• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which is More Annoying? Navi's "Hey! Listen! Watch Out!" or Tatl's Bells and Chimes?

Which Fairy is More Annoying?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I know a lot of people here think Navi is SO annoying, but what about Tatl? Her little whistles and whatnot make me want to smack her (plus how arrogant and obnoxious she is) So, go ahead and put your opinion.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
What if I said that neither of them were annoying to me, but that Kaepora Gaebora was somewhat annoying?

Your question is premised on the assumption that I will find one of them annoying, and/or that I will have a different opinion about each of them. In reality, I consider them about the same.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Here's the thing, after the first playthrough of OoT Navi's "Hey, Listen" begins to get annoying because I, for the most part, already know all the stuff she's telling me and it's like she feels she has to keep doing it until I... well... listen. This makes Tatl seems less annoying because she only says relevant things and doesn't keep trying to tell you. Not to mention her tingle is, as Charge said, more subtle.

On the other hand, Navi's shouts aren't as annoying the first time around and what she says actually helps you. This is nice while Tatl is usually fussing at you about something you did or should have done. I played MM first and I always hated how bossy Tatl was. Then I played OoT and Navi was a nice change.

Overall, the sound of Navi is more annoying, but Tatl herself has more annoying features.

Last edited:
C

Caleb, Of Asui

Honestly, neither of them was really ever annoying to me. I loved pressing Z over and over again on the menu of Collector's Edition to hear Navi yell "hey," "listen," "look," "what's up..." ^^ Any thought I ever had that she was annoying was because someone else told me that, but I don't believe in conforming to other people's opinions and personalities. Navi was a great character, and if you believe she was annoying... learn to be tolerant of the game that you love.

I didn't find Navi's "Hey!, and Listen!" annoying at all. I actually liked it.

But Tatl's bells or whatever weren't annoying, they were just more annoying than Navi's.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I didn't really find either annoying. Tatl was a little annoying with her snotty attitude, and Navi with her constant "Hey! Listen!" If I had to say the more annoying fairy, it would be Navi, because Z toggle is my favorite tool, and I don't like my concentration inturrupted everytime I use it with a "What's up?" Tatl was just a tinkle that I kinda like. Over all, though, the stupid owl is incredibully annoying.

M

Monkey

I personally find Navi very annoying...Tatl is very cool. I find her obnoxious statements amusing

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Navi is more annoying in the way that she explains stuff. Like how it takes two or three boxes of slow moving dialogue to explain how to open a freakin' door but Tatl's speech for that kind of stuff isn't much of a bother if you already know how to do that.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
What if I said that neither of them were annoying to me, but that Kaepora Gaebora was somewhat annoying?

Your question is premised on the assumption that I will find one of them annoying, and/or that I will have a different opinion about each of them. In reality, I consider them about the same.

I'd agree that Kaepora Gaebora is annoying. I can barely spell it and it's kinda creepy when he cocks his head over. Not to mention he tells you stuff you already know.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd agree that Kaepora Gaebora is annoying. I can barely spell it and it's kinda creepy when he cocks his head over. Not to mention he tells you stuff you already know.

I know right? The worst part about that owl is the fact that arrows don't work on him...

On topic, I felt that Navi was more annoying. I actually kind of prefered Tatl's bells and chimes.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
The other thing about the stupid owl is the default setting on "do you want me to say that again" is "yes" so if you're just jamming A to get through his little speech, you could accidentally end up hearing it again.

Jedizora

:right:
Tatl is very annoying, and I wanted to mod navi, who isn't annoying, into MM, and get rid of Tatl.

The main reason I say Navi is because on a recent OOT play through, I had just finished the cut scene where the Deku Tree opens his mouth so you can enter. I had control of link again for maybe 3 seconds and am walking towards the Tree and I here "HEY!" I had 3 seconds before Navi was telling me what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom