• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Town/Village Should Be The Best??

Which Town/Village Do You Want To Have The Most Content?

• Kokiri Village (OoT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kakariko Village (OoT/TP)

• Hyrule Castle Town (OoT/TP)

• Gerudo Valley Fortress (OoT)

• Outset Island (WW)

• Windfall Island (WW)

• Forest Haven (WW)

• Skyloft (SS)

• Other (OoT/MM/WW/TP)

• Total voters

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
This poll is a bit confusing because we still have no idea what Skyloft might be like, you can vote for Skyloft or any of the towns/villages you think could be in SS Hyrule.

And by best I mean that it is the area with the most side content and best NPC's and it has they biggest layout and it should offer the most to do versus any other place (hopefully like Clock Town lol)

Also just about any location from previous games could be up in skyloft too, so don't feel like you have to pick skyloft as your choice. Plus it's multiple choice so you could pick Hyrule and Skyloft and put those two places together.

I choose Windfall Island because I think it could be one of the islands in Skyloft and that with the lack of water everywhere Windfall could be a lot bigger! it had the most potential in WW and I think they could make it into a little Clock Town of it's own if they expanded on it. For those reasons I'm giving Windfall and Skyloft a vote. Now it's your turn, what should be the most epicest NPC area in the game?

Last edited:

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
Windfall island is my favorite location in the Zelda series next to maybe Dragon Roost Island and the Forest Haven. The music reminded me of Kakariko's at certain measures (like in my thread :lol:). There were many sidequests that took place here that involved running around the town at night or sneaking through small holes in the wall to take a pictograph. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 100, Windfall would be 95. :D

jack546

The chosen one
the name is a bit confusing and i dont think there will be anny islands especialy wind fall because of this i voted for geudo fortress i would like places like castle town but as most other people think the over world will be a barren area with shops along the way and skyloft geudo fortress skyloft and maybe a small vilage like kakkiriko is posible asuming this game is before Oot

Kybyrian

The only places I would see as existing in Skyward Sword are the Gerudo Valley Fortress in OoT, Hyrule Castle Town from OoT, maybe some others from OoT, and Skyloft, of course. This game comes before Ocarina of Time, which means that these are pretty likely. I'm not sure of when Kakariko Village was built, but I believe Impa was the founder, correct? If so I don't believe it could be Skyward Sword. Castle Town could date back quite a few years, though, as well as the Gerudo Valley Fortress. I don't see the possibility of anything else being in the game, because they were all in games that are after Skyward Sword. I don't believe that Windfall could be in Skyward Sword, which occurs before Ocarina of Time, without being in Ocarina of Time. I think it's also possible that we could see a few other places from Ocarina of Time because of the fact that this is before it. Some of these places could have started before and not been gone by the time of Ocarina of Time.

Uh. Well. Actually I don't think we can expect to see any towns or villages that we're familiar with. Since Skyloft is a part of Hyrule, and that somehow they've separated, we should probably expect this to be a LONG TIME in the past since we've never heard of such a thing. I don't really think it's probably to see many familiar settlements, except MAYBE Hyrule Castle. If they're going to be anywhere though they'll need to be in Skyloft since Hyrule is ruled by evil. We might see other familiar landmarks like Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, the Lost Woods. Whether they're in Skyloft or Hyrule, I don't know.

As for your main point, I actually don't expect to see many towns. Maybe ONE central town, maybe two. But overall I think the world will be pretty savage. That central town better be big though. :3

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I liked Windfall Island in Wind Waker. There's load's to do and sidequest's to complete. I also liked hearing about the characters interests.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Since Link will be coming from Skyloft, I think that that should have the most detail and most content than any other area. I honestly think that Link will go to and fro between Hyrule and Skyloft, so it would make a lot of sense for there to be a lot of content up there.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To be honest, I don't expect to see much of anything we're familiar with.

But, if you mean like how much stuff there is to do (like as in, hoping there's as much stuff to do in Skyloft as in say Clock Town), then I choose Windfall Island. Windfall Island just had just the right amount of sidequests and they were done pretty well.

Plus, the NPC's there rocked. Tingle, the Rich/Poor people, the Gossipers, etc. etc.

If Skyloft was like Windfall, I'd probably fanboy all over the place.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Hmm, based on what we know timeline-wise, I think the chances of most of those returning are highly unlikely. The only possibilities I can see making a return are Kokiri Village and the Gerudo Fortress with a SLIM chance of Hyrule Castle Town (Besides Skyloft, which of course will be in the game).

Kakariko Village is out of the picture since SS takes place hundreds of years before OoT and Impa supposedly founded Kakariko Village for the Sheikah tribe. Since Impa was about middle-aged in OoT, there's no possible way that Kakariko Village could be more than 30-40 years old in OoT, meaning Kakariko Village couldn't be in SS. This doesn't mean that I think the Sheikah will be nonexistant in SS or that the Sheikah won't live elsewhere, I just don't think Kakariko Village itself, will be in Skyward Sword.

I also don't think that locations from The Wind Waker, such as Windfall Island, Forest Haven or Outset Island, will be included in SS. I just don't see how that could work. Since SS is 100s of years before OoT and WW is 100s of years after, that means they could be up to 1000 years apart from each other. Plus, it's already been established that the islands in TWW were the mountain peaks of Old Hyrule, not floating islands in the sky. I'd LOVE to see Windfall and Outset Islands again, but I don't think it could work, story-wise. :(

Castle Town, may appear but I don't think it's too likely. I expect Hyrule to be pretty basic. I don't think Hyrule will be a full-fledged kingdom and because of that, a Castle Town wouldn't really fit. It's still possible but I doubt it.

That leaves Gerudo Fortress and Kokiri Forest which I could see being in SS. They were both in OoT and I can't think of any reasons against them being in SS. The Gerudos must have been around for hundreds (Or thousands) of years since it's a known fact that a male Gerudo is born every 100 years. They couldn't possibly know this if they've only been around for a little while. I sure hope that if it's there, they throw in the Gerudo Valley music, just for nostalgia. :) Kokiri Forest (And the Deku Tree and Kokiris) could possibly be in SS as well because the Deku tree was at the end of his life cycle in OoT. Large trees like the Deku Tree usually last hundreds of years so I'd expect to see him/it and the Kokiris in SS.

And now, to answer your question, I think Skyloft (or some town in Skyloft) will be the biggest and best, to make up for the lack of civilization in Hyrule. It sounds like Skyloft will already have many people and will be fairly civilized. I'm hoping to see a town similar to clock town, but better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be many NPCs (Ones that are important, not like Castle Town's many filler characters), many sidequests and I'm hoping that it's very detailed. It'd also be nice if there were TWO main towns in Skyloft, instead of one. :)

I chose castle town and Skyloft. I would have chosen Kakriko Village to, but I don't think it will have been founded yet in SS, because Impa was the one who founded the Kakariko Village from OoT and TP. It might be cool to see an appearance from the hidden village though.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
To clear things up the WW areas wouldn't be around in SS. at least none of the towns but if there are any mountain tops in SS you could argue that it is one of the islands in WW but which one is anyones guess. so i suppose the Forest Haven isen't needed in the pole (if you can help it don't vote for it), same goes for Outset but don't worry about Windfall it already has a few votes lol and in my opinion any of the above locations from OoT could be in SS. Kokiri Forest and Gerudo Valley were natural regions that have been around since the dawn of hyrule, it shows that in the creation story of OoT (from what i can recall we saw scenes of Kokiri, Gerudo Valley, and Death Mountain) I also believe there will be a Hyrule Castle in this game, different from the one in OoT but it should be there, and as for Kakariko Village there have been multiple Kakariko Villages (Alttp, OoT, TP etc)! There have also been multiple Impas (OoT, OoX, TP etc) do you really think OoT's was the first? I remember that the sheikah have been around just as long as the royal family and they always had their own settlement apart from Hyrule Proper I think Impa herself tells Link this. But that would mean that the Kakariko in OoT's child timeline would have been reletively new since Impa founded it and they were still building buildings when you get there. There was probably a Kakariko before that one Maybe the Kakariko we see in SS is a different one in a different location. Who knows maybe it gets destroyed in SS and Impa is one of the only survivors? I just don't believe that OoT's kakariko was the first...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom