• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Comes First for You in the Zelda Timeline; Why?

Which Game comes first for you in the Zelda Timeline?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II: Adventure of Link

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

• The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/ Seasons

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

• The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

• The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

• The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

• The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

• The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

• Total voters

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I usually have OOT at the front of the timeline for the split. But occasionally I will have MC before it because it can be placed either their or after TP and before FS. Both spots are equally plausible. I dont count SS because it hasnt come out yet and for all we know it has nothing to do with the beginning of the timeline because facts can change.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Really Nintendo clould not have had the entire timeline laid out before they started making Zelda games. In fact when OoT came out the split timeline didn't even exist. So really I cannot say that anything is first. SS would probally be first. MC can't be first because it's wasn't made by Nintendo. Same with the Oracle games. Nintendo most likely not take those games into concideration when making SS. And the whole timeline theory with no game yet before OoT is wrong. I may be wrong but The four swords games take place before it because of the fact Gannondorf isn't banished yet and he doesn't have the pig monster form Gannon.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Skyward Sword is first in the main timeline, but since we know that SS is a prequel to Oot, why did people still vote for it??? o_0

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Really Nintendo clould not have had the entire timeline laid out before they started making Zelda games. In fact when OoT came out the split timeline didn't even exist.

Of course not. They choose a placement relative to the existing games each time they make a new one, but I don't think they've always thought of it as a "timeline," not until there were a number of games. And I'd like to point out that the split did exist when Ocarina of Time first came out, but of course there wasn't a whole alternate timeline until The Wind Waker. But now I'm rambling. Let me answer the thread.

Obviously, The Legend of Zelda was technically originally the first in the timeline, until they released A Link to the Past which was intended as a prequel and then Ocarina of Time which was a prequel to that. After that, until Skyward Sword, each game almost certainly comes later (I'll explain some of that below). Now Skyward Sword has obviously been stated to be a prequel to Ocarina of Time. That's what was specifically stated - it's worth noting that they did not state that it's first in the timeline. It obviously is at this point as they have made no games that can come before it. I think they didn't say it was first so that they could make a prequel to Skyward Sword at some point in the future if they so desire (no plans there, just leaving the option open for themselves).

But now for the thing with games coming after Ocarina of Time. It's fairly obvious with most games released since it, but the one game that seems to have a quarrel is The Minish Cap. People seem to say "maybe it comes before Ocarina of Time" because they fail to realize why it must come later. In The Minish Cap, it is well established that the royal family has been well established for generations. During the game, you visit the tomb of King Gustaf, who states that he ruled "countless ages ago," whereas in Ocarina of Time it's indicated that the kingdom of Hyrule has only existed as a kingdom for about a decade, and the war uniting Hyrule has much to do with Link's birth and how he ended up in Kokiri Forest. Then, obviously, Skyward Sword takes place prior to Hyrule's existence as a proper kingdom.

OcarinaHero12

OcarinaHero12
OOT is first right now but SS will be first when it comes out. all you people that think MC is first doesnt make any sense just because he gets the hat doesnt make it first!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom