• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Kind of Partner Would You Rather Get?

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Which kind of partner would you rather get? Someone who is fat, ugly, and smells kind of funky but has a great personally and is fun. Or someone who is gorgous, smells great even without showering for a few days, but has a crappy personally and isn't that fun.

octorok74

TETTAC
I agree with Atticus. I'd much rather have someone with a great personality, because they are easier to talk to. And it's had enough for me to speak to women already.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Personality over looks. It's the fat, ugly, but friendly person for me. Sure, the second option is much easier to look at, but what's the point if you're wasting your time being angry or annoyed at him/her for having such a crappy attitude all the time?

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Yeah, a personally is important but what about smelling good? Would you still be with them even if they smelled horrible?

I'd prefer the fat/ugly one over the beautiful one . . . in my opinion having fun and enjoying oneself is much more important than the outside things of life. We might have to do something about that smell, though . . .

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Yeah, a personally is important but what about smelling good? Would you still be with them even if they smelled horrible?
Hygiene is important. Yes, I would still be with them. Considering they're going to be your partner, you'd get used to the smell after a while. They can always lose weight as well.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Personality and appearance both matter. Whenever you see someone, you're not thinking "oh, I want to get to know her brain", you're thinking "damn girl, I'd like to hit that". Attraction comes first, getting to know the person comes second, as it takes plenty of time. I don't see why it has to be one or the other when both clearly matter. There's no way someone can be happy with a person their not attracted to. Just like there's no way someone can be happy with a person they don't enjoy being with. It just doesn't work that way.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Personality and appearance both matter. Whenever you see someone, you're not thinking "oh, I want to get to know her brain", you're thinking "damn girl, I'd like to hit that". Attraction comes first, getting to know the person comes second, as it takes plenty of time.

"Damn girl, I'd like to hit that?"

How many people actually think that when they meet a potential girlfriend of boyfriend? I certainly didn't. That's an odd way to start off a relationship.

I know this is posited as an "either/or" thread, and I'd hate to go off-topic, but I do have something to add to the discussion, I think. I'm not participating in part because the woman I'm involved with, and to whom I will be married in the near future, is very pretty and has a great personality, but also because what's left out here is the single most important trait: virtue.

How can you possibly make such an important decision based on the parameters here? I guess a lot of people do, but that's an error; what matters is really an individual's self-control, commitment, and moral fiber. We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect, but heck, serial killers can have great personalities, and "fun" people can make some of the worst parents because they're more interested in being friends with their children than providing them with the proper discipline. That's a major component in this sort of decision. As for someone with a bad personality, they could also be morally decrepit, or they could be far more virtuous. We're not really given that information, are we?

So I'll just say that both of these alternatives sound potentially horrible, and you may as well just flip a coin.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
"Damn girl, I'd like to hit that?"

How many people actually think that when they meet a potential girlfriend of boyfriend? I certainly didn't. That's an odd way to start off a relationship.

Many people, not in those words of course as it was obviously an exaggeration. The point being made is that you need to be attracted to someone first, to even care about what they're like. Honestly, who goes out looking to meet someone and approaches a 50 year old cow that has terrible B.O. because chances are, they might have a great personality? No one.

I would rather choose the first partner. As Atticus maintained it's what's on the inside that matters most.

Personality is much more important in selecting a partner than appearance. I've held an affection towards girls from all walks of life before whether they were tall or short, skinny or fat, flower smelling or funky smelling. The point behind a relationship is to find a partner whom you will love and who loves you back. This often means possessing the same interests. And who are we to judge others? First we must examine the person we are. I've always leaned toward the geeker type but nevertheless have an exceptional build, not the best but it will get by. I do have some appearance problems though namely in regards to acne and purple spots under my eyes. Maybe I'm not the prettiest creature alive but my heart holds no malicious attentions. Hopefully others will be as open minded towards me as I am to them.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
they dont have to be either of those. my partner, my gf, is gorgeous, smells good, thin, and yet has the greatest personality ever. but in my past ive dated for looks, and they are annoying, so id say personality

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom