's Mask remake, I firmly believe that it is in fact quite possible. Nintendo has the proper coding, funding, and will probably have their 3rd party company GREZZO help out create the remake. So why hasn't this happened already? The problem is that Nintendo is suffering from their third consecutive loss in profits and while a lot of people are still interested and will probably buy Majora's Mask 3D, it is really a huge risk. There's no denying that the fan base of Majora's Mask is just minuscule and I'm sure they don't want to take the risk of losing money even though there are still a vast amount of people waiting for such a game to be released. Maybe if Nintendo wasn't having financial problems we could have easily seen an announcement for Majora's Mask 3D right now. Do I still want a Majora's Mask remake? Yes. Will the game sell? Perhaps not enough to Nintendo's expectations and that's where we find the connection, because Nintendo does in fact listen to the fans, they do want to please us with their games but it is because the lack of support is why Nintendo is still holding back a remake of Majora's Mask.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I agree with Darkest Link, I don't see why Nintendo would want to do this. Yes, it would please the small but very vocal group of people who actually want it, but from a business perspective it would count as a loss. Even if they already have the base code from OoT3D, it still takes a significant amount of investment, both financially and monetarily, to remake MM with the improved graphics. And with the way Nintendo is going, that's not a smart move in the long run. They need to focus on creating new games for their franchises (or even better, creating all-new franchises for the younger generation to latch onto like we all did for Mario and Zelda and whatnot) than remaking older games that a small but vocal fanbase are clamoring for.

And really, why does Majora's Mask NEED to be remade? The game still looks really good. It can still be played in its original format just fine, those who want a remake already own a version of it, why is a remake necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom