• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Which is Longer, TP or SS ?

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I believe TP was longer mainly because of all the dungeons. Don't get me wrong, SS was long too, but I believe there was more sidequests to do in TP than there was in SS.

MW7

I'd say main quest alone Twilight Princess is longer, but overall game Skyward Sword is longer because it has more sidequests I'm pretty sure.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd think that Twilight Princess is longer. The quest seems longer because of its larger amount of dungeons and they're more lengthy as well. Also, Skyward Sword lacks large fetch quests. While Twilight Princess has 60 poes, 24 golden bugs, and 45 heart pieces to find, Skyward Sword has 80 Gratitude Crystals (but are gotten in groups of 5), 27 Goddess Cubes (that are easy to find, even without dowsing) and only 24 Heart Pieces.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Skyward Sword. No contest. Skyward Sword's story is basically the length of a 100% TP runthrough. That's ridiculous in of itself. All the side-content, though, makes the game nearly double the length of TP when 100%ing the game (SS). Miyamoto wasn't kidding when he said the game could last 50-100 hours, because it should take the average player 70-75 hours to 100% SS, whereas it should take only about 40 for TP. Asking this question is like asking if Skyrim is longer than Oblivion. It's just inarguable.

Skyward Sword. No contest. Skyward Sword's story is basically the length of a 100% TP runthrough. That's ridiculous in of itself. All the side-content, though, makes the game nearly double the length of TP when 100%ing the game (SS). Miyamoto wasn't kidding when he said the game could last 50-100 hours, because it should take the average player 70-75 hours to 100% SS, whereas it should take only about 40 for TP. Asking this question is like asking if Skyrim is longer than Oblivion. It's just inarguable.

I'm realy confused about the whole thing that Skyward Sword is a game with a lot of depth. I could swear that was hardly any side quests in SS? TP had the most things to collect of any Zelda game by far, and it was more difficult than SS (THERE WAS NO DOWSING!!!!) It took me 80 hours to get everything in TP, and I am at Skykeep with everything acquired up to this point in SS and it has taken me 45 hours. ?

MW7

I'm realy confused about the whole thing that Skyward Sword is a game with a lot of depth. I could swear that was hardly any side quests in SS? TP had the most things to collect of any Zelda game by far, and it was more difficult than SS (THERE WAS NO DOWSING!!!!) It took me 80 hours to get everything in TP, and I am at Skykeep with everything acquired up to this point in SS and it has taken me 45 hours. ?

I think JuicieJ exaggerated some, but Skyward Sword is the longest game in the series by a modest margin. Twilight Princess took me slightly longer to beat than Skyward Sword, but maybe the difference (5 hours) could be attributed to an increase in my skill at Zelda games. I think the games are pretty similar in length, but Skyward Sword is longer. The Gratitude sidequests were pretty substantial, and the goddess cubes and heart pieces added up the amount of collectibles. Upgrading all the items with treasures and collecting bugs could take some time too. I took under 38 hours to almost 100% hero mode (minus one heart piece and the hylian shield), and a few hours were just me playing Thrill Digger.

Going over what JuicieJ said- Skyward Sword's story basically being the length of a 100% TP run is totally inaccurate. Someone has already beaten SS in less than 9.5 hours, and people at Zeldaspeedruns are speculating that around 7 will be the optimal time. If anyone can 100% TP in less than 10 hours, I'd be really impressed. The game definitely isn't nearly double the length of TP unless you consider hero mode as part of the game time (which I believe is what Miyamoto meant). I beat both quests in around 65 hours so neither one of my playthroughs even approached 50 hours. I started a speedrun and I got to the harp in about 4 hours so I'm guessing I'll finish at the slowest around 15 hours. Finally I think that Skyward Sword is longer, but I think it's funny that JuicieJ said it's inarguable when 3 out of the 5 respondents (I'm counting myself on JuicieJ's side of the opinion) said TP was longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom