• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do You Play Video Games?

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Well it's simple as that... why do you play video games and what makes you like them?

It can be that they are cool and stuff like that or maybe because they're violent

As for me... I play videogames since I was 5 years old xD
I love them because they help me to scape reality even for a little while, like when I'm stressed (happens really often xD) Videogames are also the reason why I speak english now as I learned it by playing them
Most important reason would be that when a game is hard, I want to clear it whatever it takes, to feel the satisfaction, and that has helped me when I have a difficult time in real life, as videogames maked me persistent and teached me to never give up, as satisfaction comes in the end

What are your reasons to play?

MrLuigi

Theorist
Nothing else to do. I've been plating for a while too. But I'm trying to drift away from electronics because I see it as benefiting my life.

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have been playing games since Mario 3 was released, in the US for the NES. I just play to have fun. There are times when I want to escape reality but mostly I just want to have fun when playing a game.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I've been playing games ever since I was 3 and right before nap time my dad and I would play asteroids on his computer. I'm only 14. Not asteroids when it came out. :] I play to find fun stuff, good stuff, and I want to design games. I honestly don't always play them purely for fun. I take notes and videos on what I like and keep a game journal for ideas I have. Often fun times come with that. :]

I play video games because I don't like having a social life here in my town. Lots of the kids are ignorant and I don't want to be around them. So, I've grown a habbit of playing video games than just going out by myself and just having a good time, (Going to the movies, park, on a run, etc.) I guess I'm just going to be a fat lazy bum when I'm older. :lol:
Thank goodness I have a job or I would be a fat lazy bum. :(

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I play for the feeling of being someone else in a new world. For instance; I play mostly video games that are related to RPG. Where you can control one player and all of their movements, and move throughout a world. Hence, I love Zelda. I like anything based upon RPG mainly. Examples would be SSBB, Final Fantasy, Fable... etc.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I always say to people "What's the point in playing a game if you're not gonna have fun. You play games to have fun. That's what they're for."

That's baasically why I play games. Whether I want to kick my friend's butt, enjoy a good story, or simply relax after a hard days work, in the end, I'm trying to have fun when I play video-games.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
What is really the point of playing video games for me? I just came up with the answer. The truth is, I play video games to experience a story. It doesn't matter what story; video games always make you feel a special emotion in every scene. Whether atmosphere in the video game is scary, sad, or happy, you always feel that emotion tugging at your heart. This is the best way to describe what video games are to me really. They are like a whole different world to me, that live by rules, but somehow always free.

I play video games because I don't like having a social life here in my town. Lots of the kids are ignorant and I don't want to be around them. So, I've grown a habbit of playing video games than just going out by myself and just having a good time, (Going to the movies, park, on a run, etc.) I guess I'm just going to be a fat lazy bum when I'm older. :lol:
Thank goodness I have a job or I would be a fat lazy bum. :(

Scary thing is, at least for me, this hasn't changed as I've gotten older ;). I still feel like most around me are ignorant, as you say. Out of touch and just seem to have different priorities - alot of them seem to have priorities that are, well, shallow and simple. I hate saying that and sounding elitist and stuck up, but I really feel that way about most of the people I see and talk to. I just can't seem to mesh with the majority of people I'm in contact with daily. And they just don't seem to get me, usually speaking very condescendingly or flat out dismissing me. I don't really care to hang out or spend time with these people, so I retreat to my mind - books, music, writing and video games usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom