• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Metroid Game is Your Favourite?

Out of the ones I've played (Metroid Zero Mission, MII, Super Metroid, MP1 and MP3), it's a tough choice between Super Metroid and MP1. :( MP1 was my first Metroid game, and while Metroid: ZM was the one that got me into the Metroid fandom, there was just something about Super Metroid that seemed just right. The music was excellent and although it could get pretty difficult, it wasn't anything crazy and I loved just exploring everything. I was stunned when I realized that Ridley had the same music from Magmoor Caverns... Ahhh but I am getting a bit off-topic. I guess I'll have to pick MP1, though. I played it again after going through the 2D Metroid games, and MP1 took everything that I loved about Super Metroid and Zero Mission and put it in 3D. Having played through the earlier Metroid games made me realize just how awesome MP1 really is.

Metroid Prime 1 was my first Metroid game... but I think Metroid Prime 3 Corruptions. I really liked the story and I having the Wii controls were cool. (I bough the trilogy set for the Wii since I borrow MP 1 from a friend and only had MP2.)

R

Robgoro

Hands down - Metroid Prime. When I was a kid, I used to lift up every rock I could find to try and "discover" new bugs and insects - I brought that interest into Pokemon and, as I grew up, it turned into walking around ponds, streams, and forests in search of larger more interesting things like salamanders or frogs. One of the most beautiful things about Metroid Prime is that it truly exuded a feeling of you being in the way of nature. A lot of the organisms there, if not all of them, already existed in ecosystems and environments that were there long before Samus docked on the planet. Scanning was undoubtedly the most exciting part of that game for me - I loved reading about how the organisms interacted - even some of the architecture or plant life that wasn't a threat had flavor text. The world of Metroid, which for I time I did not like at all, completely captivated my senses.

For me, I think it'd have to be a draw between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. I haven't had the opportunity to play any Metroid Prime games yet, but I think my favorites will probably stay what they are. Never know though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom