• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker Review

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
SO I JUST finished beating Wind Waker, my first Game cube game, and here is rating
Overall: 6.5/10
This game was too easy. I have played the oracle series, each game focuses on hard puzzles, or hard monsters. This game had neither. The only part that gave me grief Here is my breakdown of each Zelda component.
• Music: 10/10 Loved the soundtrack, especially the fiddle of the sages! I play the fiddle!
• Musical instrument 2/10 A baton that can control the winds. Not as good as Oot’s ocarina, or Spirit tracks flute (that you can really play) Not enough songs, uses the same ones too much!
• Bosses 5/10 Too easy, some were creative, most spinoffs of other titles. Not enough
• Story: 10/10 Great story, directly linked to OoT, the Hyrule historia shed some more light, but I loved how I helped the old king of Hyrule!
• Monsters: 2/10 All were seen in previous titles, their tony versions looked silly!
I hate toon link, or as Hyrule Historia says “cat EYE link” he seems too young and immature. Loved the sailing, and the treasure!
Tell me if you agree with any of this
Also if you watch all the credits, there is a bonus cutsecene and a master quest, where many things are different!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I personally prefer the toon style to Bland tp and in the middle OoT. The bosses were easy but were fun.
Music 9/10
Story 9.5/10
Game play 10/10
Art style 9.5/10
Difficulty 4/10
42/50 84% a solid b in my book.

I disagree with most of your points completely, except for music and story. You can probably tell based off that what my overall opinion of Wind Waker is :P

I also don't think a game being "too easy" is necessarily a bad thing. Difficult and easy games alike can be fun and enjoyable.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I might give it a little higher. For all the ease and cartooniness, it did have what makes a Zelda game a Zelda game- a young Link on a quest to defeat Ganon and save the princess. It ain't anywhere near as good as TP, MM, or OoT, and I've made a habit of bashing it all the time, but you gotta respect the fact this is a Zelda game with many fine Zelda elements.

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
Nice ideas

Well this just goes to show how each Zelda fan has his own wants in a Zelda game, I love a challenge and this game was easy, I respect all of your opinions though. MY next game to play will be TP
SO far I have played
aLttP
OoT
MM
OoS
OoA
WW
SS
My favorite was Oot, least favorite was MM
Also if I found errors in the walkthrough for the WW, how do I report them?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Wind Waker is my least favorite 3D title...and yes easiness is a problem. But it's nowhere near enough to warrant this much hatred for it--especially when you have great problems in the game. Why? Because all Zeldas since OoT have been easy. Is Wind Waker overly easy at times? Yes...but there's still far bigger issues--like sailing.

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
I didn't really hate the sailing, I liked it more that the riding the train in ST. Yes video games are being made more easy, Nintendo is appealing to a younger audience, perhaps they should set a difficulty setting?
Also, does anyone know where I can report errors in the walkthough!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Mini-review time!!!

Visuals

+Gorgeous art style
+Dazzling effects
+World is a living cartoon

Audio

+Clever use of grunts in favor of voice acting
+Catchy, upbeat soundtrack

Story

+Heartfelt sequel to Ocarina of Time
+Dynamic main cast
-Flat NPCs
-Little character development

Gameplay

+Fluid controls and combat
+Well-designed islands
-Arduous and boring sailing
-Lackluster dungeons and bosses
-Insanely low difficulty

Verdict

Visuals: S
Audio: A
Story: B
Gameplay: C+

Final Score: B- (Good)

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
SO I JUST finished beating Wind Waker, my first Game cube game, and here is rating
Overall: 6.5/10
This game was too easy. I have played the oracle series, each game focuses on hard puzzles, or hard monsters. This game had neither. The only part that gave me grief Here is my breakdown of each Zelda component.
• Music: 10/10 Loved the soundtrack, especially the fiddle of the sages! I play the fiddle!
• Musical instrument 2/10 A baton that can control the winds. Not as good as Oot’s ocarina, or Spirit tracks flute (that you can really play) Not enough songs, uses the same ones too much!
• Bosses 5/10 Too easy, some were creative, most spinoffs of other titles. Not enough
• Story: 10/10 Great story, directly linked to OoT, the Hyrule historia shed some more light, but I loved how I helped the old king of Hyrule!
• Monsters: 2/10 All were seen in previous titles, their tony versions looked silly!
I hate toon link, or as Hyrule Historia says “cat EYE link” he seems too young and immature. Loved the sailing, and the treasure!
Tell me if you agree with any of this
Also if you watch all the credits, there is a bonus cutsecene and a master quest, where many things are different!

Music, I'd agree with you on that, there was some notable tunes.
Musical instrument... Have you even seen Skyward Sword's "instrument". WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE. Also, using a tune too much? Play Ocarina of Time Master Quest and tell me about using a tune too much. @_@;;
Bosses, most are easy, but I agree. The only difficult one is Puppet Ganon or Ganondorf.
Story, I agree one, aside from the Triforce Shards.
Monsters. The monsters, of course, are some of the same ones from previous Zelda games, but also had to keep in the same style as Link. Link was created first, I believe, and then the Moblin was the base for all the creatures in the game.

Overall, I'd give Wind Waker, personally, an 9/10.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Music, I'd agree with you on that, there was some notable tunes.
Musical instrument... Have you even seen Skyward Sword's "instrument". WAGGLE WAGGLE WAGGLE. Also, using a tune too much? Play Ocarina of Time Master Quest and tell me about using a tune too much. @_@;;

Does it even matter about another game's instrument? The Wind Waker wasn't fun to use. Not that it's all that important, but I can also assure you that if you just waggled with the Harp, you didn't beat the game, since actual timed strokes are required (still a pointless addition, but not waggle, that's my point).

Master Quest is also not something that should be used as a reference point. It was initially made as a bonus for those who pre-ordered The Wind Waker, so it was put together pretty quickly (and sloppily). Beyond that, a tune shouldn't have to be played just to change freaking directions, that's so stupid and tedious, ahsofdfshsdigjsd.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Holy ****...is that you Amy? AtrumLevis? I'm so happy to hear ZS got put back up. :3

Anywho, about that musical instrument...I personally didn't find much problem in the Wind Waker since it was effectively the Ocarina with 2-4 seconds extra worth of wait time (you have to wait for the sparkle to hit the note before it'd play). It's not a horrible thing, but it's certainly better than the Harp. The Harp, though, was hardly controlled by waggling! :P You waggle with the Harp, you fail (or at least, that's how it was for me! ;p).

I never found that I had to use a tune all too much; the Command MELODY gets a lot of flak but it doesn't take much to cast it and honestly the puzzles that revolve around it are not so hard that you are forced to play it over ten times in a row. ;p

The Wind Waker gets an easy 9.75 in my book. Speaking solely on the instrument, however, I found it to be amazingly fun and practical. I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the time mechanism; it felt as though I was keeping time with an actual metronome. Most fans' gripes with this mechanism appears to derive from a disliking of keeping time with the music (generally speaking) rather than the instrument itself. Said fans must not like playing the precussion instruments very much irl... ;p

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
As far as instruments go I think Spirit tracks hit the spot. You really have to blow into the mic, and move the flute!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Don't see the problem with the harp. Not as good as the Spirit Flute, but more fun to play than the Wind Waker--and there's no annoying cutscene transition when you use it.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
The Wind Waker wasn't fun to use. Not that it's all that important, but I can also assure you that if you just waggled with the Harp, you didn't beat the game, since actual timed strokes are required (still a pointless addition, but not waggle, that's my point).

Oh no, I beat it. XD. I know it is timed, but I swear it sounded like this:

Skyward Sword - Isle Of Songs - Learning Din's Power - YouTube

Was just "SWIPE, SWIPE! SWIPE, SWIPE! I MADE MUSIC MAWWWW!" when I played it.

Then again, I haven't played SS since I got kicked out of my now ex-boyfriend's house last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom