• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Do You Play As in Mario Spin-offs?

I usually like to play as Yoshi. He's well balanced in Mario Kart, Tennis, and Golf. Not to mention he's SO happy.

If I feel like switching it up, I play as Donkey Kong. I'm not sure why, but he just stands out from the other characters, to me.

Either Shy Guy, Koopa/Paratroopa/Lakitu, or Yoshi, depending on their availability, and usually prioritized in that order.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I play as Luigi, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, or Dry Bones in pretty much all Mario spin-offs. If you count Super Smash Bros as a Mario spin-off then I play as Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Link

I'm almost always Bowser. Because when I'm playing for fun, I honestly don't care if I make Bowser look like an idiot. Plus, he's totally awesome and stupid. And I like villains. Playing as Bowser and messing around is so hilarious... especially because of the noises he makes. xD Auuguhgaa... Ouuuwwoohhg... Booo'oh. Amazing voice-acting right there. Sometimes it is so worth it to screw up just to hear those sounds. ;P

Toadette is normally my second choice, just because she looks cool. Bahaha... but she can be annoying as a CPU. Well, then again, I guess all CPUs can be annoying... ;/

Kirino

Tatakae
Either Luigi or Bowser. Aside from the fact that they are my two favorite characters, I like Bowser's power, and Luigi's well rounded abilties.

Djinn

and Tonic
Wario is always awesome in almost every appearance. I like Bowser but I hate how he is always the slow lumbering one and the slowness normally annoys me. Wario has that, bash everything in his sights no matter what gameplay which is just great. I like it because it gives me a few extra methods of attacking beyond just jumping like normal. Donkey Kong is similar but I just never really liked the character much.

I Actually hope they make more games built like Mario 64x4 or American SMB2 where you have a variety of various characters to play in a regular platform setting. I love the variety that gives you as it lets you chose the character best suited to your own playstyle instead of always conforming to the ordinary playstyle of the game itself.

I almost always pick Wario if he is a choice. I love Wario, I don't know why I just do.
At the moment I've been a little money hungry, so I've bonded more with Wario.
Other than that I would say Bowser.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Well, for Mariokart, it's either lakitu, koopa, or baby mario/peach. For mario party, it's toadette and koopa. Smash Bros? Pikachu, Toon link, and Wolf. Paper mario? (Partners) Goombella. And for Mario Strikers Charged, Peach or Diddy Kong with partners toad, dry bones, and hammer bros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom